Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #76
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,210
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Okay, since apparently my thread was locked...

I played the Live 08 demo last night, and I must say, I liked it better than 2K7. Keep in mind that the 2K8 demo isn't out yet, and I've preferred 2K basketball since like 05. I thought the graphics were better in Live 08...they didn't look all shiny and plastic and fake. I liked having the juke moves and whatever mapped the the right stick. I HATE the aggressive button in 2K...you also have to hold it down to run fast, and if you're on a break and accidentally nudge left on your left stick, you do a spin and mess up the break. That drives me crazy. I never use the shot stick...it seems goofy and unnecessary to me. I also like splitting up the layup and shoot button, because 2K would oftentimes pick the wrong thing to do. I didn't see any broken things are glitches or anything like that in the Live demo. The one thing I didn't like about Live was the free throw system. It seemed clunky. The announcing in Live 08 is WAY BETTER than 2K. It's not even close on this one. Another thing was the rosters on the demo were accurate as of 7/15/07...I hope they update it for release, because KG on the Celts is a must!

That being said, I can't say it's better than 2K8 yet, since the demo for 2K8 hasn't come out yet. Where you at, 2KGames?!

I love XBOX Live!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #77
elinss86
Decent playground baller
 
elinss86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 333
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

things live has on 2k : commentary is light years better. overall presentation is top notch (including player intros, espn liscense, overall look at fell)

too bad it sucks at everything else. game still palys like arcade, no d, animations are hrorible, cant distinquish between palyers. gameplay still sucks
elinss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #78
EricForman
Good college starter
 
EricForman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,347
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
All of the professional music reviewers give Fergie glowing reviews, that doesnít mean Iím retarded enough to like it.

*Yawn* Do you let every single music review determine what music you buy? Do you let every single movie review determine what movies you go see? Then why would you let every single game review determine what game you should play?


That's just stupid. You're making points like "reviewers aren't always right and sometimes reviews can be good even if its bad"

yeah that is true...if you're talking about, 4 reviews, 8 reviews, max. Not when it's literally HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS. (from 2k to 2k7, from every gaming publication, that has to be hundreds)

You're playing the "technical" card by pulling all this sh*t like "just casue they say its better doesn't make it so" even though literally 99.9% OF EVERY GAME REVIEWER HAS RANKED 2K OVER LIVE SINCE 1999.

You're the same type of clowns that will insist "Jordan has never won without Pip, therefore, Pip is Jordan's equal when it comes to those six wings" because you use some fallacy-filled argument based on misleading "facts".
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #79
EricForman
Good college starter
 
EricForman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,347
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Check the attitude JalenRawley. I appreciate that you have a passionate opinion that's founded on your limited exposure to these games on current gen systems, but we don't need comments like "Once again, education time. This place is pretty f*cking sad when it comes to reading comprehension."

Just stick to your points and leave the condescenion and personal attacks out of it.


too late for that, he came off like a condescending jackass the minute he said the ultra contradictive "i don't play consoles, i'm just not a couch potato... I play PCs" comment.

That sh*t he said doesn't even make any sense. So console gamers are couch potatoes, butt hen pc gamers aren't couch potatoes, well he right, cause technically they don't sit on couches for PCs... but how the hell Jalen come up with that logic to imply PC gamers wouldn't be as "lazy" console gamers?
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #80
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Open your dictionary, look up what an argument is. You have an opinion right? You posted why you have that opinion right? there you go.

You want to act like you are not one of the morons who won't admit they are wrong, yet I haven't seen you backing down on anything. Maybe you have some realizing to do yourself?

Nobody can answer one simple question, even though everyone replying is obviously simple: Whatís the argument?

Am I arguing that Live is better than 2K? Nope. Am I arguing that 2K is better than Live? Nope. What am I arguing? Iím not arguing anything. Iím saying that you people are juvenile and ignorant to even have that sort of argument about -anything-, let alone about two video games of which the distinction between the two is entirely subjective. However, if someone actually intelligently discussed the issue, something that obviously cannot take place on ISH unless I created an alt and responded to my own posts, it wouldnít be an argument, it would be a discussion. What is the difference between an argument and a discussion? One is adversarial, while the other is not. One is a ro******* of two opposing sides, the other is an exchange of ideas and information. Disagreements donít have to be hostile, they can be a simple exchange of opposing points of view.

argument
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin argumentum, from arguere

1 obsolete : an outward sign : INDICATION

2 a : a reason given in proof or rebuttal
b : discourse intended to persuade

3 a : the act or process of arguing : ARGUMENTATION
b : a coherent series of statements leading from a premise to a conclusion c : QUARREL, DISAGREEMENT

4 : an abstract or summary especially of a literary work <an argument preceded the poem>

5 : the subject matter especially of a literary work

6 a : one of the independent variables upon whose value that of a function depends
b : a substantive (as the direct object of a transitive verb) that is required by a predicate in grammar
c : AMPLITUDE 4


Definition 2(b) would be the closest to your example, of someone having an opinion and trying to persuade others with it. The only way that could apply is if I were trying to persuade you children to not be so ignorant or immature. Except Iím not trying to persuade you from that at all. Youíre children. Youíre going to be ignorant and immature, it comes with the territory. You donít know sh*t about sh*t, but think you know everything about everything. When you grow up, youíll figure it out, but unfortunately thatís the only way you ever will figure it out. I wish we could accelerate the process, but unfortunately with each passing generation the process actually slows instead.

The reason I am not arguing with anyone is because arguing with someone who doesnít have an informed opinion is a waste of time, and arguing with someone who does not want to have an informed opinion is a waste of time. If you need a personal example of how this applies to real life, ask any young (letís say around 6-11 years old) sports fan who their favorite sports star is and ask them to explain why. Then, explain to them why their favorite sports fan is not the greatest sports fan and engage in a debate with them. Record it and transcribe it, then hold it up to your screen as you view ISH on just about any topic that involves someone being ďbetter thanĒ or the ďbestĒ at absolutely anything. You will see amazing parallels between the innocent immaturity and ignorant of a child (they donít know any better, theyíre just kids) and the ignorance and immaturity of someone who claims to be an informed, independent adult. This is what it is like for me to come here and post. Itís like arguing with a six year old which is the bestest Power Ranger.

What am I supposed to be backing down from again? Am I supposed to back down and accept that NBA Live sucks? It doesnít. Am I supposed to back down and accept that NBA 2K sucks? It doesnít. Am I supposed to back down and accept that people, especially people on the internet, and especially the people on this message board are not ignorant and immature? They are ignorant and immature. Pick -ANY- thread. Hell, pick any message board, and youíll find evidence right there. If you donít think childish arguments are ignorant and immature, itís probably because youíre one of the culprits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You might think quality is entirely subjective, but I don't.

Okay, how do -you- determine quality? Does everyone else in the world have to live by what -your- standards of quality are? I have two cars, one is a ďqualityĒ brand, the other is not. The car that is a ďqualityĒ brand (Iíll refrain from name dropping, as I wouldnít want to be accused of trying to name drop, or trying to impress people, or whatever. I know how you morons operate) has required twice as much work on it as the car that is not of the quality brand. The car that is not a quality brand is a Chrysler, considered to be the ďquality brandĒ of the Plymouth/Dodge/Chrysler line. That Chrysler is much less of a quality vehicle than the IDENTICAL Dodge version I had before it. So of these three cars, the cheapest and least quality brand out of all three was actually the vehicle of the highest quality.

Quality -is- entirely subjective. Is a Lexus a higher quality car than a Toyota? Theyíre made by the same people, in the same factories. Is a Fender guitar made in California a higher quality instrument than one made in Esplanada, Mexico? What defines quality, not the definition of the word quality, but what defines what is and isnít quality? People do. -We- do.

So what is the definition of a quality game to you? To me, a game that is realistic, challenging, entertaining, and isnít frustrating is a quality game. You might have more or less stringent criteria, therefore your definition of a quality game would be different. THAT is subjectivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You dont dislike any system yet you dislike consoles? Fine.....

First you say look don't like console systems, next thing you say is you own an Xbox, and you play a 360 all the time.

First you say you don't play a lot of videogames, then you say you play 5 or 6 games at any given time and many different genres no less.

Maybe you used your words in an unlucky manner the first try. Maybe you are just coming up with stuff so people will take you more seriously. Who knows, huh?

See? This is why I say you people are f*cking idiots, because you canít read, or you simply canít comprehend what you read. It was clear when I wrote it, it was clearer every single time I had to clarify it for someone incapable of comprehending basic English. So, Iíll try again.

Hereís what I said: ďI personally do not like console gaming.Ē

Can you read that? Can you understand that? Can I make it any easier for you to comprehend? Does it say I hate consoles? Does it say I hate console gaming? Does it say I refuse to touch consoles? Does it say that I do not own any consoles? Does it say that I think consoles suck? Do I need to put it into all caps? Do I need to convert it from English to f*cking moron for you? What does it say? READ IT AGAIN. What does it say? It says, ďI personally do not like console gaming.Ē Well, what does it mean? It means that I, the person posting here as JalenRawley, personally, which means pertaining only to myself, do not like, as in the opposite of like, but does not mean hate, despise, or abhor, console gaming, which means playing video games from a console unit (such as the Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox, Sega Master System, Genesis, Turbo-Graphix 16, Dreamcast, etc. ad nauseum) hooked up to a television.

Is that clear enough, or are you -seriously- too stupid to figure that out? Really?

I donít play a lot of video games. Are 5-6 video games a lot? Really? By whose definition? Oh wait, thatís subjective, isnít it? Imagine that! I -HAVE- a lot of video games, but I donít play a lot of them. I honestly canít tell you the last time I played a game on my Xbox. At least six to eight months ago. I have a handful of games installed on my computer, not many because when youíre working with audio and video production on the same machine, filespace is at a premium. I know people with HUNDREDS of video games. Thatís a lot. I know people with thirty video games. Thatís a lot too. I also know people with three video games. Thatís not a lot, is it? And, I know many people zero video games. To those people, the people with three video games might have a lot of video games. How many is a lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I doubt reviewers get paid to rate NBA 2k higher than Live.

Then you donít know have the slightest idea about how media and marketing work in this world. Itís okay, few do, and to be honest you probably donít want to know. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Itís not about rating it higher than something else, itís about rating it high to begin with. Have you ever noticed a review slamming a game the way you see people here slamming things they donít like in Live? Have you read any reviews talking about ďretardedĒ LeBron looks, or how the signature shots ďsuckĒ? Why do you think that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I can think for myself, but that doesn't mean I don't have to care about what other people have to say. If someone knows more about something than I do, I'm willing to listen to them. I don't esclusively base on what I play or do on other peoples opinions, but it does help in making a selection which stuff deserves my attention and which doesn't.

Exactly. A review of -any- type is not a blanket judgment handed down by the gods. It is not canon. It is not meant to be anything more than to give you an overview of something, so you can determine whether or not it interests you enough for you to purchase. These days, reviews are another form of marketing. If you get a good review, your productís value and quality are perceived as being higher and thereís a much better chance of selling more units.

But when people use reviews to try and validate a point in a discussion/argument, they pretty much invalidate their stance. I could give you one hundred glowing reviews for Gigli, does that automatically make it a great movie destined to be the next timeless classic? No, it just means that 100 people liked it. The more people you can get your product to, the more people like it.

But we need reviews because theyíre the closest thing to an unbiased assessment that weíre going to get. Theyíre heavily biased, theyíre heavily sugarcoated and like everything else, heavily subjective, but theyíre better than what you would get from the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
But I guess you just buy every game, play every game and then decide what you like and what you don't like.

And as usual, youíd be guessing wrong. You donít need to guess when the facts are present. I already said what I do for new games in response to someone else, but instead of getting the factual information, which are RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU, you guessed, based upon absolutely zero experience or knowledge of the subject matter you were guessing about.

But, that's what you kiddies keep doing. And I haven't had nearly as much time today, as I've been pretty busy here at work. That's the reason why I have to keep posting, because every single time I turn around, there's another mental midget posting sh*t that I didn't even say, and taking it in a direction that only a immature, ignorant, overly competitive, juvenile, narrow-minded, moron could take it. So, here goes another round after this.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #81
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Jesus Christ... calm down man.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #82
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,210
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

I agree...this constant barrage from JalenRawley is killing any chance of a discussion that might have taken place. That's why I stopped responding to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Jesus Christ... calm down man.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #83
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,683
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Jesus Christ... calm down man.

the funniest part is that his argument is most childish in this thread...Its actually funny to me. But hopefully this will get another page long retort out of him.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #84
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Post deleted. You don't remember our deal JR?

Post re-posted:

So, people can call me a motherf*cker but you don't respond to that. People can post nothing but ignorant and insults, and you don't respond to that.

Okay, ban me. I've got all of my posts right here in WordPerfect, I'll just repost everything you delete.

Repost:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
This mothafukin JalenRawley is hilarious. Dude is debating this topic like a Presidental debate. Sorry I just can't buy the whole "both games are the same, neither is better than the other" arguement. By his logic, everything is exactly the same and nothing can be better, only equal. And if you do think one game is better, you are automatically retarded.

You're just not intelligent enough to get it. It's okay, very few people here are. You're not alone.

Who said both games are the same? Quote it. You can't. Do you know why? Because nobody said it. What was said? You don't know, because you can't be bothered to gather any actual information before opening your ignorant little mouth, can you? No, that would require -way- too much effort. So, here we go again:

It’s really simple: The games are essentially identical. Neither one is ahead of the other by any great length until you weigh the highly subjective features of each against each other, and your preferences are what skew the results in the favor of one or the other. One does not “suck” compared to the other just because you do not like it.

Both games are basketball games. Both are 5 on 5 NBA simulation games. Both offer various different game modes (exhibition/season/franchise/dynasty/practice/1 on 1/etc). Both offer realistic player models. Both offer various features, some exclusive to each, some shared between the two. Both offer “celebrity” playcalling/commentaries. THEY ARE ESSENTIALLY IDENTICAL. If you prefer to substitute the word “basically” for “essentially”, you can. That would read THEY ARE BASICALLY IDENTICAL. This is quite different than the phrase THEY ARE IDENTICAL. One statement is an absolute, the other isn’t. If you’re capable of comprehending why those two statements are different, I shouldn’t have to continue.

The games aren’t equal. What makes one game “better” than the other are the features you prefer. Go ahead, rattle off a list of every single thing you like about one game or the other. Don’t worry about what you don’t like in the other game, because most of that is going to be biased anyway (you don’t like it, remember?), list every single thing you like. Now, go down the line and see how many of those things are mirrored in the other game, or have a similar feature that’s different. When you balance everything out, just how many unique things stand out about one game over the other? I’ll tell ya this: it’s not going to be hundreds of them. It’s also not going to be a complete landslide towards one side or the other. Your preference for certain features is what sways you towards them. Does this mean the features the other game has that you don’t prefer are bad? No, it just means you don’t prefer them! Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Seriously, there are actual NBA Live fans that never even touched 2K until last year. They saw how terrible Live on 360 was, switched over to 2k and was amazed. Not everyone who says Live sucks says it just because they are Live ****** and 2k fanboys. That is a stupid arguement. They say it sucks because it truly does suck. I mean, Live 06 on PS2 played better than Live 07 on 360. Although, I will say that the Live 08 demo plays better than Live 07.

And there are actual NBA 2K fans that never touched NBA Live until last year. They saw how terrible 2K7 on 360 was, switched over to Live and were amazed. So if they say NBA 2K sucks, is that because it truly does suck? By your lack of intelligent logic, yes. So, therefore, because there are actual people who think NBA 2K sucks, it must suck.

So, topic completed. Everything sucks because someone somewhere thinks it does. Truly brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
That's just stupid. You're making points like "reviewers aren't always right and sometimes reviews can be good even if its bad"

yeah that is true...if you're talking about, 4 reviews, 8 reviews, max. Not when it's literally HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS. (from 2k to 2k7, from every gaming publication, that has to be hundreds)

No, what’s stupid is assuming things that aren’t being said. Once again, another moron can’t figure this simple thing out. Not surprising though, especially not from -this- particular source.

Hundreds of reviews said Milli Vanilli’s Grammy winning album was great. Was it?

Hundreds of reviews said Star Wars Episode One was better than the original ones. Was it?

Let me help you out here, because I could put up a million examples, and they just won’t penetrate your dense, but empty, melon. Hundreds of millions of billions of opinions are worth the same amount as one. How much is that? As much as you put into them. If you judge how good a game is by how well it’s reviewed, that’s fine for you. Maybe you’re just not capable of thinking about too many things at once and have to outsource due to limited mental capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
You're playing the "technical" card by pulling all this sh*t like "just casue they say its better doesn't make it so" even though literally 99.9% OF EVERY GAME REVIEWER HAS RANKED 2K OVER LIVE SINCE 1999.

I’m not playing any cards. And I’m not relying on technicalities. And who said "just casue they say its better doesn't make it so"? When you quote people, you quote WHAT THEY SAID. Obviously this is -way- too difficult for you to handle. Show me a review in one of the major gaming magazines that specifically says “This game is better than NBA Live.” Show me. Post it. You can’t. Do you know why you can’t? Because no gaming magazine would let a reviewer write that because it would alienate EA Sports, who spend a LOT of money on advertising, which help pay for that magazine and the salaries of the people working there. The places that would write such a review are independent reviewers, and they’re all over the map.

And, since we’re going to be talking about what is and isn’t a fact, why don’t you produce the source of the fact that “literally 99.9% OF EVERY GAME REVIEWER HAS RANKED 2K OVER LIVE SINCE 1999". Post those results. You can’t. Do you know why? Because you made up that number to try and make a point. This is what we call bullsh*t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
You're the same type of clowns that will insist "Jordan has never won without Pip, therefore, Pip is Jordan's equal when it comes to those six wings" because you use some fallacy-filled argument based on misleading "facts".

Actually, I don’t remember if I posted in that thread or not, but no, I’m not one of those people. I could post here what I really think about that, but that would be factual information, and you can’t possibly handle facts, as we’ve previously seen.

What’s a fallacy filled argument? Would that be if I said something like “literally 99.9% of every game reviewer has ranked NBA Live over NBA 2K since 1845.” Why yes, that would be a fallacy filled argument based on misleading “facts”, wouldn’t it.

hypocrite
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings


Mm. Number two fits -juuuuust- right, doesn’t it?

Last edited by JalenRawley : 09-07-2007 at 05:54 PM.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #85
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Mods? Anywhere? Somebody stop this insanity?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #86
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Jesus Christ... calm down man.

More assumption?

Why do you assume that because someone is writing a lot of text that someone isnít calm?

I work in a law office. Thereís classical music playing. The air conditioning and ceiling fan blow on me perfectly when I lean back in my incredibly comfortable office chair and respond to the morons on InsideHoopsDayCare forum. Iím the personal embodiment of calm. Boss is out of the office, I get to do whatever I like.

But no, since the majority of users here, and on the internet as a whole, arenít capable of communication on a level such as this. Iím writing things as if I were speaking to you in person, directly train of thought, from brain to fingers. Iím not a retard, I donít sit here with my two index fingers poking out ďlol11 u gt pwnd". Thatís just not me, and Iím not going to dumb myself down for dumber people. And I donít expect them to smarten up just for me, they can stay dumb, itís their life not mine.

But letís see what the next assumption will be! I might have to start a game show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime
I agree...this constant barrage from JalenRawley is killing any chance of a discussion that might have taken place. That's why I stopped responding to him.

Constant? I last posted at what, 5pm yesterday and didnít post until what, 2pm today? Yeah, 22 hours of CONSTANT posting eh? Do I need to post the definition of constant for you?

You didnít stop responding to me because my posts are killing the discussion, you stopped responding to me because I turned the tables on you and called you out for everything you were assuming incorrectly. Iím still waiting for you to quote the things I asked for. Should I post them here again?

If you havenít figured it out, discussion happens when people arenít attacking. When I have to defend the things I said from people who canít even quote basic single syllable statements, this is whatís going to happen. Start an intelligent discussion, Iíll happily discuss. But, I havenít seen you start or partake in an intelligent discussion yet, so I wonít hold my breath. However, if one -did- arise, where people were not being ignorant, assumptive and immature, youíd see much different responses from me towards them.

But instead, Iíll just continue to respond to assumptions and morons who canít even read what was written. If me coming in here and making a statement about morons who think the things they donít like automatically suck didnít kill the ďdiscussionĒ, morons who think things they donít like automatically suck would have.

Iím just shocked a mod hasnít shut down this thread yet, because anyone who knows me knows Iím not going to stop posting until people stop assuming what isnít even there. So, keep it coming. Iíll be away for the weekend, because I have a life, but Iíll be back on Monday while chilliní here at work again. Iíll be glad to fill up a few more 12,000 character posts replying to the staggering stupidity once again.

All I want to know is how you people ever get anything accomplished? If you canít take whatís -actually- been said and reply to it, how do you ever get anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
the funniest part is that his argument is most childish in this thread...Its actually funny to me. But hopefully this will get another page long retort out of him.

What argument? Show me the argument? How many times have I posted that so far? Hang on, lemme count...

1 - ďBut itís not an argument, Iím not arguing any one point.Ē

2 - ďSorry, but Iím not a little kid. Everything is not an argument to me. In fact, Iíd like to see what the argument was?Ē

3 - ďWho's arguing? I asked you to show me, you can't. I asked you to quote all of these little assumptions you made, you can't.Ē

4 - ďI'm not arguing a thing. I'm just pointing out how pathetic it is to have a competition over every single thing, how immature it is to have to degrade something someone else likes because it's not something you like.Ē

5 - ďNobody can answer one simple question, even though everyone replying is obviously simple: Whatís the argument?Ē

6 - ďAm I arguing that Live is better than 2K? Nope. Am I arguing that 2K is better than Live? Nope. What am I arguing? Iím not arguing anything. Iím saying that you people are juvenile and ignorant to even have that sort of argument about -anything-, let alone about two video games of which the distinction between the two is entirely subjective.Ē

Six times. And yet, nobody can say what is even being argued. Why is that? What am I arguing? Tell me. Am I arguing for NBA 2K? Am I arguing against NBA Live? What am I arguing?

I canít wait to hear what Iím arguing about from you people. With the assumptions that have been made so far, I canít even imagine what the responses might be. Maybe Iím arguing about mashed potatoes. Maybe Iím arguing about increasing your ***** size. Maybe Iím arguing about abortion. Maybe Iím arguing about why the word r-o-a-d-b-l-o-c-k was censored in an earlier post (strange, isnít it? But look at exactly what was censored, and youíll laugh too!). Maybe Iím arguing about whether Pluto is a planet or not.

Oh hey, make sure you tell which side Iím arguing for too when you finally post it. I wouldnít want to accidentally be the devilís advocate for the other side and all. And, if you think Iím arguing for or against either game, donít bother posting it, I really donít think anyone wants to hear me sound like a broken record, do you?
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #87
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

That guy thinks he is smart because he spends a long time typing up his information over and over again into different words. If you're so smart you need to learn how to communicate effectively.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #88
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
More assumption?

Why do you assume that because someone is writing a lot of text that someone isn’t calm?

I work in a law office. There’s classical music playing. The air conditioning and ceiling fan blow on me perfectly when I lean back in my incredibly comfortable office chair and respond to the morons on InsideHoopsDayCare forum. I’m the personal embodiment of calm. Boss is out of the office, I get to do whatever I like.

But no, since the majority of users here, and on the internet as a whole, aren’t capable of communication on a level such as this. I’m writing things as if I were speaking to you in person, directly train of thought, from brain to fingers. I’m not a retard, I don’t sit here with my two index fingers poking out “lol11 u gt pwnd". That’s just not me, and I’m not going to dumb myself down for dumber people. And I don’t expect them to smarten up just for me, they can stay dumb, it’s their life not mine.

But let’s see what the next assumption will be! I might have to start a game show.
I don't care where you work. All I'm saying is stop getting worked up over nothing. Go back and read over everything you've typed, and try to tell me that wasn't just a giant bunch of useless information. It doesn't mean anything, I don't know whether you're arguing or not, just stop. Nobody cares anymore, you're wasting your own time making 100 line posts when nobody is caring.

This is a basketball forum, not a massive general opinion sharing board for things other than basketball. This is a basketball video game discussion thread, not a thread for mindless and endless irrelevant opinions on a completely uncared for topic. You're sitting here posting hundreds of lines, and the thing is, nobody cares. I'm sorry to inform you, but indeed, nobody cares. Not because we don't value your opinions and thoughts, but because we don't see the sense in what you're typing. You're going on and on about something that does not matter. Again, this is a basketball board for basketball discussions, and you're sitting here telling us about your work environment and copying and pasting word definitions. I've never seen somebody get to worked up over almost nothing, just move on in life.

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 09-07-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #89
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
That guy thinks he is smart because he spends a long time typing up his information over and over again into different words. If you're so smart you need to learn how to communicate effectively.

I do? Tell me, how smart do I think I am, since you are assuming everything else.

I think I can communicate more than effectively enough. It's just when people get offended at something because they couldn't be bothered to read it -fully- before replying to it, that things get misconstrued.

If my posts are too long, don't read them. I understand that people on message boards don't always like reading verbose posts. If you're going to try and insult me because I can actually speak and write the language, isn't that a little petty and pathetic?

However, if you are going to read something I wrote, but not all of it because itís just too wordy, or just too esoteric, thatís fine too. Itís a free internet after all.

But if youíre going to read something I wrote and reply to it, you -might- want to read all of it to make sure that youíre not duplicating or misconstruing something thatís already been clarified.

And if youíre going to quote something -ANYONE- has said, quote it verbatim.

Misunderstandings are going to happen in a text based environment, thereís no body language, thereís no universal understand of references or inside jokes, thereís no sarcasm, itís static. Any emotion that you place to text is what -you- place to it, not necessarily what was intended by the author. How much of what Iíve written on this board has been in anger? Obviously, some people assume so because youíve got people saying, ďDude, calm downĒ or whatever. But have you ever dealt with someone who was passionate about what they were talking about without being hostile? Without being irate? Without being angry? How do you know what Iím doing on this side of the screen.

You donít. You assume. You have to, because not enough information is there. So, youíd think that providing more information might solve some of the problems, but people donít bother processing that information, theyíd much rather assume, no matter how incorrect it is, or no matter how stupid it makes them look. Donít be stupid, donít assume. You donít need to. Youíre -on- the internet. All of the information you need is a simple Google search away. And in the case of replying to someoneís post, all the information you need is directly in front of you. You donít need to make anything up, you donít need to twist words around. If you misunderstand, you misunderstand sh*t happens ya know, but if you canít even reply to whatís already there, just what are you doing? Having conversations with yourself about the things you make up in your own head? Thatís a bit out there, donít ya think?
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #90
JalenRawley
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 904
Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I don't care where you work. All I'm saying is stop getting worked up over nothing. Go back and read over everything you've typed, and try to tell me that wasn't just a giant bunch of useless information. It doesn't mean anything, I don't know whether you're arguing or not, just stop. Nobody cares anymore, you're wasting your own time making 100 line posts when nobody is caring. I've never seen somebody get to worked up over almost nothing, just move on in life.

Who's getting worked up? Are you getting worked up? I'm not getting worked up.

I have been reading over everything I've already typed, I have to continuous quote myself because people here just aren't capable of quoting it when they reply to it. I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me, in fact I encourage it. I believe that people -shouldn't- all think alike. I believe we should embrace our differences because that's what make us unique, not our similarities.

But I do have a problem with dishonesty, I do have a problem with ignorance. I do have a problem with immaturity. I'll happily clarify things for people, and I'll happily correct people who have taken things the wrong way from what I intended upon writing them. But when I've got to do it over, and over, and over, and over, with the same one sentence, isn't that kind of ridiculous? I mean really, how many times does something need to be said? Apparently, it's at least six times or more.

It is my time to waste you know, and I have more than enough freedom in which to waste it. If nobody is caring, why are they replying? Because they don't care? Yeah, that's brilliant.

Again, who's getting worked up? Even the people I'm posting back and forth with here, even the most pissy ones, they're not getting worked up. I highly doubt you're getting worked up, so who is getting worked up?

And thanks for thinking of me, but I'm getting along with life just fine. 45 minutes from now I'll be enjoying the weekend.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy