Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #61
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Will the Knicks make the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
But seriously, the point missed, which one so easily does when not reading through the thread, is one of comparison. Compare 'real' injuries (not late season lottery skips) of teams such as Hornets, Bucks, Celtics, Nets, Miami, even the Raptors... Sheee, I'm starting to think that all Knicks fans not only are blind to anything outside NY, but suffer from illiteracy too. Shame.
:rollingeyes:

Stop grasping at straws. You were wrong about the Knicks injury situation, period.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #62
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Are we including the hung toe nails and my-girl-slapped-me missed games?

But seriously, the point missed, which one so easily does when not reading through the thread, is one of comparison. Compare 'real' injuries (not late season lottery skips) of teams such as Hornets, Bucks, Celtics, Nets, Miami, even the Raptors... Sheee, I'm starting to think that all Knicks fans not only are blind to anything outside NY, but suffer from illiteracy too. Shame.

First of all the Knicks were hit hard ALL season by injuries and suspensions

Marbury
Francis
Crawfrod
Richardson
Jeffries
Lee
Collins
Nate Rob

All missed at least 10 games throughout the season.

And secondly, I posted this earlier but the Knicks have a huge advantage in that they are a balanced team of non-stars when overcoming injuries.

Who is their best player, or who are their best players?

They have no all-stars.

Last season they were hit by a ton of injuries, but yet I don't think they would have done that much better 100% healthy.
This season if someone like Curry goes down, Zach is there to take his place and vice-versa.. it may be a good thing. Every other position/player, other than PG (unless Collins rapidly improves) has equally talented counterparts.

Meanwhile, almost every other team in the East has the potential to lose their entire season should 1 of their key players goes down, let alone the amount of injuries NY (and others) suffered last season. NY chance at the playoffs hinges on other teams underacheiving or being hit by injuries, and considering they are probably one of the 10 teams in the conference, they stand a decent chance of that happening.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #63
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

If the Knicks finish at .500 this season it would be a good accomplishment for them, but I think they'll fall just short of the playoffs because the east as a whole should be better and I have a feeling that this year to make it to the playoffs it will mean actually getting over .500. For the last two years the bottom teams were either 2 games under or at .500. I hope this years team East playoff records are higher than the last few years.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:45 AM   #64
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
How when most of his shots will be open?
He's a career 40% shooter. Do you think he'll magically start shooting 50% because he's on the Suns? He won't. Maybe if stopped jacking up horrible shots, but do you honestly think he'll ever be like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruNbaAnalyst
Crawford is the only viable issue at this point. Richardson is not a ball hog and was actually very effiicient for the little season he had with the knicks if you watched the games because he would actually take the ball inside instead of settling for the threeball.. Curry needs the ball to score and he will get his shots just like last season. Marbury was very passive last season and only took shots when he was forced to.... RAN the offense through CURRY, And RANDOLPH JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE REALIZE ISIAHS PLAN PLZ... randolph replacing frye where frye would recieve the ball wen curry would get doubled or tripled in which frye would shoot( he failed to do that consistently last season) and would never drive becuz he doesnt know how. umm randoph will have plenty shots becuz we ALLL KNOW curry willl get double or tripled many times and zach can actually consistently shoot the jumper AND drive and FINISH!!!! so actually i see a good plan in action.... see past the point..

NOt to mention randoph was never in his career referred to as a selfish player on the court, only problems outside the court... And last season no one else on the team would score till brandon roy picked it up so he was forced to shoot alot more but seasons past never did you hear problems with zach asking for the ball so you can just scratch that
When I mentioned Richardson I didn't mean him being a ball hog or whatever just that he's a good offensive player and they'll need to find a way to fit him in alongside Curry, Randolph, Marbury and Crawford.

As for Curry you have to hope that he's gotten better at passing out of double teams. If he can, then yes, having a front line of Curry and Randolph would be awesome, but if Curry gets doubled and can't get it out to Randolph or someone else then it becomes a whole differnet ballgame. Curry doesn't even average a single assist a game.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #65
poorlilrich
woop woop

The Knicks are a lock for the playoffs if they stay relatively healthy. If Isiah somehow smarten up New York's players, they will be one of the top halfcourt offensive teams in the East. The Knicks also have the luxury of being able to run. As it stands right now, the Knick's offense can play with any team in the league.

People say the Knicks have no leaders in the 4th quarter but there are mistaken. Crawford is clearly the go to guy in important situations, and Randolph isn't too shabby either.

The Knicks will go as far as their individual players' ability to capitalize on single coverage. As of right now the Knicks have players at each positions that are factors on offense. Curry and Randolph are good bets to score if left in single coverage; the problem lies with the consistency of the outside players. Crawford is a volume scorer, for the team to succeed he needs to play smarter ball on offense ... dish it out to the open shooter, dump it down low if the big men are being single covered, reset the offense or pass it to Marbury to set the offense up.

The Knicks also have a deep bench so they can rotate its players around if need be.

Defense is going to be their problem this upcoming season, but didn't Thomas say he wants the Knicks to be the Phoenix Suns of the East? So if the team can outscore their opponents, we will all keep mum about the defense.

I predict 44 wins and a playoff birth for the team.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #66
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Doubtful. I just see them getting destroyed by competent offensive low post players and anyone driving to the rim. The Randolph/Curry is undeniably potent on offense, possibly one of the most formidable in the league, but are slowfooted and uninterested on defense. At the same time, a top-5 rebounder in the league is averaging double figures in rebounds, but will continue to be relegated to the bench. makes sense.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #67
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Not unless a prime Spree and Ewing are coming out of retirement! Having a prime Sparks back would help too.

Starbury still wouldn't pass them the ball though, and E-City would still take the majority of the shots.

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: