Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 09-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Tyson Chandler at the 5?

This is purely wishful thinking, but after watching his transition into a solid defender/boarder/blocker in NO I think he would be a great addition to the current starting 4. He would provide many of the same skill sets of BWallace, but at a much younger age and with greater height (IMO he can be better than wallace). Always liked him at Chicago, always played hard.

Anyways, what would it take to get him (trying to keep the starting 4 intact)

Could we move Flip, Nazr, and Dupree for him? Works on the trade machine. Im not sure why NO would necessarily take it, but hey wishful thinking right.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tyson Chandler at the 5?

I think he would be better in the C position than Chris Webber. Mainly because he is more defensive minded and would probably help us on the boards more. I would doubt he would be traded for that type of package though.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
This is purely wishful thinking, but after watching his transition into a solid defender/boarder/blocker in NO I think he would be a great addition to the current starting 4. He would provide many of the same skill sets of BWallace, but at a much younger age and with greater height (IMO he can be better than wallace). Always liked him at Chicago, always played hard.

Anyways, what would it take to get him (trying to keep the starting 4 intact)

Could we move Flip, Nazr, and Dupree for him? Works on the trade machine. Im not sure why NO would necessarily take it, but hey wishful thinking right.

No. New Orleans values him a lot more than that. Amir Johnson should be the starting PF and Sheed should move to center.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Why not start Maxiell? He's proven to be an energy guy, but that usually dooms guys to the bench. His game is more solid and polished, and I personally think Amir is another year from starting. He has more to prove against NBA talent at this point.

We have no real center on the team. Rasheed isn't, Amir isn't, Maxiell sure as heck isn't, McDyess isn't. Dale Davis hasn't resigned, Webber hasn't resigned. I don't think Samb is anywhere near ready to play even spot minutes. Detroit has no center.

I expect Joe D. has a veteran big body standing by ready to sign before camp if no more deals go through. Probably Webber first choice, Davis second choice. We used to be stocked with centers, and now we don't have any. You know, Shaq doesn't foul himself... :)
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Oh, and as for Tyson Chandler, it'd take a bunch to pull him New Orleans. Probably Tayshaun or Rip and a first round pick. They're that high on him and he's worth it.

I wonder what the market is for Brendan Haywood or Etan Thomas. Either would fill the void the Pistons currently have, and probably be much cheaper. Maxiell for Haywood?

Dang, through all of this I forgot about Nazr. Haywood's not an upgrade, so scrap it.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would take etan thomas. He makes too much (I think around 8?), but he always seems to be a smart defender and a solid rebounder/blocker. I am not sure if id be willing to give up Max for him though. Maybe Nazr.

I want no part of haywood. as you said hes not much of an upgrade (if at all) over Nazr.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:06 AM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Too bad the Pistons didn't just do a straight up Sign and Trade with the Bulls for Ben Wallace instead of involving the Hornets, PJ Brown, etc....

He'd be a great complement to Sheed, and with Prince they'd have the nastiest front court in the league.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Ben Wallace was an unrestricted free agent. He was able to sign anywhere he wanted, and Chicago offered the most money. PJ Brown and the Hornets had nothing to do with that...
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Aint no way that TChan is getting traded... hes really blossoming in N.O.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: