Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will the Knicks make the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
PG- Kidd
SG- Carter
SF- Jefferson
PF- Krstic
C- Magloire

haha wow I totally forgot about magliore.

Well all i can say is Krstic has to get back into it as his injury that he suffered (against the lakeshow ) or else it will hurt NJ.

I still give it to the bulls because they do have so much chemistry as well as better team defense than the nets do. Problem for the bulls though is that they are a jumpshooting team.

They will cool down a lot and miss jumpers and when that happens...Kidd rebounds, dishes, and someone else scores every time.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #17
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

let's see

1 pistons
2 cavs
3 bulls
4 heat
5 celtics

these 5 are a lock for the playoffs unless something really bad happens.

then we have the
raptors
wizards
magic
nets
knicks
bobcats
fighting for the final 3 spots.
I'm a knicks fan and i really doubt we can make it.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #18
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
haha wow I totally forgot about magliore.

Well all i can say is Krstic has to get back into it as his injury that he suffered (against the lakeshow ) or else it will hurt NJ.

I still give it to the bulls because they do have so much chemistry as well as better team defense than the nets do. Problem for the bulls though is that they are a jumpshooting team.

They will cool down a lot and miss jumpers and when that happens...Kidd rebounds, dishes, and someone else scores every time.

I agree about Krstic but he was averaging 16 and 7 in just his 3rd year so he will only get better if he stays healthy. Jefferson's health is a bigger question because he has been injured a few times. You know what you are going to get from Kidd. Carter has been a consistent 26 ppg scorer since coming to New Jersey and he appears more dedicated this year(he started training for the 07'-08' season in May). I believe Magloire was a bad fit in Portland and he will bounce back and average around a double double like he did in 05'-06'. Nachbar has also become a solid 6th man. A big question is the Nets young players who have a lot of talent but who have a history of getting into trouble.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #19
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far

We could of won 38 games instead of 33 if it wasn't for the injury bug late last season, with the new additions, and most importantly the unstoppable duo of Randolph and Curry we will win 43 games and be 7th or 8th seed.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
I agree about Krstic but he was averaging 16 and 7 in just his 3rd year so he will only get better if he stays healthy. Jefferson's health is a bigger question because he has been injured a few times. You know what you are going to get from Kidd. Carter has been a consistent 26 ppg scorer since coming to New Jersey and he appears more dedicated this year(he started training for the 07'-08' season in May). I believe Magloire was a bad fit in Portland and he will bounce back and average around a double double like he did in 05'-06'. Nachbar has also become a solid 6th man. A big question is the Nets young players who have a lot of talent but who have a history of getting into trouble.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the baggage and attitude that Magloire brings to teams.

After being with the hornets, bucks, and blazers....he b!tched about wanting to start and even demanded it at one point.

He can cause problems for NJ.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:29 PM   #21
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Another thing I forgot to mention is the baggage and attitude that Magloire brings to teams.

After being with the hornets, bucks, and blazers....he b!tched about wanting to start and even demanded it at one point.

He can cause problems for NJ.

That is true but I'll take a double double player in the frontcourt and any frontcourt help there is.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #22
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i definitely think the knicks can make the playoffs. i think they would have made it to the playoffs last season if it wasnt for all the injures towards the end of the year. the knicks goes as curry goes. the better curry plays the better the knicks play. he has been working out much earlier in the off-season then any other year he's been in the league. he's doin that because he knows that he is counted on to be at the top of his game, he knows that he is the face of the franchise. curry will have a monster season. i say they win 45-50 games.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #23
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
...is the baggage and attitude that Magloire brings to teams...

This is a profoundly ignorant comment.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #24
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i definitely think the knicks can make the playoffs. i think they would have made it to the playoffs last season if it wasnt for all the injures towards the end of the year. the knicks goes as curry goes. the better curry plays the better the knicks play. he has been working out much earlier in the off-season then any other year he's been in the league. he's doin that because he knows that he is counted on to be at the top of his game, he knows that he is the face of the franchise. curry will have a monster season. i say they win 45-50 games.

Oh my. Forget about some one guy, and think about all the rest of the league.

The season will just have to play out to convince people.... But how Knicks fans seriously think that their team can play 500 ball just amazes me. With THAT avg starting five? with THAT avg bench? And where most everybody else improved?

Top 7 should be:
Chi, Det, NJ, Tor, Bos, Was, Clev

Knicks have to battle Miami, Milw, Orl for that 8th spot. Seriously, how many series are the Knicks going be win against the West? Clearly none against the top 5-6 teams over there, and none against the top 5-6 teams in the east. Any team that can run or play a bit of D is just goig to overwhelm them. A 500 record just does not add up, so no playoffs.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 AM   #25
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
We could of won 38 games instead of 33 if it wasn't for the injury bug late last season, with the new additions, and most importantly the unstoppable duo of Randolph and Curry we will win 43 games and be 7th or 8th seed.

Injuries, shminjuries.

If every one ELSE wasn't injured they would all have won more games too, and the Knicks (randomly but scientifically subtract 5) would have only won 28 games.

Depth is was good teams are all about. Hence NY's upcoming avg year, and Boston's upcoming disappointing year.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:39 AM   #26
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Injuries, shminjuries.

If every one ELSE wasn't injured they would all have won more games too, and the Knicks (randomly but scientifically subtract 5) would have only won 28 games.

Depth is was good teams are all about. Hence NY's upcoming avg year, and Boston's upcoming disappointing year.

Knicks will make playoffs this season.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 AM   #27
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
Knicks will make playoffs this season.

You say that every year. It starts to lose credibility after a while...not that you have any.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #28
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
You say that every year. It starts to lose credibility after a while...not that you have any.

But this time it will happen.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

any team is a contender in the East... besides they have a great line-up and it's just whether they wanna play well... im sure they'll make it given their talent... they literally have 5 all-star caliber players on the team (Marbury, Z-Bo, Curry, Crawford, Lee)...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:34 AM   #30
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
any team is a contender in the East... besides they have a great line-up and it's just whether they wanna play well... im sure they'll make it given their talent... they literally have 5 all-star caliber players on the team (Marbury, Z-Bo, Curry, Crawford, Lee)...
Crawford and Lee aren't All-star players IMO. Crawford is a volume shooter with a pisspoor shot selection and Lee is fast becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. He's a garbageman.

Knicks are a horribly constructed team, Marbury, Randolph and Crawford all love the ball, then you gotta add in guys like Curry and Richardson, there's not enough ball to go around.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: