Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 PM   #16
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The true meaning of preppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Jimmy. Why the hell did you make a thread about this? Who gives a f*ck?

Exactly
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:14 AM   #17
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Jimmy. Why the hell did you make a thread about this? Who gives a f*ck?

Ask yourself a similar question. Ask yourself the following question.

Why did I post in this topic, if it didn't like it?
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:41 AM   #18
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Either the poster is:

A) a preppy and is insulted that people who wear the "lesser" brands like Hollister and Gap get called "preppy"

B) someone who wears Hollister and is mad that people call him a "preppy".

Either way, my unsolicited advice for you is simple: quit dressing like a ***.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Welcome to my world folks.

Quote:
My style: elegant/classy urban.

What a name. Did you come up with that yourself?

Last edited by RidonKs : 09-01-2007 at 12:54 AM.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #20
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

Welcome to my world folks.

True this. I refuse to buy my clothes unless it's at least 40% marked down.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #21
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Ask yourself a similar question. Ask yourself the following question.

Why did I post in this topic, if it didn't like it?

Because I thought this was actually gunna make some good discussions and all I read is you b*tching. If I didn't know any better, I think you are a prep.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #22
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
True this. I refuse to buy my clothes unless it's at least 40% marked down.

Hell yea. Marshells, Ross, TJ Max, the thrift store, the good will(You can actually find some cool sh*t in some of those stores.... I found a sick corona extra t-shirt from marshells that I got for under 10 dollars) and if you really want to get fancy, wall-mart, Kmart, Target, etc. I still can't believe that I bought a 20 dollar shirt from Tilly's. I like the cloths there but sh*t's expensive there.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:24 AM   #23
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Hell yea. Marshells, Ross, TJ Max, the thrift store, the good will(You can actually find some cool sh*t in some of those stores.... I found a sick corona extra t-shirt from marshells that I got for under 10 dollars) and if you really want to get fancy, wall-mart, Kmart, Target, etc. I still can't believe that I bought a 20 dollar shirt from Tilly's. I like the cloths there but sh*t's expensive there.

Outlet stores are pretty good too. There's a place around here called "Stupid Prices". I would go there every once in awhile and load up on energy bars (4 for $1) and buy a couple pairs of pants and a shirt or something. They would always have really awesome Docker dark work slacks. I think they ended up costing me something around $10-15 a piece. Not too shabby when you consider they originally were anywhere from $35-50. I got a few nice black button-up collared shirts for dirt cheap, too. Name brand stuff.

I always check the mark down section of stores. One time after Christmas, I went into GAP and they had a ton of nice dark colored slacks for like, $7 each. Unfortunately there was only 1 pair in my size, because I was going to buy like 4-5 pairs if I could. (My work pants tend to wear out pretty quickly from being washed daily.)

I hate paying full price.

Hell, while we're at it, I suggest everyone subscribe to the blog at www.thesimpledollar.com .. lots of simple advice to save your ass some money. Quit spending like an NBA player and spend like Warren Buffet (only buy **** you need and always look for a great deal)!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #24
clipps
Good college starter

I remember when I first moved back to California, my friends there wanted me to enjoy my first paycheck because I didn't have to worry about bills till another month. We were at a mall and it would be a long ass process because I have a huge problem with spending a sh*t load of money on a t shirt. I ended up going to tilly's and bought a sick black tapout shirt and that sh*t cost me 20 bucks. That was the most I spent on a single shirt in the last 3 or 4 years.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:06 AM   #25
SuperboyXXOO19
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SuperboyXXOO19 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
So beachwear is preppy? Does anybody stop and think that the whole big brand name is just a fashion trend? Hollister, AE, A&F, and Aeropostale is open to anybody to buy their clothes.

Real preppies attend private schools and wear the clothes. People who are not preppies and buy the big brand names..aren't even a preppy at all.

Preppies can buy Hollister, AE, A&F, and Aeropostale...but don't mistaken other people who buy those names I mentioned, but aren't rich.

Remember, preppies are rich and can attend a public school or preppy school.

Stop defending your shitty clothing you preppy twat.

Your clothes suck.
SuperboyXXOO19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:27 AM   #26
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXXOO19
Stop defending your shitty clothing you preppy twat.

Your clothes suck.

STFU! That South Pole sh!t can go straight to hell, along with the other clothes that are not good looking.

Athletic and big brand names forever.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:29 AM   #27
clipps
Good college starter

Dude. You have issues. You need to go see a doctor or something.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #28
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Dude. You have issues. You need to go see a doctor or something.

For what? Because I am being called a preppy every 5 minutes? That South Pole clothing company can go straight to hell, is what I meant.

I don't have a problem with people not calling me a preppy. but people calling me a preppy every 5 minutes just makes me want to beat their ass up.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:39 AM   #29
SuperboyXXOO19
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SuperboyXXOO19 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
For what? Because I am being called a preppy every 5 minutes? That South Pole clothing company can go straight to hell, is what I meant.

I don't have a problem with people not calling me a preppy. but people calling me a preppy every 5 minutes just makes me want to beat their ass up.

Pretty tough for a preppy.

What are u gonna do, untie that Abercrombie sweater from around your neck and whip my butt with it? I'm shivering in fear....
SuperboyXXOO19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:17 AM   #30
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:

You're so preppy
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: