Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-17-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
HTOWNMIKE
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HTOWNMIKE has an OK reputation so far
Default Our Current Team

Well.......
I Think We Need That Young Guy Who Isnt 7 Feet.... But Is Over 6'7'' For The Powerforward Spot... Dont You Think???? Or Save That For Next Year????

Our Guard Spot Is In A Lot Of Question... Im Glad We Dont Have Mike James.. But We could Have.. Sura, John Lucas Iii, Gayfor Alston (by The Way.. Plays A Lot Better On Nba Live)...luther Head (should Be Making His Shots This Year) Kirk Snyder.... We Need Another Peice... Thats Not Moochie Norris..lol

At Our Forwards... Well ..everyone Knows Ryan Bowen Holds That Spot Down!! Lol

Any Input?????
HTOWNMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
myzt52

myzt52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTOWNMIKE
Well.......
I Think We Need That Young Guy Who Isnt 7 Feet.... But Is Over 6'7'' For The Powerforward Spot...

... Im Glad We Dont Have Mike James..

First of all..we just got Shane Battier and we drafted Steve Novak. That answers your concern over young PFs over 6'7". Even though Shane isn't a pure power forward, in the Rockets system he most likely will be starting at PF and playing it (except when T-mac is out of the game). I am not sure what you have against Mike James. We could really use him, especially because of his 3 point shooting and slashing ability. I am sad we lost him. Kirk Snyder was a good pick up. He is a very under-rated defensive minded slasher type player. We could use someone like him off the bench. As of right now (if Bob Sura retires) Luther Head might start. We will probably sign John Lucas (whose been having an insane summer league season ~24 pts ~8 assists per game). He should relieve us of some guard problems. We really could use one more guard, one that can consistantly hit 3's. But for now, we have done a good job of rebuilding. I really wish we had gotten Keith Bogans but I think Kirk Snyder is a good replacement.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
HTOWNMIKE

HTOWNMIKE has an OK reputation so far
Default What???

Ok.. I Understand We Got Battier.. Who Is Barely Tmac's Size... We Got Novak Who Is More Skinny Than Yao's Rookie Season... Im Just Saying... We Need A Banger... Not Big Guys.. Or Forwards Who Cant Figure Out What Position They Should Stick With... I Mean.. You Sound Like Someone Who Knows The Rockets.. But You Didnt Mention Chuck Hayes??? C'mon.. He Would Be Our Dennis Rodman, If He Progresses.. Then He Would Be The One To Hold The Pf Spot Down.....

Mike James????

Well He Is Str8 Up Trade Bait... And Would Have Put The Rockets In A Tough Spot, Manager Wise In Two Years... Dude Is Str8 Up Trade Bait... Thats All I Have To Say About Him
HTOWNMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
myzt52

myzt52 has an OK reputation so far
Default here ya go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTOWNMIKE
Ok.. I Understand We Got Battier.. Who Is Barely Tmac's Size... We Got Novak Who Is More Skinny Than Yao's Rookie Season... Im Just Saying... We Need A Banger... Not Big Guys.. Or Forwards Who Cant Figure Out What Position They Should Stick With... I Mean.. You Sound Like Someone Who Knows The Rockets.. But You Didnt Mention Chuck Hayes??? C'mon.. He Would Be Our Dennis Rodman, If He Progresses.. Then He Would Be The One To Hold The Pf Spot Down.....

Mike James????

Well He Is Str8 Up Trade Bait... And Would Have Put The Rockets In A Tough Spot, Manager Wise In Two Years... Dude Is Str8 Up Trade Bait... Thats All I Have To Say About Him

Ok..first of all..we were talking about power forwards over 6' 7"...Chuck Hayes is great..but he is only 6' 5". Shane is 6' 8" and can defend. And about his size... Your right...T-mac is also 6' 8"..and against teams like Dallas and Phoenix he had to play PF... You know who else is about 6'8"? Stromile Swift, Tyrus Thomas, Kenny Thomas, Elton Brand, Ben Wallace, Sheldon Williams, Carlos Boozer..etc...and all these guys play the power forward position. Juwan Howard is still there and he brings some size. We lack a PF that can block shots..but we dont really need that. Not in this system. Thats why Stromile Swift didn't work out. "Bangers" cause problems because it makes it easy for teams to double team Yao. We need guys (like Novak and Battier) that force defenders away from the inside (like near the 3 point arc). Battier also brings a lot of varsitility (he can play 2,3, or 4), hustle, and defense.

Furthermore..our team is without a doubt better with Mike James. James is a good one on one player. They can't double Yao, T-mac, and James. Thats why our system worked well two years ago when we had him. His age is a concern though. I wouldn't mind having him though...for a little less than he wanted and without the trade penalty cause.

Last edited by myzt52 : 07-18-2006 at 01:02 AM.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: