Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Roster intact?

Are the new look grizz better then last year?I personally believe this season will be a positive one.Ther is alot of young talent flooded on this squad.Our guards are loaded this year.We actually have a center to play with pau.Hopefully pau will come in healthy.This could be a fun year.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Roster intact?

My only concern is the lack of depth at the 4 and 5 spot. Pau, Darko and Warrick is pretty decent but there just isn't enough depth at the center spot. Swift just sucks, he might have the one or two decent games but overall that dude just flat out sucks. We need another big who can come off the bench behind darko. Pau, Darko and Warrick spliting minutes and rotating round the 4 and 5 spot won't work for too long. We need more bigs.

Other than that, I'm sure this season will be alot better than last season. Let the battle commence!
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
artificial
:-P

Roster as of now:

PG Damon Stoudemire (?) / Mike Conley / Kyle Lowry
SG Mike Miller / Juan Carlos Navarro / Tarence Kinsey
SF Rudy Gay / Casey Jacobsen
PF Pau Gasol / Hakim Warrick / Brian Cardinal
C Darko Milicic / Stromile Swift

Certainly looks better than last year.

Young yet promising crop of PG's, good shooters at the 2 & 3. Hopefully Gay is developing as advertised on the summer leagues. Hopefully Pau comes healthy and at full force with his buddy Navarro, and Warrick keeps delivering coming off the bench.

Depth at 5 is certainly something to worry about. Donnie Darko is pretty much teh wild card, as it could go either way depending on what he shows. To be honest I'm not too optimistic here. Still Darko and Swift coming behind him, is better than many teams can claim.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:23 AM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

You all have said everything that needs to be said. Better roster, but short inside the paint. Neither Darko or Pau are a pure Cs, Swift is just a cancer. Something needs to be fixed here.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah but honestly.Darko is the best center that has ever played beside pau.He may not be a bruiser.But he has intangibles.Nice shot and good passing.Maybe andre brown can be effective.Cardinal is there also.Even though he is garbage.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah but honestly.Darko is the best center that has ever played beside pau.He may not be a bruiser.But he has intangibles.Nice shot and good passing.Maybe andre brown can be effective.Cardinal is there also.Even though he is garbage.
While Darko may be the best center to ever play beside Pau. It doesn't change the fact that apart from Warrick we basically have nothing to come off the bench. Swift sucks but does have the odd good game, Cardinal is even worse and Brown, we don't know how he will adapt to the Grizzlies but I doubt he will be great.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #7
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Well, there is still a free spot in the roster. And there is the issue of Mighty Mouse wanting to be traded. I would like to know if Wallace and Iavaroni think the team is closed.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

The thing is this.Ivaroni wants to play the suns style of play.Which means small quick striking basketball.They played marion and diaw at the power forward spot.Marion is only 6'7''.So excpect rudty to play the four and pau at the five more then a little this season.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
The thing is this.Ivaroni wants to play the suns style of play.Which means small quick striking basketball.They played marion and diaw at the power forward spot.Marion is only 6'7''.So excpect rudty to play the four and pau at the five more then a little this season.
I don't mind Gay playing some 4. With the amount of guards we have Gay will probably get 1/3 of his minutes from playing the 4. It's just, that if we had a young C who can play the uptempo style then that would be great.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah the problem is not finding a center.The problem is finding a player with skill to play the position.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Roster as of now:

PG Damon Stoudemire (?) / Mike Conley / Kyle Lowry
SG Mike Miller / Juan Carlos Navarro / Tarence Kinsey
SF Rudy Gay / Casey Jacobsen
PF Pau Gasol / Hakim Warrick / Brian Cardinal
C Darko Milicic / Stromile Swift

Certainly looks better than last year.

That should be enough to squeek into the playoffs...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I'd say the playoffs are just out of reach for us this season, maybe 10th - 12th spot and hopefully a return to the playoffs next season.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I'd say the playoffs are just out of reach for us this season, maybe 10th - 12th spot and hopefully a return to the playoffs next season.

Well i think that Gasol is going to return with tenacity... and he will climb them up to the 9th and possibly squeeze into the 8th...

they will surprise the west much like they did a few years ago...

But then again thats all assuming that the youngins also improve and that the team meshes well
Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

No doubt Pau's gonna come out strong. But we have a fair amount of new players and it's going to take time for the team to mesh. If Memphis could squeeze into the 8th seed then that would be f*cking amazing. But I just don't see it happening, I hope I'm wrong though.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #15
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
No doubt Pau's gonna come out strong. But we have a fair amount of new players and it's going to take time for the team to mesh. If Memphis could squeeze into the 8th seed then that would be f*cking amazing. But I just don't see it happening, I hope I'm wrong though.

I guess you are correct in the fact that its a whole new ball team... I guess Im just looking at its potential.. and a bit of wishful thinking
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: