Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #61
livlife2k
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
livlife2k has decent reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laker Link
No what he means to say...we'll have a second chance at the L.A. City Rivalry Series next year...but it will be a switch in seed placement and everything....

BRING IT ON CLIPPS...

AND GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR....BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU GUYS....
We know what will happen, we'll finish ahead of you guys-AGAIN!
What would be interesting is to see what would happen to you guys if Kobe or Odom got injured for 50 games, like Maggette did last season.
And we still finished ahead of the Lakers!
Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Where's Shaq when you need him?
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #62
livlife2k
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
livlife2k has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
Yeah, I guess it's a good thing they run the triangle in LakerLand... Cause all VladRad can do is stand around and hit a bucket every once in a while...
By the way, VladRad hits very few jumpers when you run out at him...
just a thought
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:35 AM   #63
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,850
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default

Clipps are overated. Only reason is because for once, they had a winning record. I guess a winning record for the clipps makes them instant contenders huh???
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:00 AM   #64
Shark
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 162
Shark has an OK reputation so far
Default

[quote=hutcht02]Totally disagree. Brown is coming, Mihm a solid big, Bynum a developing talent (dunk over Shaq, 20 pts vs Knicks). Kaman is not bad, your bench sucks (Rebraca old and injured, Davis a modest 2nd rounder, N'dong a question mark).
Kaman is the better player, but for the rotation slight edge LAL.


Wow. If you were here right now id punch you in the nuts for being so stupid. The Clippers have arguably one of the best benches in the league and the Lakers bench is the one that sucks.

You must be retarded, sorry, I didn't noticed.
Obviously, I was referring to bench for centers and, other than Kaman, you've no real playeras reported above.
All other comparison you made are just useless, and some even inaccurate.

Singleton ) Luke Walton

Never ever

Timmy Thomas )Chris Mihm

Never ever, and you're comparing a 3 with a 5 LOL

Zelly ) Ronny Turiaf

Maybe once a year when he's completely healty.

Wow ur right. Lakers def have a better bench u retard. The Clippers have maybe 3 6th man canidates.

This is too good to be true. You leave in your dreams boy, please come back to earth. The only possible candidate is Corey, if he stays healthy and if he's not starting, that would be reasonable.
No other Clipper will be even considered, sure as you're retarded.

So pretty much u have my permission to get the hell out of here Shark cuz u dono what the hell ur talkin about and ur wastin everyones time. Peace out

No need to have any permission from you, thanks.
If you're not interested, you can ignore me, just not make fun of yourself, please, makes me sorry for you.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #65
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Clipps are overated. Only reason is because for once, they had a winning record. I guess a winning record for the clipps makes them instant contenders huh???

Can't you say the same for the post Shaq Lakers?

One winning season(with a first round embarressment) and you Laker fans are talking about a championship contending team?


Hypocrisy anyone?
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #66
livlife2k
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
livlife2k has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Clipps are overated. Only reason is because for once, they had a winning record. I guess a winning record for the clipps makes them instant contenders huh???

Well, if the Clips are overrated, but we've finished ahead of you the past two years, and we've had a better head-to head record over that span, then what does that make the Lakers?

One word-OVERPAID!:
Kobe-$17,700,000
B. Grant-$14,898,000
Odom-$12,300,000
Kwame-$8,287,000
Bynum$2,030,000
McKie-$2,5000,000
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #67
underdogg1
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8
underdogg1 has an OK reputation so far
Default realy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
im sry to say this clipp fans, but that young group of talent the lakers have shal gain on there 45 win season for many reasons: 1) bieng that they have learned the triangle and are more compfortable 2) 3 games which lakers lost b/c the refs kicked hkobe out of the the game for the flagrent 3) NOW WE HAVE VLADRAD!!! [tim thomas will suck on the clipps..good job overpaying for him] 4) we arguable the best coach ever and the future mvp07 kobe bryant
....hope u all enjoyed that 1 year mistake :)
1-The only reason you finished 3 games behind us the no#50, corry missed 50 games. 2-vlad was a bench player fo us and now a starter for you.3-the greatest coach will not even finish the season for you guys-THE GIMP.
underdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #68
underdogg1
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8
underdogg1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Realy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Clipps are overated. Only reason is because for once, they had a winning record. I guess a winning record for the clipps makes them instant contenders huh???
We were picket to finish in 4th place last year and last the year before that, overated? read your facts or respond to only laker forms. 2 years in a row- thats luck 2.
underdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #69
underdogg1
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8
underdogg1 has an OK reputation so far
Default starter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Didn't Rad goto the Lakers because he wanted to play with Kobe? He believes that they will win the title one day....as per his interview. The clippers offered him the same amount of money and yet he chose the Lakers. So you can stop stating that "nobody wants to play with Kobe."

Tim Thomas will be very old at the end of that contract.That pick up will look bad if the TT that was a cancer in Chicago and Milwaukee rears his head.
He left because he could not start for us but you said he could for you. Who would you rather have - now be real- corry or vlad.
underdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #70
underdogg1
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8
underdogg1 has an OK reputation so far
Default the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Clipps are overated. Only reason is because for once, they had a winning record. I guess a winning record for the clipps makes them instant contenders huh???
I guess finishing behind us 2 years in a row makes you loosers.
underdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #71
livlife2k
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
livlife2k has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnehm
This is a stupid argument so the Clippers have had a better record then the Lakers the last 2 years. That is what 2 out of 60 all that needs to be said is

LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIPS 14

CLIPPERS 0

Lakers fans must be a history majors, because you keep bringing up the past.
Lakers have been around since the 50's, the Clipppers since the 70's.

According to your logic, the Celtics are the best team then, cuz they have 16 banners!

We are in the present, not the 50's, the 80's, or the early '00's.
Wake up!
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #72
livlife2k
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
livlife2k has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Didn't Rad goto the Lakers because he wanted to play with Kobe? He believes that they will win the title one day....as per his interview. The clippers offered him the same amount of money and yet he chose the Lakers. So you can stop stating that "nobody wants to play with Kobe."

Tim Thomas will be very old at the end of that contract.That pick up will look bad if the TT that was a cancer in Chicago and Milwaukee rears his head.

You are right, after two years, they finally found one name brand free agent who wanted to play with Kobe. The real story is that Kobe, Magic, Kupchak, and Phil Jackson had to conference call him on the phone and steal him away after he had signed with the Clippers.

The main reason he left was because of more playing time with the Lakers. He did not choose the Lakers first. Also, Kobe contacted Cassell about switching sides too. But Sam refused to be a trader like VladRad.
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #73
livlife2k
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
livlife2k has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
Lamar Odom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Name two players on the clippers better than Kobe And Odom. Our coach wins Championships your coach sruggles to keep his job year after year. Last year Clippers 2 more wins with all that talent. Nuff said.......... Ps Tim thomas wont be half the player he was last year its called the system in Suns Land! Any questions call Quentin Richardson.


Well, Maggette missed 50 games and Livingston 21 games this past season, but we don't whine.
We just play.
Players better than Kobe and Odom:
I like Sam, Elton, Mobley, Maggette, Kaman, Livingston, Ross, Singleton, cause they play TOGETHER as a collective TEAM every nite. They are not a one-man or two-man show like some teams in L.A. that I know...
A coach, like Jackson, will take that anyday...
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #74
livlife2k
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
livlife2k has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
as a long time Laker fan, I have to admit that the Clips are better...for now. and the primary reason is Sam Cassell...he gives them the swagger and clutch they so despartely needed. Kudos to mgmt for signing him for two more years.

I commend you Laker fan for being honest, objective and impartial when it comes to who is better right now. I wish more Laker fans were like you.
Should be a fun rivalry this year. Enjoy!
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #75
ggnehm
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 29
ggnehm has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livlife2k
Lakers fans must be a history majors, because you keep bringing up the past.
Lakers have been around since the 50's, the Clipppers since the 70's.

According to your logic, the Celtics are the best team then, cuz they have 16 banners!

We are in the present, not the 50's, the 80's, or the early '00's.
Wake up!



Didn’t want to get your panties in a bunch just some friendly heckling. All I was saying is Clip fans are getting to cocky over 2 decent seasons and in those 2 seasons the Lakers rebuilt and were already competing in the playoff’s. I just think it is funny for Clippers fans to talk so much sh!t because they had a better record for 2 measly seasons and last year they had a few more wins I think it was like 3-5 .

Oh YA no the Celtics are not the best team. I never said that since the Lakers have there 14 Championships that there the best team even though that can be shown by the fact that they have been to the finals 28 out of 60 times almost 50% 10 more appearances then the Celtics. That is what make them the best franchise.

As for the best team well that goes year to year based on talent and as for this upcoming year NO the Lakers nor the Clips are the best team there both good team’s but no were near the best team. It will be fun to see how the teams records end up.

Last edited by ggnehm : 08-04-2006 at 04:39 PM.
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy