Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #31
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Luis Scola named tourney MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I know that, but I still think he was trying to lump up his stats in order to leave on a good note, sorta speak.

No that is just the way Scola is, very competitive. And I am sure he wanted to get a good take on how he compares against NBA players to increase his confidence for next year.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #32
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Luis Scola named tournament MVP

It should have been Melo.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #33
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Luis Scola named tourney MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I know that, but I still think he was trying to lump up his stats in order to leave on a good note, sorta speak.
that's a horrible post... did team USA "lump" their stats too by winning every game in a blowout? or were they just trying to leave on a good note?... face it they were all playing ball till the end, just because your losing doesn't mean you have to roll over and play dead...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:32 AM   #34
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
It should have been Melo.

If Melo never played a game, USA would still have the gold. People are not understanding want MVP means, keyword is valuable. There are a whole bunch of players on the US squad that are better than Scola but none are as valuable to their team as he is.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:01 AM   #35
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
wow, somebody rigged the MVP Voting

Bron is the best player in the tournament

MVP not BP.

BTW Melo was better than Bron
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:08 AM   #36
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
If Melo never played a game, USA would still have the gold. People are not understanding want MVP means, keyword is valuable. There are a whole bunch of players on the US squad that are better than Scola but none are as valuable to their team as he is.

that almost punishes the US players for having a good team. i guess valuable to them means "the player who is by far the best player on his team." but whatever...not that big of a deal. i just dont understand that logic. but im glad the US won the tourney. thats all that matters.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:10 AM   #37
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melo was Tournament MVP in my opinion.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #38
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
that almost punishes the US players for having a good team. i guess valuable to them means "the player who is by far the best player on his team." but whatever...not that big of a deal. i just dont understand that logic. but im glad the US won the tourney. thats all that matters.

Luis Scola carried a 2nd unit team to the Finals. It's not really hard to understand. The US has so many good players it's hard to pick one clear favorite, and honestly like you said, they are just too damn good to have one MVP in that team.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:17 AM   #39
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

When do they announce the all-tournament teams?
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:44 AM   #40
Comedy Central
Kids at the park dunk on me

Comedy Central has an OK reputation so far

what numbers did scola average?
Comedy Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:01 AM   #41
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
Is everyone working to help the Rockets behind the scenes or is it just me?

Lol....
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:23 AM   #42
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Scola is awesome. Poor man's Boozer.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:17 AM   #43
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This sort of reminds me of the MVP voting for the year when Stoudemire was out of the Suns and the Pistons were owning everybody else, they were just so balanced that it was impossible to give the MVP to one of them, so most of the voters turned their attention to the teams that's depleted but still was a Western powerhouse.

Congrats to Luis Scola and I hope he does well!
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:28 AM   #44
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

It's hard to give MVP trophy to players that averages a maximum of 22 minutes.

But, be glad...the MVP trophy would change team chemistry.
Team basketball is the only way to win gold in Peking!

Scola averaged 29 mpg, 19.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg, 0.4 spg, 0.3 bpg. He shot 55.7% from the field and 72.1% from the line.
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote