Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #1201
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default Re: Thread to Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I'm reading through this thread, and thank GOD I don't substitute teach anymore. There can't be a worse job out there.

I still think you'll be on the Price is Right on day. I just have that type of feeling, you know, when someone deserves something that seems will never happen, but when they least expect it, shit happens for them?

Yeah, I see you on that stage at some point; just sucks it has to be with Drew, and not the King.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #1202
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I still think you'll be on the Price is Right on day. I just have that type of feeling, you know, when someone deserves something that seems will never happen, but when they least expect it, shit happens for them?

Yeah, I see you on that stage at some point; just sucks it has to be with Drew, and not the King.

I have distanced myself from the show in recent years. Sometimes if I'm sick and at home, I'll watch, but it's turned into cringeworthy television, IMO.

With that said, I wouldn't turn down a chance to attend another taping. The show sometimes goes to random cities to "recruit" contestants. About 3 years ago, I went to a tryout in Pittsburgh, PA. They said they would call the people who they chose, so for several weeks straight, anytime I phone rang, i was hoping to see an LA area code on the caller ID. No dice.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #1203
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I have distanced myself from the show in recent years. Sometimes if I'm sick and at home, I'll watch, but it's turned into cringeworthy television, IMO.

With that said, I wouldn't turn down a chance to attend another taping. The show sometimes goes to random cities to "recruit" contestants. About 3 years ago, I went to a tryout in Pittsburgh, PA. They said they would call the people who they chose, so for several weeks straight, anytime I phone rang, i was hoping to see an LA area code on the caller ID. No dice.

Haha. All good mang. Like I said, when you don't even expect something to happen, it'll happen for you. Whether it be Price is Right, finding the right woman (I know you had some bad luck in the past you talked about - in this very thread I think even? - with the ladies; and hey man, we've all been there), or FINALLY landing a teaching career that you rightfully deserve.

The country needs high grade quality teachers for your future's youth, but I know the frustrations you go through. My ex was a teacher at an inner-city school (high school!) and while she put up with it and completed two years with it, she finally broke down and decided to go for her MD instead.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #1204
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Haha. All good mang. Like I said, when you don't even expect something to happen, it'll happen for you. Whether it be Price is Right, finding the right woman (I know you had some bad luck in the past you talked about - in this very thread I think even? - with the ladies; and hey man, we've all been there), or FINALLY landing a teaching career that you rightfully deserve.

The country needs high grade quality teachers for your future's youth, but I know the frustrations you go through. My ex was a teacher at an inner-city school (high school!) and while she put up with it and completed two years with it, she finally broke down and decided to go for her MD instead.

I have a great girl in my life right now, and a good job with the school district here teaching PE. Decided that the classroom wasn't something I was totally cut out for.

Been living in St. Petersburg, FL for about a year and a half now. Got the beach, good nightlife, and pro sports within 10-15 minutes of me. What's not to like? It's just interesting to read back through this thread and see the issues I was facing at various points. This board has been around for 7 years, and for most of us, we have lived a lot of life since then. It's like a time capsule of sorts (don't know if that's the word I'm looking for)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #1205
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #1206
blablabla

poor mans bet
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #1207