Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #61
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,318
IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
I don't think I'm "cool", and I'm not comparing anyone to myself. See? That's why you don't get it, I'm not a little child like you. Itís not about a competition, itís not about comparing anyone, itís not about something else not measuring up. Itís not about anything being better than anything else. Itís all about point of view and subjectivity.

If you take a look, I only insulted people who paraphrased what I said, didnít understand what was actually said even though it couldnít possibly have been written any clearer, and posted a response in some sort of hostility.

Iím just not an offensive person, Iím a defensive person. Iím not a catalyst, Iím a reactant. I -respond- to situations, I donít create them.

Oh, and Iím actually typing this from the computer at my desk in the law office I work at. A bit of a stretch from third grade, although itís hilarious that youíre trying to call me a third grader when youíre the one (of several) completely incapable of reading comprehension at a third grade level.

Iím still waiting for you to quote the things you claim I said. *Taps foot*

your really taking this two seriously..no one wants to engage a point for point debate about an issue that is so lopsided..
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #62
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)
 
dirkdiggler41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,389
dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

JalenRawley - why do you even bother to argue? Nobody here looks to buy the game anyway.

Btw. I used to love live. I could play it for hours. Then one day I got 2k and I just deleted live. I cant belive all that time I have used on live when I could have played 2k.
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #63
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Do you think they are gonna further change the sig shots from now to October..because if not this is pretty much the game..

I don't know. However, I won't assume they will or they won't. I will wait until the game is finalized and formulate my opinion at that point, when I have all of the information. Assuming otherwise, let alone at all, is just plain stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
The shots are worse then nba 2k7.

This is an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
The animations are worse then 2k7...

This is an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
The game is worse then 2k7..

This is an opinion.

All three of these opinions are based upon a demo, not the final version. All three of these opinions are by someone who has bias -against- NBA Live. You don't like the game. You downloaded the demo to check it out so you can find flaws with the game. If that demo was mislabeled "NBA 2K8" demo and you didn't know any better, you would be talking about how those shots, animations and the game itself is all SO much better than NBA Live 2007, and that they'll be better than NBA Live 2008 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
So unless 2k7 gets worse this year then its safe to 2k is a better game..This demo, the more you play the stupier it gets..

It's not safe to say anything. It's a demo. Let's say, -completely- hypothetically, that they decide to shelve 2K8 this year because NBA Live 2008 is farther ahead of schedule and they're afraid they won't make as much of a market share. I know, not very likely, but let's hypothetically say it happens. Was it safe to say it was a better game? No, it wasn't. Why wasn't it? Because you didn't wait until all of the facts were in beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Opps can be thrown at any time and the guy somehow gets open and gets it for a dunk or layup..Tony Parker plays like the league MVP, I just dropped 21 points in 4 minutes of gametime with TP..add in most players also have generic shots as well..

All in the demo. I've got news for you too, I can do all of that in NBA 2K7, and guess what, so can you. As for most players having generic shots, IT IS THE DEMO. When the finished version of game comes out, and all of those players still have generic shots, you have a point. Until then, you're trying to compare an incomplete demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
There really isnt an argument between the two games..

All your saying is its a matter of prefence and tastes..And to an extent all games are..But you taking it to a point that no game can be better then another because of it...

No, that's not what I'm saying. If you take two games that are essentially identical, like say any two FPS games. Let's use Call of Duty and Battlefield 1942. Two WWII FPS games. Which is better, and why? They're the -SAME- game. They're an FPS based in WWII. There was only a certain, limited amount of technology and weapons available, so they're each going to have the same things. The only difference between the games is how they do what they do. Now, if you say Call of Duty is better because you like the M1 Garand in it better than the one in BF1942, that's subjective. Someone else could easily say, "No way! The Garand in BF1942 is much better!" There's no clear cut one that is or isn't better, it's all subjective.

Although I'm not trying to take it that far and make that point, the truth is that no, no game is better than any other game, because it's all subjective. Even the criteria in which to determine which is better would be subjective. Just how important are graphics to a game? If the game is great, does it really matter that the water looks more real than real? To some, but not everyone.

What I think you need to ask yourself is why you feel the necessity to have one game be better than the other? Why does EVERYTHING have to be a competition? Can't you just prefer NBA 2K and just not play Live? Do you have to come around and just sh*t on Live constantly, even though you don't play it? No, you have to make sure everyone within earshot can hear that "LIVE > 2K LOLOLOLOLOL". Why does one game -have- to be better? Put up a poll - which is better: hamburgers or cheeseburgers? McDonald's or Burger King? Coke or Pepsi? It's no different than - which is better: Live or 2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
You prob wouldnt even admit 2k7 was better than Live 07 when there was no comparison between the two...

I don't think either game is better than the other. Each has certain elements that are better, but to me each of these better elements cancel each other out. I like the roster management and ease of editing of Live. I like the graphics and animations of 2K. I like the crossover and offensive sets in Live. I like the way teammates actually handle the sets and the signature shots in 2K. I like the Dynasty mode of Live, complete with the Rookie vs. Sophomore All-Star game, and Three Point Shootout in Live. I like playing with my friends in 2K.

Now notice, after every single one of those sentences, I did not include anything about "but Live sucks" or "but 2K sucks". I could, if I were 16 and stupid again, but I'm not. Instead of saying "I like the crossover stick, the shot stick sucks", I say "I prefer the crossover stick. I just don't like that shot stick." Why? Because the shot stick doesn't suck, I just don't like it. The world doesn't revolve around me and what I do and don't like, so just because I don't like something doesn't mean that it sucks.

When NBA Live 2008 comes out for the PC, I will buy it.

If NBA 2K8 came out for the PC, I would buy it.

I won't buy either one for my Xbox though. I don't even know if they'll come out on the older consoles, I haven't been paying attention. I'm just patiently awaiting the release date. If they do come out for the Xbox, I'll download 'em. I won't twice for the same game, no matter how much I like it ;)

I would play them both. Whichever one was more fun, I'd end up playing that one more than the other. Apparently, by the way you people around here describe things, I should pick one and tell everyone else the one they like sucks, right? I should come on here saying people are idiots because they can't tell which is the greatest game in the world, right? Sorry, I'm just not that feeble minded.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #64
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
JalenRawley - why do you even bother to argue? Nobody here looks to buy the game anyway.

Btw. I used to love live. I could play it for hours. Then one day I got 2k and I just deleted live. I cant belive all that time I have used on live when I could have played 2k.

Who's arguing?

What am I arguing?

Is this all you people know? Arguments and competition? This MUST be better than THAT! IT MUST! IT HAS TO BE! SOMETHING MUST ALWAYS BE BETTER!

I'm not arguing a thing. I'm just pointing out how pathetic it is to have a competition over every single thing, how immature it is to have to degrade something someone else likes because it's not something you like.

I would love to be able to play 2K on my PC, but only Live has a PC line, and I really don't know if they're going to bother releasing it on the PC this year. Every year I expect EA to pull the plug on their PC games because everyone else is. Unless it's an MMO or an RTS, you might not see it on the PC. Even third person and FPS games are more geared towards consoles now, especially with nextgen consoles having so much horsepower in 'em.

That's why I think they did what they did with Live 2007 on the PC, and I won't be surprised if they do it again this year. I personally don't care if I'm playing Live or 2K, as long as I'm having a good time. And playing good, realistic basketball is a good time to me, and I get it from both. I simply can't understand this requirement that you people have to compete with every single little thing. It's 5 and 6 year old brothers fighting over who got the cooler stuff at Christmas. "Mine's better!" `Nuh uh!' "Yuh huh, I got a GameBoy and two games!" `Yeah? Well I got a GameBoy and two games too!' "Yeah, but yours isn't blue, mine is! Mine's better! And I got the red Pokemon game and the blue Pokemon game!" `So!? I got a green one, the green ones are rarer! And I got the green and yellow Pokemon games. Those are better anyway!"

Nuh uh!

Uh huh!

Nuh uh!

Uh huh!


<ad infinitum>

Edit: Oh, about people not buying the games, yeah they'll buy 'em. The nextgen stuff is still pretty hard to pirate. I don't know about the PS3, but my buddy back in Indiana does Xbox 360 mods and repairs. There's all sorts of hoops you need to jump through in order to play hacked games on them, and many times you can't play 'em online, which as someone else said earlier, that's a big feature for a lot of people. If a basketball fan has a system, there's a pretty good chance that he/she is going to buy Live or 2K, or maybe even both. You can't stop the basketball jones, you can only hope to contain it.

Last edited by JalenRawley : 09-06-2007 at 05:48 PM.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #65
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Whoever liked Live 07 should just eat paint chips.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #66
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,647
abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #67
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 20,511
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

JalenRawley has serious issues.

Don't cut bro.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #68
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman
 
KRAYZIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,490
KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

2K wins, end of story!!
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #69
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,264
Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
2K wins, end of story!!
co-sign end thread.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #70
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod
 
Crazy Style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Nearwest Suburbs
Posts: 1,880
Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Yes 2k is our obvious winner! It's funny how it seemed not long ago that Live was more favored. I'm glad that has changed.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #71
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,782
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley

Everything I post is big. Sorry to make you have to read. But itís not an argument, Iím not arguing any one point. An argument is where two morons slam their heads into walls because neither can realize that both are wrong.

Open your dictionary, look up what an argument is. You have an opinion right? You posted why you have that opinion right? there you go.

You want to act like you are not one of the morons who won't admit they are wrong, yet I haven't seen you backing down on anything. Maybe you have some realizing to do yourself?


All Iím posting for is because Iím sick and tired of people saying ďNBA Live sucksĒ. No, NBA Live does not suck. NBA 2K does not suck. Just because you donít like something does not mean that it sucks. Are you people 8 years old? Have none of you learned this lesson yet?

You might think quality is entirely subjective, but I don't.

And here I thought you actually read what was written. I almost got my hopes up.

No, I donít play a lot of videogames. Of course, what isnít a lot to me, might be a lot to others and vice versa. I have a handful of games Iím into at any given time, various different genres, some new, some old classics, but on the average I play about five or six different videogames at any given time. It depends on what mood Iím in when I actually have the free time to play. Flight sim, racing, FPS, RTS, MMO, NBA, NFL, etc.

No, I donít -only- play on my PC. I prefer to play on my PC. I only have one console now, a hacked Xbox. It canít play on Xbox live because of the hack, but it has a 120gb hard drive in it with 50 or so games loaded on it and the ability to operate as a media center over the network, which is primarily what I use it for.

No, I didnít ďprobablyĒ play NBA 2K7 a few times at my buddyís house. I have played it a LOT at my buddyís house in Chicago, just like weíve played a LOT of Live 2007 there. We play quite a bit when Iím up there... let me put it this way; I have my own Xbox 360 controller, but I donít have an Xbox 360. Thatís how much I play.

No, I donít have a ďstrong dislikingĒ for any particular system. I actually like the Xbox 360 quite a bit and I really do want one. But I know if I get one, Iíll end up spending a hell of a lot more time on my couch, in front of the TV playing on it than I should.

What I said was that I donít like console gaming. I donít like that I canít fix things that need to be fixed. I donít like being stuck with certain parameters that I canít change. Before Xbox Live, game updates just didnít happen on consoles, and that was a big reason why I didnít like it, although nowadays thatís changed somewhat. I absolutely refuse to play over the internet with consoles. Consoles are easy to set up, theyíre easy to keep running, and theyíre easy to connect to other games with. Itís not -that- much more difficult to set up a PC to do the same thing, but lazy or stupid kids canít or wonít do it, so that helps filter Ďem out. Just by way of that alone, Iím already dealing with a slightly more intelligent player base by gaming on a PC than by gaming on a console.. Itís not much, but itís something.

You dont dislike any system yet you dislike consoles? Fine.....

First you say look don't like console systems, next thing you say is you own an Xbox, and you play a 360 all the time.

First you say you don't play a lot of videogames, then you say you play 5 or 6 games at any given time and many different genres no less.

Maybe you used your words in an unlucky manner the first try. Maybe you are just coming up with stuff so people will take you more seriously. Who knows, huh?




Those professional reviewers get paid to put out hype stories on certain games over certain other games. And, your mileage will ALWAYS vary. You can go ahead and trust the reviewers for what to play, watch and listen to, I just donít fit into that lowest common denominator scene. I just donít trust a review that says ďJ. Random Game is awesome! 5 stars!Ē while a few pages afterwards, theyíre rating ďBarbieís Dress Up ParadeĒ with 4 stars.

I donít care what other people think is better. -YOU- shouldnít care what other people think is better. You should care about what -you- think is the best way to entertain yourself. And what you think is the best way to entertain yourself is NOT what everyone else thinks is the best way to entertain themselves.

I doubt reviewers get paid to rate NBA 2k higher than Live.

I can think for myself, but that doesn't mean I don't have to care about what other people have to say. If someone knows more about something than I do, I'm willing to listen to them. I don't esclusively base on what I play or do on other peoples opinions, but it does help in making a selection which stuff deserves my attention and which doesn't.

But I guess you just buy every game, play every game and then decide what you like and what you don't like.



^^
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #72
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,870
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

i love when people say NOTHING IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING BECAUSE ITS OPINION.

When something is 100% acknowledged to be btter, its BETTER. you can say, well i disagree i like the other game better but you need to acknowledge the majority. its like me saying THE KNICKS ARE THE BEST LOOKING TEAM SO FAR THIS SUMMER> its my opionion, it CANT be wrong. thats just dumb.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #73
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011
 
baller42590's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kenosha WI
Posts: 1,454
baller42590 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

im going with 2k8.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #74
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 3,730
SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

This mothafukin JalenRawley is hilarious. Dude is debating this topic like a Presidental debate. Sorry I just can't buy the whole "both games are the same, neither is better than the other" arguement. By his logic, everything is exactly the same and nothing can be better, only equal. And if you do think one game is better, you are automatically retarded.

Seriously, there are actual NBA Live fans that never even touched 2K until last year. They saw how terrible Live on 360 was, switched over to 2k and was amazed. Not everyone who says Live sucks says it just because they are Live ****** and 2k fanboys. That is a stupid arguement. They say it sucks because it truly does suck. I mean, Live 06 on PS2 played better than Live 07 on 360. Although, I will say that the Live 08 demo plays better than Live 07.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #75
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,782
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Here is an IGN article from yesterday for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

NBA 2k: Joint the Association

Some great stuff in there. Player personality, roles on the team, improved free agency. Sounds really good.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy