Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-17-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Official AI Trade scenario thread

Hopefully Mod will decide to sticky this for a while. They should all be merged and updated on here. Lot's of new threads of this topic daily.

Personally I think he's staying. Sixer for life!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
the even bigger black guy
High School Varsity 6th Man

AI for some taco bell
the even bigger black guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:40 AM   #3
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

First A.I. is great, but no matter how hard he trys, his playing style isn't a winning style.

This year he had an above average supporting cast and he couldn't even get them in the playoffs. How sad.

Outside of one year, perhaps the weakest year in NBA history, A.I. has led his team to mediocrity.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:52 AM   #4
marykate&ashlee
Banned

i dont think igudala is getting traded.

but iverson is wanting to he ced.

i think he is goin to charlote they nedd a scoring
marykate&ashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:01 AM   #5
artificial
:-P

Quote:
First A.I. is great, but no matter how hard he trys, his playing style isn't a winning style.

This year he had an above average supporting cast and he couldn't even get them in the playoffs. How sad.

Outside of one year, perhaps the weakest year in NBA history, A.I. has led his team to mediocrity.
... so what? this thread isn't about iverson himself, but about the trade scenarios that have come up.

i hope that iverson stays a sixer, and if not i just hope that philly doesn't trades him for a bunch of scrubs. most of the trades that have been proposed here (on the board) sound quite fair, but im afraid that if a trade actually takes place, it wont be as reasonable.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
... so what? this thread isn't about iverson himself, but about the trade scenarios that have come up.

i hope that iverson stays a sixer, and if not i just hope that philly doesn't trades him for a bunch of scrubs. most of the trades that have been proposed here (on the board) sound quite fair, but im afraid that if a trade actually takes place, it wont be as reasonable.

I guess what I'm saying is that trading him is going to be hard. Somebody would be foolish to mortage their future for him at his age with a proven lack of winning. The 76ers waited too long to surround him with a supporting cast and will not get anywhere near fair value back for him.

The major question for the 76ers, before they trade him for anyone is, whether or not they are willing to take a fan and PR hit to start a rebuilding process. Because that's what they'll be doing if they trade A.I.

I see all scenarios as unlikely. He's a 76er until his current contract runs out. Their management blew their opportunity to win with a truly great player or get some equal or better return value.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykate&ashlee

He was never quoted on wanting to be traded. He did say he wants the best situation for Himself, The Sixers Franchise, and his family.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

A couple of hints I picked up this weekend....

*Billy King says there wont be an Iverson trade to Boston unless it involves Paul Pierce.... Guess he is still p*ssed that Ainge f*cked up his chances at getting Foye.

Quote:
Q: Why is there more smoke than ever about trading Iverson?

A: Because I think we've listened more. We're in a situation where we don't make the playoffs, so where are we going and what are we going to do? And people are more apt to talk about it. ... Other teams call. There's a lot of interest in him. It's got to be interest that makes sense for us. It's a major decision and it's one that we're not going to do just to be doing. I think people have it that it's done. No decision has been made. I explained exactly where we're coming from to Allen and (agent) Leon Rose.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...06-683185.html

He says some other interesting things in the article.

SAS who knows Allen pretty well keeps saying wants to leave. I dont know if this is true, because SAS sometimes puts his own spin on situations for different reasons...

Im like AI, If a trade is going to happen, I wish it would hurry and happen and if its not going to happen, then lets hear that news from King
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

I really do not think he will be traded nor do i want him to be traded. I think if he stays he is going to have an excellent career year next year to lead his team to the playoffs and prove the doubters wrong.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

Quote:

Your grammar is so attrocious that we are all now dumber for reading it. I just wish they would go ahead and trade him already. This is what? the 3rd or 4th year of heavy off season trade speculation. I love the guy but for gods sake just get rid of the poor guy and get some young talent in the process.
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #11
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

I really want to see Ai in a hawks jersey. In my opinion, it's a perfect fit. He could be their main scoring option makin jj the 2nd option like he's supposed to be. You'd get the suns version of jj combined with the new version of jj. With jj's court vision and passing skills, a pure pg is not neccesarily needed. ai is a leader and has the knowlege to pass down on this young team. He has finals experience, he's got heart, all of which the hawks need. With Ai on board, they have more time to groom marvin into a scorer. I just hope it doesn't cost josh smith. but then again, josh smith with iggy sounds pretty nasty itself.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #12
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch mcrae
I really want to see Ai in a hawks jersey. In my opinion, it's a perfect fit. He could be their main scoring option makin jj the 2nd option like he's supposed to be. You'd get the suns version of jj combined with the new version of jj. With jj's court vision and passing skills, a pure pg is not neccesarily needed. ai is a leader and has the knowlege to pass down on this young team. He has finals experience, he's got heart, all of which the hawks need. With Ai on board, they have more time to groom marvin into a scorer. I just hope it doesn't cost josh smith. but then again, josh smith with iggy sounds pretty nasty itself.

What makes you think JJ wouldn't be part of that trade?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:42 AM   #13
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:

Somebody's trying to frame me. 1 guess...... starting with G.......
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #14
hateraid
Is it in you?

Bump. Just want to keep this one going guys. Sorry, saw their was a new update, but I'd think AI fans would benefit from a merged post the most.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

The best one for the Sixers is this:

Denver gets

AI
Steven Hunter

Philadelphia gets

Marcus Camby
Andre Miller
Ed Najera
No. 1 pick (lottery protected

The Najera-Hunter deal is to get rid of Hunter's contract, plus the Sixers get a reserve wing defender.

That's the best deal that is available.

Or if Philadelphia wants to clear salary cap space, do this:

Memphis gets

AI
Steven Hunter
Kevin Ollie

Philadelphia gets

Eddie Jones
Jake Tsakilidas
Hakim Warrick
Damon Stoudamire
2 no. 1 picks (one lottery protected, one not)

The Sixers get salary cap relief, two expires (Eddie and Jake), a prospect in Hakim, plus 2 no. 1 picks, plus a point guard with a decent contract (Damon).

Memphis gets a no. 1 scorer to help out Pau, a backup center and point guard.

DO IT BILLY KING!!
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: