Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #31
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Melo vs Dirk

I'd actually take Melo, even if that's considered going against the grain or being 'stupid' ... fact is, I think Melo is the better player not only now, but will be years into the future. His defense is no worse than Dirk's, and yet Melo can do more on the offensive end. He's more physical, has a better body, hits jumper's with same consistency, but what he has that Dirk doesn't ... is that Melo can free himself up with dribble moves. Plus, I just think Dirk is totally weak mentally. It's leaked onto his on-court performance for years. And none more evident than being named League MVP, and coming out in an opening Playoff round against a #8 seed ... and getting tossed around like a little *****, having normally weak defenders completely shut you down. It was pathetic to watch, and this really isn't the only time it's happened. I've seen it many a time with Dirk Nowitzki.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
weak....is that all the great GOBB has?...a damn emoticon?

where is any reply to my post about GS just played really good?...ANYONE?

that's what I thought

Just played real good? Thats ur excuse for Dirk the MVP not being able to take advantage of GSW mini lineup? Not being able to post them up? Oh ok, i follow.

Wasnt aware MVP winners couldnt rise to the occasion, handle adversity, when their teams backs are against the wall carry them to the promise land. All the shyt you type about Dirk and how great he is? Well his greatness took an early vacation that series. I wonder who was wearing Kryptonite? Sjax? Harrington? Baron Davis outplayed and outshined Dirk. Thanks Dallas for waking up Davis. We forgot how good the mofo was. Dirk you got a mismatch...you got Davis in the post take him take him CLANK. Wow, you took a fadeaway stiff jumper Dirk and hit the front of the iron?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #33
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
weak....is that all the great GOBB has?...a damn emoticon?

where is any reply to my post about GS just played really good?...ANYONE?

that's what I thought

haha so wait...the MVP of the league on the 1st seeded 67 win team loses because the other team played well? Thats your excuse for him?

Tell me one MVP that went out like that before. Tell me a leader of a 67 win team that went out like that. And its not like Dirk played his ass off dropping amazing numbers...he was getting manhandled.

I'm not saying the loss is ALL on Dirk...but dont come saying Dirk is a legit MVP, thats no MVP.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #34
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Just played real good? Thats ur excuse for Dirk the MVP not being able to take advantage of GSW mini lineup? Not being able to post them up? Oh ok, i follow.

Wasnt aware MVP winners couldnt rise to the occasion, handle adversity, when their teams backs are against the wall carry them to the promise land. All the shyt you type about Dirk and how great he is? Well his greatness took an early vacation that series. I wonder who was wearing Kryptonite? Sjax? Harrington? Baron Davis outplayed and outshined Dirk. Thanks Dallas for waking up Davis. We forgot how good the mofo was. Dirk you got a mismatch...you got Davis in the post take him take him CLANK. Wow, you took a fadeaway stiff jumper Dirk and hit the front of the iron?
Dirk is an outside shooter...what the fuck does it take to get that through your fuckin head?

Dirk had a bad series....but to say that was the sole reason that Dallas lost is just plain ignorant.....and it shows your lack of basketball knowledge.

Dirk doesn't get any credit for beating up on San Antonio or Pheonix in 06?....that alone puts him ahead of Melo.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #35
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Melo will sucker punch anybody that chose Dirk.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #36
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

It's not the only reason, but it's certainly the biggest issue. How does your best player and "League MVP" completely disappear like someone who was a snitch in Tony Soprano's crew?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #37
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
It's not the only reason, but it's certainly the biggest issue. How does your best player and "League MVP" completely disappear like someone who was a snitch in Tony Soprano's crew?
well apparenty he averaged 20/11

what is that like 4 points below his average and 5 rebounds more than his average?

I never saw his stats in that series until now or gave it any thought but after seeing that how can people call that a choke? You guys act like he averaged 5/2...or he "disappeared like a snitch on the Sopranoes"...
Old 09-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #38
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

what is that like 4 points below his average and 5 rebounds more than his average?

I never saw his stats in that series until now or gave it any thought but after seeing that how can people call that a choke? You guys act like he averaged 5/2...or he "disappeared like a snitch on the Sopranoes"...

he shot 38 % from the field??? couldnt guard a chair and was getting dunked on...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #39
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

The game's biggest players, step it up even more in the Playoffs ... they don't produce less.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #40
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:

On 38% shooting and the fact that he had 9 points in the game that Dallas got eliminated in. Yes he choked get over it. HE CHOKED!!!!
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #41
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas fans f*cking suck, and worse than that, apparently don't understand basketball.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #42
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

The only reason this discussion is brought up is because of Melo's terrific performance in FIBA, but don't forget that Dirk might be the best FIBA player in the world.

Dirk is the better player right now, only time will tell if Carmelo can surpass him.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #43
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah the Warriors played well, were hitting shots, active defensively. But the Mavs (Dirk) should've taken a dominating rebounding and offensive rebounding advantage. And sure Dirk got a lot of extra attention, and it was definately going to effect him. But even in times where there wasn't a bunch of extra coverage, he punished no one in the post. When there was he didn't get to the line as much as he should, and most importantly didn't make plays for his very talented teammates. And the thing is, he just doesn't really have the ability to make plays for others. He's not even comfortable in the post and doesn't get it to the open guy when doubled, and can't do it that well off the dribble.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #44
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Dallas fans f*cking suck, and worse than that, apparently don't understand basketball.
Dude, it was hell living there. They didn't understand **** but football. It only got worse w/ basketball once they started winning. Then they THOUGHT they knew what they were talking about.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #45
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
nice post...way to contribute

how am I supposed to reply to that?...."I fucked your momin the ass"?

like I said before...If you think that Dirk is the sole reason that Dallas lost then it is you that doesn't understand basketball...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: