Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default How Many WIns?

How many wins do you think the Knicks will have this year? The last few years, they have had very high expectations due to major changes prior to the season starting. Last year, it was Isiah Thomas becoming coach, the year before, it was the acquisition of Curry and the hiring of Brown, and the season before that, etc. This year, it's Zach Randolph.

The East has definately become stronger this offseason, but I think the Knicks can definately compete if Isiah Thomas can get them to gel. That being said, I don't think he can. I think that Marbs will be fine without shooting, but Curry won't. I've read somewhere that Curry's camp believes that it's Zeke's job to make this Randolph/Curry thing work out, not Curry's. Curry will probably have a few issues with Zeke midseason, and I personally believe Zeke would favor Randolph over Curry simply because he's better and has balls.

If we get Ron Artest, we are going to have a serious ego problem. Our defense would get better, but I don't think Ron Artest will be too cool with the idea of feeding the ball to the frontcourt nearly every play. Another problem there.

All in all, if we don't make the trade for Ron Artest, I think the Knicks will have a record of 43-39.

If they do trade for Ron Artest, the record becomes 46-36...not a major change.

How do you guys feel they will do?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How Many WIns?

If I were to use your highest possible win total, 46 wins might get the eigth seed.

The East has gotten much better.

The Knicks have no problem playing .500 ball.

Its games that were down to the last few seconds are the ones the Knicks nee to learn how to win.

Otherwise back to the lottery they go again.

IMHO, 45-37 is my prediction. No playoffs with that though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
If I were to use your highest possible win total, 46 wins might get the eigth seed.

The East has gotten much better.

The Knicks have no problem playing .500 ball.

Its games that were down to the last few seconds are the ones the Knicks nee to learn how to win.

Otherwise back to the lottery they go again.

IMHO, 45-37 is my prediction. No playoffs with that though.

ure crazy if u dont think 45 wins gets u in the playoffs
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
I think the Knicks will have a record of 43-39.

ill buy that
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

Low to mid 40's. My guess would be 42/43 wins.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
Anthony Mason
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Anthony Mason has an OK reputation so far

put me down for a 42 up to 46 win season. I dont see 50 wins on the horizon just yet. team chemistry and some young guys will make this an uphill climb, but progress will be made.

theres a lot of talk about the east getting better, and its all warranted. however, every season there is usually some injury problems that hinders a teams record/playoff chances, and another will struggle with team chemistry(unfortunately that could be NY)...maybe it will be boston instead.

I wont say the Knicks are a lock, but id say they have a fairly good chance to at least get in with a 6 to 8 seed.
Anthony Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

Pistons
Celtics
Cavs
Bulls

are the only teams guaranteed a playoff spot in the east...i think the knicks can compete with the rest of the east
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i believe as curry goes the knicks goes. the last 2 year the better he played the better the whole team played. i believe that curry is goin to have a monster season. i say we win 45-50 games. i dont think some teams are goin to be as good as people are saying. i dont think the pistons, the bulls, the raptors, heat, cavs are goin to be as good as last year. i think if the knicks play as good as they can possibly play consistently for 82 games, i think they can seriously win the east. i cant wait for the season to start.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

In the East, I think 1 team will get above 55 wins (Celtics). Everyone else will be fighting for a playoff spot. And that means that the season will go down to the wire. In April, teams won't be taking off the rest of the season. Playing good one week could get you from out of the playoffs to the 5th seed. Every single team will be good.

With that said we'll get 43 wins and the 7th seed.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:37 AM   #10
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Wow i can ramble for a solid two pages on this so ill try to shorten it.

Matters what moves(trades) will we make

Matters what rotation Zeke throws on the floor, I feel our young players are flat out better then our veterans, Mardy,Lee,Balkman>Marbury,Crawford,Jeffries.

Can Curry and Randolph Co Exist? I dont think so but u guys all do. I think this will end up being Randolphs team cuz he is just so skilled and he actually has balls Curry is jus a big softy but is trully the most gifted big ive seen in some time.

who will start with Marbury and Q? If Jamal starts we will be in the lottery in no time. Off the bench with limited minutes we can have a much better unit out there.

If we get Artest who will we give up? I say give up guys in our rotation to shorten the roster, Jerome James and expirings for him wont help us. We will have the same problems now. Just trade rotation guys so the RIGHT players play in the RIGHT spots to make the best TEAM not the best player. If the cavs kept Darius Miles and Ricky Davis, Lebron's growth would be hindered, a decrease in talent can help us so the RIGHT PLAYERS PLAY.

The best 5 shouldnt start, the best group of 5 to play as 1 should.

i say 39 wins with the team right now. too many questions not enuff answers.
Hopefully Zeke gets fired. Trade Curry,Jamal, and Marbury. Put REAL basketball minds together and change the mindstate of the team.OK OK OK IM JOKING but to degree that might be the best thing for us. 39-42 wins and miss the playoffs. I HOPE IM WRONG.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:09 AM   #11
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

41 to 46.

The two keys to the Knicks season will be: how they manage the first two months of the season and how they fare against Toronto and Washington.

In November and December roughly half the Knicks games will be against teams that many consider sure-fire playoff teams. Another five games or so versus teams considered highly likely playoff teams.

If the Knicks can keep their heads above water (.500 or better) during that stretch they are in a good spot to earn a playoff spot.

To earn that playoff spot the Knicks best bet would be control their destiny when it comes to Toronto and Washington. Both of those teams over-achieved last season. Neither will be able to duplicate their success from a season ago.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far

SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #14
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

If the Knicks win only 30 i won't be suprised but if they win 60 i won't be suprised either.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
If the Knicks win only 30 i won't be suprised but if they win 60 i won't be suprised either.

Wow, my man. If they won 60 I would be surprised.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: