Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #46
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Damn... you guys are going all out for 2k vs Live? It's really no contest... 2k anyday.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #47
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I guess all the professional reviewers and 99% of the gaming population who have played 2K and Live are also the "lowest common denominator" too, eh?

All of the professional music reviewers give Fergie glowing reviews, that doesnít mean Iím retarded enough to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
When you have lost an argument and don't have any ground to stand on, insult someone's intelligence! Yeah, that'll show 'em how superior you are, and how right you really are, despite all the evidence against you!

Sorry, but Iím not a little kid. Everything is not an argument to me. In fact, Iíd like to see what the argument was?

Iím not saying one or the other is better, Iím saying NEITHER one is because nobody can come up with a single reason that isnít subjective opinion.

The discussion of whether Live 2008 is better than 2K8 cannot be had yet, because neither is out. Therefore, the only discussion that can take place is speculation and assumption. I choose not to operate on speculation and assumption, because I know what the results are when you do. The discussion of whether Live 2007 is better than 2K7 is no more mature than a discussion about who is better, Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan. ďKobe only has 3 rings! Michael has 6!Ē ďMichael never scored 81!Ē For f*ckís sake, can you people grow out of the second grade already? How long will it take you to figure it out?

And with the comment ďshow Ďem how superior you areĒ, you now show your complete inability to comprehend what I am saying as well.

IT IS NOT ABOUT WHAT IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER, BECAUSE THAT IS SUBJECTIVE AND BASED UPON YOUR OPINION, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE MORE INFORMED THAN SOMEONE ELSEíS.

Once you can figure that out, get back to me. Until then, enjoy your f*cking kiddie games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Jalen, how thehell you spend so much time writing such a long post and claim to spend so much time adjusting sliders and ratings.. I thought you weren't a couch potato, like us poor old console gamers?

1: It doesnít take me long to write these posts. Although the one with lots of replies to several different people took me longer than normal, because I was making sure I was quoting the right people and quoting them properly. Itís okay, I understand how you wonít get that.

2: Iím at work, on a really slow day, during a really slow week. I literally have two five minute things to do for the rest of the day, and Iím working in between everything. I work a little, post a little, work a little, post a little. Keeps the day moving. Itís called ďmultitaskingĒ. When your mind is capable of thinking of more than one thing at a time, youíll be able to do it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
And really, 2k is better than live not just cause "you dont have to adjust sliders". It's just a better game. Serious. There hasn't been one review that ranks live over 2k, NOT A ONE since 1999. Go check EGM, Gamepro, IGN.com, Gamespot.com, Gamerankings, etc.

The only time Live even TIED 2k's ratings was in 2003 when they first introduced freestyle and some people fell for the gimmick, Playstation Monthly (PSM) gave them both an equal score. Beside that one time (note: ONE review out of, literally hundreds), 2k has been ranked above Live every year from every review.

*Yawn* Do you let every single music review determine what music you buy? Do you let every single movie review determine what movies you go see? Then why would you let every single game review determine what game you should play? Also, just because you agree with something someone said doesnít make them right, it just means you agree with them. Go take a look through -every- single game review of every single game you ever played. Do you agree with everything they said? Have you ever had a favorite game/movie/TV show/song/band that wasnít popular? Have you ever liked a song that just slipped through the cracks and didnít make the charts?

Reviews arenít there so you can say, ďSee!!!! I was right! That is a bad game!!!Ē Reviews are there so you can REVIEW the game.

review
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English reveue, from Middle French, from feminine past participle of revoir to see again, reexamine, from Old French reveoir, from re- + veoir, veeir to see -- more at VIEW
1 a : a formal military inspection b : a military ceremony honoring a person or an event
2 : REVISION 1a
3 : a general survey (as of the events of a period)
4 : an act or the process of reviewing
5 : judicial reexamination (as of the proceedings of a lower tribunal by a higher)
6 a : a critical evaluation (as of a book or play) b : a magazine devoted chiefly to reviews and essays
7 a : a retrospective view or survey (as of one's life) b (1) : renewed study of material previously studied (2) : an exercise facilitating such study


In this case, definition 3 best describes the purpose of a game/movie/music/etc. review, although one could say definition 6(a) could fit the bill as well, but game magazines arenít in the business of performing CRITICAL evaluations on products, only general surveys. And from the -main- reviewers you mentioned, go look around on their sites and try to find how many games they say suck. Find out how many they say are bad. They donít. Theyíll always spin it to look good. ďFurby Challenge is a great game for kids!Ē, ďOnce they get the bugs fixed, Marioís Stand and Watch will be a great RTS.Ē

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
So really, all that time you spent writing that crap about common denominator and all that meant NOTHING.

Of course it meant nothing to you, it went directly over your head. Thatís alright, I understand where Iím posting. I realize that the overwhelming majority of posters here are children. Those that arenít physically children are mentally children. It kinda goes with the territory of sports. Competition is a very good thing in life, but at a young age kids tend to try and compete with everything. ďThe grape Blasto punch is better than the cherry Blasto punch. Cherry sucks. Only **** drink cherry. Youíd have to be a complete idiot to ever drink anything besides grape Blasto. The Online Beverage Guide for Dorks says so right here!Ē

If you canít figure out the simple fact that just because you donít like something doesnít mean that itís worse than something you like, you are obviously ignorant, immature, or a combination of the two. Thatís all there is to it.

My apologies for asking you people to grow up before youíre ready.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #48
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,425
IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
All of the professional music reviewers give Fergie glowing reviews, that doesnít mean Iím retarded enough to like it.



Sorry, but Iím not a little kid. Everything is not an argument to me. In fact, Iíd like to see what the argument was?

Iím not saying one or the other is better, Iím saying NEITHER one is because nobody can come up with a single reason that isnít subjective opinion.

The discussion of whether Live 2008 is better than 2K8 cannot be had yet, because neither is out. Therefore, the only discussion that can take place is speculation and assumption. I choose not to operate on speculation and assumption, because I know what the results are when you do. The discussion of whether Live 2007 is better than 2K7 is no more mature than a discussion about who is better, Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan. ďKobe only has 3 rings! Michael has 6!Ē ďMichael never scored 81!Ē For f*ckís sake, can you people grow out of the second grade already? How long will it take you to figure it out?

And with the comment ďshow Ďem how superior you areĒ, you now show your complete inability to comprehend what I am saying as well.

IT IS NOT ABOUT WHAT IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER, BECAUSE THAT IS SUBJECTIVE AND BASED UPON YOUR OPINION, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE MORE INFORMED THAN SOMEONE ELSEíS.

Once you can figure that out, get back to me. Until then, enjoy your f*cking kiddie games.



1: It doesnít take me long to write these posts. Although the one with lots of replies to several different people took me longer than normal, because I was making sure I was quoting the right people and quoting them properly. Itís okay, I understand how you wonít get that.

2: Iím at work, on a really slow day, during a really slow week. I literally have two five minute things to do for the rest of the day, and Iím working in between everything. I work a little, post a little, work a little, post a little. Keeps the day moving. Itís called ďmultitaskingĒ. When your mind is capable of thinking of more than one thing at a time, youíll be able to do it too.



*Yawn* Do you let every single music review determine what music you buy? Do you let every single movie review determine what movies you go see? Then why would you let every single game review determine what game you should play? Also, just because you agree with something someone said doesnít make them right, it just means you agree with them. Go take a look through -every- single game review of every single game you ever played. Do you agree with everything they said? Have you ever had a favorite game/movie/TV show/song/band that wasnít popular? Have you ever liked a song that just slipped through the cracks and didnít make the charts?

Reviews arenít there so you can say, ďSee!!!! I was right! That is a bad game!!!Ē Reviews are there so you can REVIEW the game.

review
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English reveue, from Middle French, from feminine past participle of revoir to see again, reexamine, from Old French reveoir, from re- + veoir, veeir to see -- more at VIEW
1 a : a formal military inspection b : a military ceremony honoring a person or an event
2 : REVISION 1a
3 : a general survey (as of the events of a period)
4 : an act or the process of reviewing
5 : judicial reexamination (as of the proceedings of a lower tribunal by a higher)
6 a : a critical evaluation (as of a book or play) b : a magazine devoted chiefly to reviews and essays
7 a : a retrospective view or survey (as of one's life) b (1) : renewed study of material previously studied (2) : an exercise facilitating such study


In this case, definition 3 best describes the purpose of a game/movie/music/etc. review, although one could say definition 6(a) could fit the bill as well, but game magazines arenít in the business of performing CRITICAL evaluations on products, only general surveys. And from the -main- reviewers you mentioned, go look around on their sites and try to find how many games they say suck. Find out how many they say are bad. They donít. Theyíll always spin it to look good. ďFurby Challenge is a great game for kids!Ē, ďOnce they get the bugs fixed, Marioís Stand and Watch will be a great RTS.Ē



Of course it meant nothing to you, it went directly over your head. Thatís alright, I understand where Iím posting. I realize that the overwhelming majority of posters here are children. Those that arenít physically children are mentally children. It kinda goes with the territory of sports. Competition is a very good thing in life, but at a young age kids tend to try and compete with everything. ďThe grape Blasto punch is better than the cherry Blasto punch. Cherry sucks. Only **** drink cherry. Youíd have to be a complete idiot to ever drink anything besides grape Blasto. The Online Beverage Guide for Dorks says so right here!Ē

If you canít figure out the simple fact that just because you donít like something doesnít mean that itís worse than something you like, you are obviously ignorant, immature, or a combination of the two. Thatís all there is to it.

My apologies for asking you people to grow up before youíre ready.

by your logic, is it possible for one game to be better then another??NBA live even said that there game was horrible last year, im sure they would agree that 2k was better if asked..

And before you said I dont nkow how Live's sig shots look because I dont have the game..Well I dont ave the game but Im playing the demo right now and there sig shots besides Gilbert Arenas' are horrid...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #49
Optimus Prime
Swaggy
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,952
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

I've given up on JalenRawley. No game is better than the other, but Live rules, he doesn't argue with anybody but will post 2 pages of a thesis disagreeing with you, we're all retards for wanting a good game out of the box without tons of tweaking, and GameSpot is reviewing Fergie now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
by your logic, is it possible for one game to be better then another??NBA live even said that there game was horrible last year, im sure they would agree that 2k was better if asked..

And before you said I dont nkow how Live's sig shots look because I dont have the game..Well I dont ave the game but Im playing the demo right now and there sig shots besides Gilbert Arenas' are horrid...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #50
adamcz
Bucks fan
 
adamcz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,727
adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Check the attitude JalenRawley. I appreciate that you have a passionate opinion that's founded on your limited exposure to these games on current gen systems, but we don't need comments like "Once again, education time. This place is pretty f*cking sad when it comes to reading comprehension."

Just stick to your points and leave the condescenion and personal attacks out of it.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #51
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!
 
LBJ 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,652
LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

NBA 2k > NBA Live
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #52
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
I'll make you a deal: When people stop acting like empty headed morons, I'll stop treating them like empty headed morons.
I'll make you a deal - you can spend 20 minutes writing a long post, but if it's completely full of insults I'll delete it. -Adam

Edit: Yeah, because we can't possibly have an informed opinion around here, can we? Just the little uninformed hyperbole that the kiddies spew out.

Great mod work. I knew this place has been going downhill pretty fast here in the offseason, but I never knew that it had fallen -this- far.

****ing day care, I swear.

Last edited by JalenRawley : 09-06-2007 at 04:42 PM.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #53
Optimus Prime
Swaggy
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,952
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you. You love to prove your "superiority" to everyone by typing entirely too much garbage and insulting everyone and cussing a lot. Which is quite amusing for someone of your "intellectual super status".

You're like an overly wordy BULLS. Go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #54
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
by your logic, is it possible for one game to be better then another??NBA live even said that there game was horrible last year, im sure they would agree that 2k was better if asked..

And before you said I dont nkow how Live's sig shots look because I dont have the game..Well I dont ave the game but Im playing the demo right now and there sig shots besides Gilbert Arenas' are horrid...

Remember what I said about how you should get information before opening your mouth to speak? Let me amend that to say you should get ALL of the information before opening your mouth to speak.

That's great. You got the demo. So now, you're going to base everything you know about a game that's not even released yet on the demo, and compare that to another game that's not even released yet. Brilliant. You just completely bypassed that whole knowledge and information thing didn't ya?
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #55
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I'm not even going to bother arguing with you. You love to prove your "superiority" to everyone by typing entirely too much garbage and insulting everyone and cussing a lot. Which is quite amusing for someone of your "intellectual super status".

You're like an overly wordy BULLS. Go away.

Who's arguing? I asked you to show me, you can't. I asked you to quote all of these little assumptions you made, you can't.

I'm not a competitive person. I don't consider myself superior to anyone. I'm not insulting everyone, and I don't cuss nearly as much as your average poster here. I don't think I have "intellectual super status", whatever the hell that is.

But I will happily go out of my way to belittle some moron because he's incapable of reading simple text and has to go out of their way to make assumptions to fill in the gaps. If you need a dictionary to read what I'm typing, you -really- are in trouble. Hopefully you're in another country, so that you won't be such a burden on our society here.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #56
Optimus Prime
Swaggy
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,952
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K



More grade school name calling. I seriously hope you're typing this from 3rd grade computer class.

Get out of this thread. Your constant insulting of everyone who isn't as "cool" as you totally killed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Who's arguing? I asked you to show me, you can't. I asked you to quote all of these little assumptions you made, you can't.

I'm not a competitive person. I don't consider myself superior to anyone. I'm not insulting everyone, and I don't cuss nearly as much as your average poster here. I don't think I have "intellectual super status", whatever the hell that is.

But I will happily go out of my way to belittle some moron because he's incapable of reading simple text and has to go out of their way to make assumptions to fill in the gaps. If you need a dictionary to read what I'm typing, you -really- are in trouble. Hopefully you're in another country, so that you won't be such a burden on our society here.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #57
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,886
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

up in this joint.

Anyway, 2k7>live 07 2k5>Live 05 2k6>Live 06

Just the way it is.

Odds are that 2k8 will be better than live08.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #58
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime


More grade school name calling. I seriously hope you're typing this from 3rd grade computer class.

Get out of this thread. Your constant insulting of everyone who isn't as "cool" as you totally killed it.

I don't think I'm "cool", and I'm not comparing anyone to myself. See? That's why you don't get it, I'm not a little child like you. Itís not about a competition, itís not about comparing anyone, itís not about something else not measuring up. Itís not about anything being better than anything else. Itís all about point of view and subjectivity.

If you take a look, I only insulted people who paraphrased what I said, didnít understand what was actually said even though it couldnít possibly have been written any clearer, and posted a response in some sort of hostility.

Iím just not an offensive person, Iím a defensive person. Iím not a catalyst, Iím a reactant. I -respond- to situations, I donít create them.

Oh, and Iím actually typing this from the computer at my desk in the law office I work at. A bit of a stretch from third grade, although itís hilarious that youíre trying to call me a third grader when youíre the one (of several) completely incapable of reading comprehension at a third grade level.

Iím still waiting for you to quote the things you claim I said. *Taps foot*
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #59
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
2k5>Live 05
Nah.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #60
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,425
IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Remember what I said about how you should get information before opening your mouth to speak? Let me amend that to say you should get ALL of the information before opening your mouth to speak.

That's great. You got the demo. So now, you're going to base everything you know about a game that's not even released yet on the demo, and compare that to another game that's not even released yet. Brilliant. You just completely bypassed that whole knowledge and information thing didn't ya?

Do you think they are gonna further change the sig shots from now to October..because if not this is pretty much the game..The shots are worse then nba 2k7. The animations are worse then 2k7...The game is worse then 2k7..So unless 2k7 gets worse this year then its safe to say 2k is a better game..This demo, the more you play the worse it gets..

Opps can be thrown at any time and the guy somehow gets open and gets it for a dunk or layup..Tony Parker plays like the league MVP, I just dropped 21 points in 4 minutes of gametime with TP..add in most players also have generic shots as well..

There really isnt an argument between the two games..

All your saying is its a matter of prefence and tastes..And to an extent all games are..But you taking it to a point that no game can be better then another because of it...

You prob wouldnt even admit 2k7 was better than Live 07 when there was no comparison between the two...

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 09-06-2007 at 04:54 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy