Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 07-18-2006, 10:39 PM   #16
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
This is a joke right? The Clippers are loaded. You think getting some overrated bum is going to get you a winning season. The Clippers have Livingston, Brand, and Magettee. Name one person besides Kobe on the Lakers who can compare with any of them. CLippers are going to be a tough team next year, and the Lakers will drop out of playoff contention.
Lamar Odom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Name two players on the clippers better than Kobe And Odom. Our coach wins Championships your coach sruggles to keep his job year after year. Last year Clippers 2 more wins with all that talent. Nuff said.......... Ps Tim thomas wont be half the player he was last year its called the system in Suns Land! Any questions call Quentin Richardson.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:18 AM   #17
II Peter
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Didn't Rad goto the Lakers because he wanted to play with Kobe? He believes that they will win the title one day....as per his interview. The clippers offered him the same amount of money and yet he chose the Lakers. So you can stop stating that "nobody wants to play with Kobe."

Tim Thomas will be very old at the end of that contract.That pick up will look bad if the TT that was a cancer in Chicago and Milwaukee rears his head.

No, he went to the Fakers, because they promised him he would start and we didn't. You see, when your team is not that good you have marginal players in your starting line-up, i.e., Vlad, Mihm, Kwame, Smush. Have fun being no. 2...again!!
II Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 PM   #18
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Talking

Quote:
The Clippers have Livingston, Brand, and Magettee. Name one person besides Kobe on the Lakers who can compare with any of them. .

as i remember, last year in the last "staples" game lamar shut down EB....
and thanku for adding to my point that last yr was the first yr for almost all the lakers in the triangle, now theyr more accustomed and every1 knows the triangle is unstopable wen played correctly
the zenmaster took a team of kobe and jrhigh players and got them 45 wins [shud of been 53 but alot of close game mistakes, lakers= 1 of most games played that ended in 3 pts or less] now with the learning of the offense and a few minor additions lakers will make the 6th seed +- pending on other teams [hou uta sac] ....and clipps i give u props that this yr it will come down to the wire of who'l have a better record [which u shud with the better team, but to bad we'v got the intangibles the push us over the edge]
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #19
ggnehm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

This is a stupid argument so the Clippers have had a better record then the Lakers the last 2 years. That is what 2 out of 60 all that needs to be said is

LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIPS 14

CLIPPERS 0
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #20
II Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnehm
This is a stupid argument so the Clippers have had a better record then the Lakers the last 2 years. That is what 2 out of 60 all that needs to be said is

LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIPS 14

CLIPPERS 0

Its all about the present and future

(said by someone who doesn't want to look in the past)

CLIPPERS RULE!!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
This is a joke right? The Clippers are loaded. You think getting some overrated bum is going to get you a winning season. The Clippers have Livingston, Brand, and Magettee. Name one person besides Kobe on the Lakers who can compare with any of them. CLippers are going to be a tough team next year, and the Lakers will drop out of playoff contention.

I think this Knicks fan over here wants a piece of the lakers of next year.

Did u forget last year the clipppers had soo many good players and they only finished 2 games above the lakers if Im correct?

this year the lakers added a different piece and many of our developing players will have a lot to say to these clippers and knicks.

We have too many weapons against u guys.

Kwame, Kobe, Odom, Smush, Turiaf, Radman, and even sasha hitting the threes against yall too. We got the experience in this.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #22
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

as a long time Laker fan, I have to admit that the Clips are better...for now. and the primary reason is Sam Cassell...he gives them the swagger and clutch they so despartely needed. Kudos to mgmt for signing him for two more years.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #23
II Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I think this Knicks fan over here wants a piece of the lakers of next year.

Did u forget last year the clipppers had soo many good players and they only finished 2 games above the lakers if Im correct?

this year the lakers added a different piece and many of our developing players will have a lot to say to these clippers and knicks.

We have too many weapons against u guys.

Kwame, Kobe, Odom, Smush, Turiaf, Radman, and even sasha hitting the threes against yall too. We got the experience in this.

If you really think Kwame, Smush, Turiaf, radman, and Sasha are true weapons, I'll go in front of that firing squad with no vest...:confused:
Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #24
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
im sry to say this clipp fans, but that young group of talent the lakers have shal gain on there 45 win season for many reasons: 1) bieng that they have learned the triangle and are more compfortable 2) 3 games which lakers lost b/c the refs kicked hkobe out of the the game for the flagrent 3) NOW WE HAVE VLADRAD!!! [tim thomas will suck on the clipps..good job overpaying for him] 4) we arguable the best coach ever and the future mvp07 kobe bryant
....hope u all enjoyed that 1 year mistake :)
i really dont that...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:39 AM   #25
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

Thumbs up Vlad went to Fakers because

he was guaranteed a starting job which was not happening with the Clippas
with Max around. The offers were the same from both teams. Defacto
GM Dun had a contingency plan which fits the team better anyway in
a player he and Sammy knew..Timmy Thomas

Fakers fan you are living in the past. It is about the present and future and Donald T will have a ring before he sells the team or is buried in Mt Sinai
cemetry in Burbank
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:29 AM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Peter
If you really think Kwame, Smush, Turiaf, radman, and Sasha are true weapons, I'll go in front of that firing squad with no vest...:confused:

Hey, u honestly had to watch EVERY SINGLE second half of the Laker season last season.

These guys all played as a unit and everyone got their points. I think they can all do it again.

And if course theyre all weapons. except for sasha Ill give u that
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #27
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

ofcourse they will. clippers............. nah
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #28
AHRENH
I Hit Open Layups

Default Clippers better than Lakers next year?

Both front offices fell on their butts at forward this year. Tiny Tim Thomas (as he was known in New York) is barely a better rebounder and defender than Radmanovic, and a much worse percentage shooter. Phoenix only signed him because they were desperate after losing Stoudamire- and were not eager to resign him. The Clippers have not gotten better, only older, and should have kept Wilcox. The Lakers will have a better record next year.
AHRENH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:34 PM   #29
qrich
King Heno

Let's see, a team that has only one real consistent player and nothing really or a team that has 3 consistent starts(Cassell, Brand, Maggette) with two players who, when consistent, are extremelly good. Clippers will win 50+ and battle for the Pacific Title and a top 5 Seed while Lakers will be battling for the 7th|8th seed. Let's go position by position on the depth chart, should we?

PG: Cassell|Livingston >>>>> Smush|Williams|Farmar.
Cassell alone dominates the Lakers 3 "PG's" and then you throw in Livingston, enough said.

SG: Mobley|Ewing|Diaz <<<<< Kobe|Wafer
Only real advantage

SF: Ross|Maggette >>> Odom|Walton
Ross will have improved on his J this offseason and Maggette will be healthy, going back into the top 5 of total FT's in the whole season and FT Attempts per game. Odom won't improve much and don't say he finally woke up against Phoenix because Phoenix is just a running team.

PF: Brand|Singleton|Tim Thomas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vlad Rad|Turiaf.
Elton Brand, enough said. Brand will eat up Radmanovic 24|7.

CE: Kaman|Davis|Rebraca|N;Dong >>> Brown|Mihm|Bynum
No need to explain.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #30
II Peter

^^^listen to him he knows of which he speaks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: