Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #16
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Eastern Conference Pre-Season rankings

at the Magic and Wizards over the Heat.

And, BTW, a division champ can be no lower than a 4 seed.

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

1 - Cleveland - Eastern conference champs deserve this spot until the season starts
2 - Boston - the hype of that trio gets them this spot
3 - Chicago - started making strides last season
4 - Detroit - the starting five is getting worn down
5 - New Jersey - underachieved most of last season
6 - Miami - on their last legs
7 - Toronto - overachieved last season. I don't see them duplicating their success but they earned this spot
8 - Washington same as Toronto
9 - New York - need to continue on the progress of last season
10 - Orlando - will additions of Rashard Lewis & Stan Van Gundy improve the team?
11 - Atlanta - this team needs interior players to make an impact
12 - Charlotte - will Sam Vincent also be a success as a NBA coach?
13 - Milwaukee - this team lacks quality depth all over the court
14 - Indiana - Larry Bird is arguably the worst front office guy in the NBA
15 - Philly - one of the youngest teams in the A.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Boston hasnt even played together yet. What is there bigman rotation really gonna be like? What if Garnett pr Pierce gets injured. No depth really at the pg or the c.

People are still talking about the depth issues of the celtics? It's that old news. They signed Posey (would start for a lot of teams), they signed a rebounder in Pollard, got Eddie House as a backup PG/SG. They have Glen Davis as a backup big too. Oh yeah, and Tony Allen! Rivers already said that Ray Ray and Allen will see some backup PG duties as this team doesn't need a PG since the O will be run through Pierce and KG at the low and high block. Hell even Scalabranie can give 12 mins a night of service duty.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Toronto is being underrated by some, they're atleast #5 in the east.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #20
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Orlando Is Not A Playoff Team
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #21
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Charlotte is so under the radar.

Atlanta, Orlando? Come on now.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #22
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Charlotte is so under the radar.

Atlanta, Orlando? Come on now.
Orlando was a playoff team so they have to get the nod.

Atlanta returns most of its key players and has the same coach. Charlotte's coach is a NBA rookie.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #23
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Larry Bird is arguably the worst front office guy in the NBA

Mitch Kupcake, no doubt.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #24
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Mitch Kupcake, no doubt.
Don't hijack this thread just make another for everyone to debate the issue.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #25
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If Okafor and Richardson didn't combine to miss 46 games last season I'd give them more love in rankings. Also, they lost Knight, who invariably brought a lot of stability to their team.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #26
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TOR, CHI, and WAS are too high, and NJ is too low. Also, no Miami? I still think the Pistons are the team to beat in the east. They have the vets and the leadership to propel them to 55+ wins. That won't help them get back to the finals, but for the duration of the season, I feel like they are still the best team in the east. Chicago has failed to address their interior scoring (Noah isn't the answer), and though they have some young players who are gonna get better, top 2-3 I feel is their spot as opposed to 1. Washington is OK, but are more or less a bottom tier playoff team. They don't play D. NJ is better than people think and with their trio, should push the top 6. For Miami, any team with Wade/Shaq, even at less than full strength, will definately make the playoffs somehow/someway......
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
People are still talking about the depth issues of the celtics? It's that old news. They signed Posey (would start for a lot of teams), they signed a rebounder in Pollard, got Eddie House as a backup PG/SG. They have Glen Davis as a backup big too. Oh yeah, and Tony Allen! Rivers already said that Ray Ray and Allen will see some backup PG duties as this team doesn't need a PG since the O will be run through Pierce and KG at the low and high block. Hell even Scalabranie can give 12 mins a night of service duty.
Rebounder Scott Pollard huh? 4.8 in 17 mins for his career. They are certainly deep enough at the 2-3 position, but they have a foul prone (and limited) starting center, the definition of bench leader in pollard, and a rookie (who could be quite good). A second year pg who has a very limited shot and a slasher (allen) and shooter (allen) potentially bringing the ball up as makeshift pgs. I had forgotten about house.

So, still worried about the 4 and 5 past KG
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #28
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

1. Boston - Yeah, I'm on the bandwagon!
2. Cleveland - Gotta give them props
3. Detroit - They may have "lost a step", but they're still better than most of the East
4. Miami - The Southeast sucks...
5. New Jersey - If they stay healthy, they will be very dangerous...
6. Bulls - I'm not as sold on the Bulls as some, but I can see they are good.
7. Wizards - If they can all stay healthy, they could be a force in the playoffs. If not, then
8. Charlotte - This is my super secret crazy random spoiler upset pick!
------------
9. Toronto - Fringe playoffs, but I don't think they're that good.
10. New York - Bu bu bu Zach Randolph and Starbury will kiss his sister!
11. Orlando - Ugh 'Shard signing UGH UGH UGH...still, Dwight Howard is pretty good. And 'Shard isn't terrible, but signing him to max money IS terrible.
12. Atlanta - It's Atlanta...come on! Unless 27 year old 'Nique is coming back, yeah...
13. Milwaukee -
14. Indy - Well, they have JO...at least until the trade deadline...
15. Philly - Wow...yeah, terrible.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #29
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
I dont agree with the Rapz at third, and I dont think they are superior either in there division. I think the injury last year to the Nets made them lose out to Toronto but this year the Atlantic seems very solid, with good improvements to the Knicks and Celtics. I also see a healthy Wiz squad doing better. I also see a decline in the Pistons and Heat but there still making the playoffs imho.

my rankings.

1. Bulls
2. Celtics
3.Wizards
4. Nets
5. Cavs
6.Pistons
7.Raptors
8.Heat

It would be a lot safer if the Celtics switched with the Pistons? Why do so many people think the the Celtics will finish top 3 in the east? Also it's way too early to call them one of the best teams in the east already.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #30
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
It would be a lot safer if the Celtics switched with the Pistons? Why do so many people think the the Celtics will finish top 3 in the east? Also it's way too early to call them one of the best teams in the east already.
well i might have ranked them to low and the celtics to high, but on paper the celtics have a good starting 5 and a decent bench with posey now there. The reason I dont see the Pistons doing so well is, I think they have peaked, and some of there players will decline(wallace,Webber if he signs) I also see a healthy Nets team to be a sleeper team.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: