Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #16
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: For those who said Lebron should not be on TEAM USA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
How does BULLS get the "troll" moniker, and Poseidon doesn't?

Life's little mysteries...............
I like how Bulls deleted his post, so not to offend his buddy.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #17
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

I'd like to see LeBron score 31 points against Team Argentina when they actually have their top players like Manu, Oberto, Nocioni and Herrmann playing for them. When you're playing bad teams like the ones Team USA faced at the FIBA Americas, anyone can score big if they want to. We'll see who steps up when the real competition begins.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #18
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Thank God this crap-fest is now over. Now let's see Melo and LeBronze play like this against NBA competition.

lets see if LEBRON can lead his team to another finals appearance.

and lets see if KOBE can get out of the first round.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #19
Lebron_23

Lebron is a beast. I can't believe you don't pick him to be in Team USA because he has played better than Kobe and was a big part in the tournament. Did you see him in FIBA? He is my MVP Pick and will win his 1st Gold Medal In Beijing Olympics in 2008.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #20
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

SpLiTViZiOnZ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
LeBron just got lucky with his jumper this tournament. Not gonna happen again.

You should be banned for saying something that consistently happened for an entire tournament was "luck".
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bail
So what can you say now? Lebron just proved you wrong so STFU!
If you're going to make a topic, can't you come up with something a little more constructive or discussion-inducing than an "I told you so" post?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #22
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

What are the privileges of being a mod? Can you do everything Jeff does?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #23
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
I'd like to see LeBron score 31 points against Team Argentina when they actually have their top players like Manu, Oberto, Nocioni and Herrmann playing for them. When you're playing bad teams like the ones Team USA faced at the FIBA Americas, anyone can score big if they want to. We'll see who steps up when the real competition begins.

i hope you're not the same person who said argentina is gonna crush USA when the tournament started.

-BEFORE the tournament you guys sound like this-
>USA won't have a chance on argentina.
>"LEBRONZE" wont make make an impact and blah blah

-AFTER the tournament-
(USA blows out ARGENTINA and LEBRON scores 31)

> oh c'mon.....manu, oberto, and their other top players were not on the team.

excuses excuses excuses. fcuk 'em.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Same idiots who will now say DWade doesn't belong on the team.

These are just peopel with agendas, who don't know anything about basketball.
I don't have an agenda, and I know quite a bit about basketball, and I'm not altogether sure exactly why we'd want D Wade on the team. His lack of range is a huge problem. We've already got athletes, finishers, creators to spare. There's nothing D Wade brings we haven't already got and he cannot shoot. What if he and JKidd are on the floor at the same time? How will we score?

Wade's a guy who needs the ball in his hands... let's be honest. Even moreso than Kobe. He NEEDS it to have any impact at all (at least offensively).

Wade's a top 5-6 player in the NBA but the international game is not good for him.

The people who said Lebron shouldn't be on the team are morons, that's all there is to it. It's not like having D Wade would make this team worse. He just wouldn't make us better, there would be no reason whatsoever to play him, and we'd have to be conscious of never having him and Kidd on the floor at the same time, or him and Chandler and Howard, because the lane would be clogged and nobody would be able to shoot. So his only impact would be one of complication.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #25
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
What are the privileges of being a mod? Can you do everything Jeff does?
Not everything, no.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #26
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I don't have an agenda, and I know quite a bit about basketball, and I'm not altogether sure exactly why we'd want D Wade on the team. His lack of range is a huge problem. We've already got athletes, finishers, creators to spare. There's nothing D Wade brings we haven't already got and he cannot shoot. What if he and JKidd are on the floor at the same time? How will we score?

Wade's a guy who needs the ball in his hands... let's be honest. Even moreso than Kobe. He NEEDS it to have any impact at all (at least offensively).

Wade's a top 5-6 player in the NBA but the international game is not good for him.

The people who said Lebron shouldn't be on the team are morons, that's all there is to it. It's not like having D Wade would make this team worse. He just wouldn't make us better, there would be no reason whatsoever to play him, and we'd have to be conscious of never having him and Kidd on the floor at the same time, or him and Chandler and Howard, because the lane would be clogged and nobody would be able to shoot. So his only impact would be one of complication.

I believe that the knock against Wade's shooting is exaggerated. I watch plenty of Heat games and Wade has developed a solid jumper. Not spectacular but good enough not to continue to be used against him. It's the same as the Bron defense knock. People get lazy and don't bother to check a player's improvement when they've been labeled as something. I don't get how people missed what he did against the Pistons last year, and then in the FINALS against Dallas. He shot jumper after jumper (along with his penetration) in some of the most pressure filled moments possible. Further, to not believe that by next summer, he will have improved even MORE after another season in the NBA is just short sighted, IMO. To also assume that a player of his calibre won't have learned more about how to play FIBA ball in a future tournament is also wrong, IMO. These same knocks were being used against Bron, by the way. Can't shoot, needs the ball too much, etc.

Might as well say Kobe doesn't belong either. We have scoring, penetration, etc. and can pick up a Shane Battier type to play tough defense on the other team's best player. We can nitpick about the flaws in every player on the team and how if one player was gone, Team USA could still carry on however my view is that you don't jettison a player of Wade's magnitude, period.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #27
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Who said that?
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: