Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 09-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Default Concordia upsets Illinois and Carleton beats Alabama in Cross Border Collegiate Hoops

http://www.universitysport.ca/e/stor...il.cfm?id=8979

http://www.universitysport.ca/e/stor...il.cfm?id=8981

big wins for the Canadian schools
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: Concordia upsets Illinois and Carleton beats Alabama in Cross Border Collegiate H

Illlinois was on a back to back to back and during their off-time traveling to each different school. With 7 new players this year and a very difficult system, can't expect them to win all of them. Concordia barely won on a team that was clearly tired and lethargic. I don't put much into it. The Buckley brothers played great, I'll give them credit, but I don't think it means as much. We already beat Carleton, the 5 time defending champs, and Ottawa in the previous days. Concordia was just ready from the get-go and Illinois was tired.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Concordia upsets Illinois and Carleton beats Alabama in Cross Border Collegiate H

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Illlinois was on a back to back to back and during their off-time traveling to each different school. With 7 new players this year and a very difficult system, can't expect them to win all of them. Concordia barely won on a team that was clearly tired and lethargic. I don't put much into it. The Buckley brothers played great, I'll give them credit, but I don't think it means as much. We already beat Carleton, the 5 time defending champs, and Ottawa in the previous days. Concordia was just ready from the get-go and Illinois was tired.

yeah, all the teams are playing back to back, but it is interesting considering none of the teams involved have begun practicing yet. Any wins for CIS teams over NCAA teams are big, especially majors.
That Carleton game went to OT as well.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

We just beat McGill in double OT 107-103
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

McGill = gay.

A bunch of anglophones thinking it's cool to go to school in Montreal because it's different and the drinking age is 18. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Thank you for that rant. It was necessary. I should go on my similar rant about how much I hate Michigan.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Thank you for that rant. It was necessary. I should go on my similar rant about how much I hate Michigan.

He's from Toronto, or probably just some southern Ontario hickville riding Toronto's nuts. Nonetheless, they all hate the fact Montreal is a much cooler city. T-Zero just doesn't stack up.

but yeah, your view of McGill isn't that far off.

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 09-04-2007 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
He's from Toronto, or probably just some southern Ontario hickville riding Toronto's nuts. Nonetheless, they all hate the fact Montreal is a much cooler city. T-Zero just doesn't stack up.

but yeah, your view of McGill isn't that far off.

Ummm....Southern Ontario has a higher pop. density than 99% of America....there are hick towns everywhere.

I honest to God don't like Montreal as much as Toronto (I've never actually lived in Toronto proper so I'm not really biased). Montreal is nice though.

At least we can agree on McGill.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: