Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 01:35 AM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Fantasy Pools: who would you take if you had the #1 pick?

if you had the first pick in a fantasy league, who would you take?? Its mostly Marion, Lebron or KG. Personally I would take Lebron, i would have said KG but i think this year his numbers will drop a bit because of Allen and Pierce
PacerRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

haji_d_robertas has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fantasy Pools: who would you take if you had the #1 pick?

Y'know Jason Richardson might be a good choice this year.
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:58 AM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Depends if you're playing roto or head to head. I'd Grab Marion in Roto but Lebron in H2H... his FT's just kills your team.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #4
D-Fence
Great young streetballer

D-Fence has decent reputation

Isn't there something wrong with a fantasy scheme if Shawn Marion is potentially the most sought after player?

I played in a couple head-to-head fantasy leagues last season and will probably try it again, but roto is absurd. It needs to correspond to reality in some slight way for me.
D-Fence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:11 AM   #5
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fence
Isn't there something wrong with a fantasy scheme if Shawn Marion is potentially the most sought after player?
Well it's roto and Marion does everything so well, I think he was the #1 player last year, even though his numbers were down with a healthy Amare.

Blocks
Steals
3 Pointers
FG %
Ft %

Always healthy

The guy really has no weakness.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #6
D-Fence
Great young streetballer

D-Fence has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Well it's roto and Marion does everything so well, I think he was the #1 player last year, even though his numbers were down with a healthy Amare.

Blocks
Steals
3 Pointers
FG %
Ft %

Always healthy

The guy really has no weakness.

No, I understand all that. I said that, for me, fantasy leagues should have some basis in reality, as in the best players in reality also get you the most fantasy points. Shawn Marion, while a fine player, is certainly not in the discussion as to who the best NBA players are in reality. Thus, roto is too absurd for me.
D-Fence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:40 AM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd say either Marion or Lebron, but probably in the end go with Marion first.

Last year I thought his stats would take a dive since Amare came back, but he was still had the best overall fantasy stats
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 AM   #8
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Shawn Marion, while a fine player, is certainly not in the discussion as to who the best NBA players are in reality. Thus, roto is too absurd for me.

Yeah but the best player never goes first in fantasy basketball. Hasnt since Duncan took the crown from Shaq. Shaq was a legit first pick option because of the position he plays. Duncan is like a 5th+ pick. KG is the only guy who has a case of being in the top 3 in reality and fantasy. I guess Dirk isnt bad in fantasy either.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd obviously take Bron, he racks up stats in every category.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: