Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #31
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Eastern Conference Pre-Season rankings

The Knicks will be better than the Magic. The Magic should not of made the playoffs last season with a 40-42 record. The East was just so bad.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #32
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

I kinda agree that if the Knicks get there act together, they are one tough,young and talented team.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #33
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

knicks won't get their act together... not as long as marbury is on the team.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #34
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Rebounder Scott Pollard huh? 4.8 in 17 mins for his career. They are certainly deep enough at the 2-3 position, but they have a foul prone (and limited) starting center, the definition of bench leader in pollard, and a rookie (who could be quite good). A second year pg who has a very limited shot and a slasher (allen) and shooter (allen) potentially bringing the ball up as makeshift pgs. I had forgotten about house.

So, still worried about the 4 and 5 past KG

Again, anyone can dribble up the court. The offense will run through pierce and kg....both getting 5 dimes per. let alone ray ray who is a good handler and passer. rondo will be fine.

anyway, yes the frontcourt depth isn't great, but yes Scott Pollard is a rebounder. 4.8 in 17 mins says to me closeto 10 if given 34 mins a night (little less then average starting centre). not saying he's great, but he's exactly what they needed off the bench (big hussling c who can board and play d). C's probably get 14 boards a game our of their C's (Perkins and Pollard). Not great, but ok considering you have KG and Pierce at the 4/3.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #35
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
1. Boston - Yeah, I'm on the bandwagon!
2. Cleveland - Gotta give them props
3. Detroit - They may have "lost a step", but they're still better than most of the East
4. Miami - The Southeast sucks...
5. New Jersey - If they stay healthy, they will be very dangerous...
6. Bulls - I'm not as sold on the Bulls as some, but I can see they are good.
7. Wizards - If they can all stay healthy, they could be a force in the playoffs. If not, then
8. Charlotte - This is my super secret crazy random spoiler upset pick!
------------
9. Toronto - Fringe playoffs, but I don't think they're that good.
10. New York - Bu bu bu Zach Randolph and Starbury will kiss his sister!
11. Orlando - Ugh 'Shard signing UGH UGH UGH...still, Dwight Howard is pretty good. And 'Shard isn't terrible, but signing him to max money IS terrible.
12. Atlanta - It's Atlanta...come on! Unless 27 year old 'Nique is coming back, yeah...
13. Milwaukee -
14. Indy - Well, they have JO...at least until the trade deadline...
15. Philly - Wow...yeah, terrible.

Love these ranks. I think Charlotte won't make it but it will be a battle with TO, Charlotte, NY, Orlando for 8th. Shard makes a lot of money, but in terms of helping the team, he does clearly. So you add Shard to a playoff team with probably the best centre in the east on their team in Dwight. Better coach too. Orlando could be good with an uptempo system. Jameer will be better....even JJ Reddick scored over 20 a game in the summer.

Everyone said Detroit is getting old etc. I don't agree at all. Webber isn't even on the team first of all. They have a loaded bench with all young talent. Amir Johnson could start for them and be ahuge sleeper, literally. Maxiell, Stucky, Affalo too. McDyess as a vet off the pine with Flip Murray. That is a loaded bench. I think the Pistons were like 16-6 with Nazr the starting Centre, so they won't even miss Webber I don't think. Prince isn't old, Rip isn't old. Chauncy's game was never based on speed so age won't hurt him as much (plus he's not even that old). Sheed is the only guy that is slowing and really, is he slowing that much? I think Detroit is the class of the east.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #36
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
knicks won't get their act together... not as long as marbury is on the team.

Marbury will distribute the ball.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #37
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Exclamation Re: Eastern Conference Pre-Season rankings

people complaining about marbury hasnt watched the knicks the past year or so!

Knicks Will make the playoffs!
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #38
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
Marbury will distribute the ball.

he's averaged over 8 apg his entire career and it has (nick foley impression) amounted to JACK SQUAT!

its the fact that he dominates the ball, the fact that he is the best player on the team and will take as many shots as he pleases. his attitude also leaves much to be desired (and yes i know what a great thing he's doing selling cheap shoes)

for this team to succeed, marbury needs to be moved... but don't be foolish enough to believe any team that has playoff aspirations will take him off of NY's hands.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #39
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Pistons
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Miami Heat
6. New Jersey Nets
7.Milwaukee Bucks
8. New York Knicks
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #40
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Cavs at #6 is a joke.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #41
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

training camp not yet started , and not even full rosters yet
So if others are speculating I guess I can also

1) Cav's (I expect a mid season trade)
2) Bull's
3) Pistons (one last vet hurray)
4) Jersey (Kidd's last year ?)
5) Bucks (My surprise ..... my team)
6) celtics (Allen has played with a Big 3 .... 4 games over .500)
7) Orlando (coach)
8) Heat .500 or under (last hurray w/ possibly mid season trade)
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #42
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
1.Chicago Bulls - Another year of positive growth for a team that is still young. Too much talent on the starting line and as deep as you will see in the east and maybe in the league. If you want more reasons then ask.
2.Detroit Pistons - Still have the core plus,will possibly be losing webber but shouldn't impact much with the improvement of Maxiel and addition of NBDL star Amir Johnson.
3.Toronto Raptors - Superior in division, loads of young talent, and a fairly deep squad. Bosh and Bargnani should be impressive in year 2.
4.Boston Celtics - Could be better than 4th seed, could be worse. A lot riding on Kendrick Perkins and Rajon Rondo. Depth could absolutely haunt this team in a 82 game season when all your stars are 31 plus. Depth will also be the death of this team come playoffs. Ray Allen has to prove both recently surgically repaired ankles are ready to handle a full season and the playoffs.
5.Washington Wizards - Gil Zero definetly looking to go off from the get go of the season. With a healty agent 0 the Wiz's "Big 3" should look to bounce back and be possibly the highest ppg trio again.
6.Cleveland Cavaliers - No additions to the team really made me put them here. Lebron is on verge of greatness and jumper looked amazing in Fiba. That being said i think that Washington will edge out the Cavs by only a few games. Still would be a very serious threat in the playoffs. Lookout for young Boobie...(-> Dan Gibson)... obviously.
7.Orlando Magic - This might be the team that suprises me but i am not sold on them. Dwight is a freak and the addition of Rashard is big but i think with weak guardplay, it will hurt their chances. Jameer is solid but we will see if he has another level to reach. Like i said, they could really prove me way wrong.
8.New Jersey Nets - It doesn't seem right that i could put them here seeing as how Jason Kidd showed he is the best passing PG in the world in the FIBA games. Nenad Krstic(sp?) returning could be big and put them higher if he recovers 100% from knee injury/surgery. This team could also make me look bad because VC and Jkidd are a dangerous duo, and a healthy RJ will only help.

Outside looking in...

I THINK MIAMI IS GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS. HATE ME FOR IT. SHAQ WILL PLAY 40 GAMES AND THEIR ROSTER SUCKS. LOSING POSEY AND KAPONO HURTS A LOT. DWADE WILL NEED TO AVERAGE 40 ppg FOR THIS TEAM TO HAVE A CHANCE.

Most Improved Team/s to miss playoffs.

1.New York - I still don't they can make the playoffs. Randolph and Curry might really dominate offensively which is scary, but defense would be pretty bad. A lot hinges on Starbury and what kinda of year he can have. At his best Stephon can be pretty ballerific, but we haven't seen it in a while. And a lot should be expected from DLee.

2. Atlanta - SO MUCH TALENT. Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Shelden Williams, Josh Childress, and the promising rooks in Horford and Law. Don't know how much they win with an Eastern conference that largely improved, but they should be extremely entertaining to watch.

You think that Washington and Toronto will be making the playoffs over the New York Knicks, Milwaukee, or Charlotte?

What the hell? Miami not making the playoffs? No dude, this is the East, Miami will make the playoffs and will probably make it to the second round before they get knocked out.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #43
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Cavs
Nets
bulls
Raps
Detriot
Celtics
Mia
Knicks

book it.... these are the teams making the PO's ...i dnt know if their accurate due to some teams in the same division etc. But thats how i invision it to be
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #44
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Rodney Stuckey will blindside you next year.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #45
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

i see some lists that have the raps not making the playoffs... why the hell not?

they're definitely not going to regress... they have one of the best young trio's in the league and they can only build on what they did last year in regards to development as players and as a team. i'm thinking they get the exact same amount of wins as last year... the east may be better, but so are the raptors.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: