Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2007, 04:25 AM   #1
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Default Eastern Conference Pre-Season rankings

1.Chicago Bulls - Another year of positive growth for a team that is still young. Too much talent on the starting line and as deep as you will see in the east and maybe in the league. If you want more reasons then ask.
2.Detroit Pistons - Still have the core plus,will possibly be losing webber but shouldn't impact much with the improvement of Maxiel and addition of NBDL star Amir Johnson.
3.Toronto Raptors - Superior in division, loads of young talent, and a fairly deep squad. Bosh and Bargnani should be impressive in year 2.
4.Boston Celtics - Could be better than 4th seed, could be worse. A lot riding on Kendrick Perkins and Rajon Rondo. Depth could absolutely haunt this team in a 82 game season when all your stars are 31 plus. Depth will also be the death of this team come playoffs. Ray Allen has to prove both recently surgically repaired ankles are ready to handle a full season and the playoffs.
5.Washington Wizards - Gil Zero definetly looking to go off from the get go of the season. With a healty agent 0 the Wiz's "Big 3" should look to bounce back and be possibly the highest ppg trio again.
6.Cleveland Cavaliers - No additions to the team really made me put them here. Lebron is on verge of greatness and jumper looked amazing in Fiba. That being said i think that Washington will edge out the Cavs by only a few games. Still would be a very serious threat in the playoffs. Lookout for young Boobie...(-> Dan Gibson)... obviously.
7.Orlando Magic - This might be the team that suprises me but i am not sold on them. Dwight is a freak and the addition of Rashard is big but i think with weak guardplay, it will hurt their chances. Jameer is solid but we will see if he has another level to reach. Like i said, they could really prove me way wrong.
8.New Jersey Nets - It doesn't seem right that i could put them here seeing as how Jason Kidd showed he is the best passing PG in the world in the FIBA games. Nenad Krstic(sp?) returning could be big and put them higher if he recovers 100% from knee injury/surgery. This team could also make me look bad because VC and Jkidd are a dangerous duo, and a healthy RJ will only help.

Outside looking in...

I THINK MIAMI IS GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS. HATE ME FOR IT. SHAQ WILL PLAY 40 GAMES AND THEIR ROSTER SUCKS. LOSING POSEY AND KAPONO HURTS A LOT. DWADE WILL NEED TO AVERAGE 40 ppg FOR THIS TEAM TO HAVE A CHANCE.

Most Improved Team/s to miss playoffs.

1.New York - I still don't they can make the playoffs. Randolph and Curry might really dominate offensively which is scary, but defense would be pretty bad. A lot hinges on Starbury and what kinda of year he can have. At his best Stephon can be pretty ballerific, but we haven't seen it in a while. And a lot should be expected from DLee.

2. Atlanta - SO MUCH TALENT. Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Shelden Williams, Josh Childress, and the promising rooks in Horford and Law. Don't know how much they win with an Eastern conference that largely improved, but they should be extremely entertaining to watch.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 09-06-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 AM   #2
Force
National High School Star

Default Re: Eastern Conference Pre-Season rankings

Did Miami move to the Western Conference?
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:40 AM   #3
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Once Kobe gets traded to Chicago, you got that right..

And Boston atleast #2.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
Dengness9

Force I Edited It For Your
Old 09-06-2007, 05:11 AM   #5
Dengness9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

And Boston atleast #2.
The Bulls would have been # 2 seed last year if they hadn't loss final game of regular season to New Jersey which moved them from 2nd to 5th seed. They ended up like 4 games behind the pistons for 1st. Best record in second half of season. Pistons defeat in 2nd round is only fueling the fire of this T-E-A-M, the true definiton of the word.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:12 AM   #6
Dengness9

Quote:

And Boston atleast #2.
The Bulls would have been # 2 seed last year if they hadn't loss final game of regular season to New Jersey which moved them from 2nd to 5th seed. They ended up like 4 games behind the pistons for 1st. Best record in second half of season. Pistons defeat in 2nd round is only fueling the fire of this T-E-A-M, the true definiton of the word.

You're already on the Celts bandwagon??
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 AM   #7
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Golden State was a bandwagon.

Calling Boston #2 with KG, Paul, and Ray is smart not bandwagon jumping.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:24 AM   #8
Dengness9

We'll see man, it's just a prediction, i don't think they will dominate. 4th seed isnt bad.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
CELTICS4LYFE
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i think u have to put they cavs #1 just for the simple fact they r the team to beat(in the east) i mean this is "pre season" rankings right
CELTICS4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #10
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

The Bulls should be #1 or #2 when the season is over because they're so balanced and complete and are a very good team, but are a low post scorer short of being a great team. They'll be better this season and anything less than 52 wins this season in my oppinion would be a big dissapointment. They should have been the #2 seed and fell one win short of 50, but that's over and I'm expecting greater things this season. The Bulls and Pistons are the the most complete teams in the east and in a year or two there's no dought that Chicago should be the clear cut #1 team in the east assuming the team doesn't change much and a few more solid additions are made. You never know, but Kobe might actually sign with the them in 09' if that happens I'd expect them to win it all.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 09-06-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
RapsFan
Great college starter

What about the Bucks? Last time they were healthy they made the playoffs. Also the Bobcats will surprise some people. I think Miami will make it as there is no way Shaq isn't a monster this year to prove people wrong one last time.

For me, I think the Raps won't be as good as last year. I think they overachieved and didn't address rebounding or defense at all in the offseason and that will hurt them. I think their division got a lot tougher and think the Nets and Celts will be huge competition to win the division. I like the teams in your top 8, but I have Miami in there, with the Raps, Magic, Bucks and Knicks fighting for the 8th.....which I think the Raps will take in a very close battle with the Magic.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #12
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Assuming that Kobe signs with the Bulls in 09' it would make sense if they traded Gordon soon after for a high draft pick in where they should be able to get a solid low post scorer with size.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #13
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
1.Chicago Bulls - Another year of positive growth for a team that is still young. Too much talent on the starting line and as deep as you will see in the east and maybe in the league. If you want more reasons then ask.

Keep it real.

My take (Power Rank, not playoff seeds):

1) Chicago (55 wins)
2) Detroit (52 wins)
3) Boston (52 wins)
4) Toronto (49 wins)
5) Cleveland (48 wins)
6) New Jersey (46 wins)
7) Miami (45 wins)
8) New York (41 wins)

Just misses: Washington (41 wins), Orlando (40 wins)
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #14
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

I dont agree with the Rapz at third, and I dont think they are superior either in there division. I think the injury last year to the Nets made them lose out to Toronto but this year the Atlantic seems very solid, with good improvements to the Knicks and Celtics. I also see a healthy Wiz squad doing better. I also see a decline in the Pistons and Heat but there still making the playoffs imho.

my rankings.

1. Bulls
2. Celtics
3.Wizards
4. Nets
5. Cavs
6.Pistons
7.Raptors
8.Heat
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:

And Boston atleast #2.
Boston hasnt even played together yet. What is there bigman rotation really gonna be like? What if Garnett pr Pierce gets injured. No depth really at the pg or the c.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: