Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #76
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Eastern Conference Pre-Season rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
All, dakoking rarely reads. Seems to have about a 10 word attention span in my experience. Just seems to throw a lot of Knick homer junk out once the RAM fills up....
Amazing considering the only time I've mentioned NY in this thread is when I had them at #9 in my rankings. Hell, that post and a few post in the "Will the Knicks make the playoffs?" thread are the only Knicks talking I've done in the last few days. None of those are even remotely "homer-ish".

Quote:
As to the guys bashing teams, one can tell when somebody really does not watch teams but their own. Despite the claims, very, very few NBA fans actually saw teams like the Raptors and Bucks play last year. They were not on TV except in local markets. It is understandable I guess, but the comments are a bit funny to read about players whose career shifted radically up or down last year without non-locals noticing.

Most poster's player evaluation is too haphazardly isolated to their local context to have worth.
Yet nothing I said about the Raptors is untrue. They are in fact a poor defensive team, a poor rebounding team, and their offense is predominantly created from outside shots.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #77
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Please...

They haven't won 50 yet... No they won 49 last year and would of had 50 if not for a game winning Barbosa three in chicago or a pathetic final game of regular season against New Jersey. They should have been a 2 seed(missed by lost on final regular season game) and had the hardest path to the ECF and finals of anyone. THEY DIDNT ALMOST GET SWEPT AT ALL. They blew a 20 point halftime lead in game 3 which i was at, and blew a lead going into the fourth in the 6th game which I was also at, that would have pushed a decisive game 7. Don't say they almost got swept when they almost made it a full 7 game series, get your facts right. Ben Gordon is ok at D, it's just his height that is the real problem. And Hinrich and the rest of the Bulls are getting more respect from refs now as they improve and get older. You are another Bulls ***** who "doesnt see" a team improving by a few wins to grab the 1 seed. The average age of the Bulls minus Bwallace is something like 24. The ceiling on this team is so much higher than apparently you know about.
Get out of my face.

That's a lot of if ands and maybe so's.

Being down 3-0 is nearly getting swept.

Gordon is a problem on D, the Pistons exposed him, he was the primary reason they were down 3-0 including a blowout at home.

No guarantee they get better just because they're young.

Still no inside scoring.

No playoff success.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #78
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Amazing considering the only time I've mentioned NY in this thread is when I had them at #9 in my rankings. Hell, that post and a few post in the "Will the Knicks make the playoffs?" thread are the only Knicks talking I've done in the last few days. None of those are even remotely "homer-ish".

Yet nothing I said about the Raptors is untrue. They are in fact a poor defensive team, a poor rebounding team, and their offense is predominantly created from outside shots.

Just gettin' on ya for yesterday's talk about the Knicks and the "woe us! we have suffered so! Not reading any further!" comments. All good!

And as to the Raps, guess we'll have to see! I'm curious if the refs / league / Sternites allow the game to change further -- More soft, more fouls, more shooting, more passing, more FIBA like -- as the trend seems to have been.

In which case, cheers to the teams with boatloads of perimeter shooters...
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #79
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Despite the claims, very, very few NBA fans actually saw teams like the Raptors and Bucks play last year. They were not on TV except in local markets.
So any die hard fan saw them at least twice. And there is a thing called P2P streaming that allows you to watch many games not available on your local cable/etc. While I have not been one of the ****** ( I think they will be a good team this year, but still prob in the bottom 4 of the playoff teams), I did watch about 12 raptors games last year without really even trying to. *****s is a censored word? even with an 8 in it?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #80
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
That's a lot of if ands and maybe so's.
How is that lot of if's and so's. Its all fact more than anything.

Being down 3-0 is nearly getting swept. Having a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter of game 6 is almost forcing a game 7.

Gordon is a problem on D, the Pistons exposed him, he was the primary reason they were down 3-0 including a blowout at home.Bull fugging****, the whole Bulls team played scared besides BWallace cuz he was the only one who had been there before.

No guarantee they get better just because they're young.It's a guarantee to me when you look at the statistics of for the last 4 years they have improved regular season wins total and playoff wins total. SO shut your mouth.

Still no inside scoring. Better than last year with Smith replacing Brown and Tyrus not a rookie anymore.

No playoff success.
Swept defending champs...i don'y care if Dwade wasnt 100%, they still couldn't win one game.

Keep on trying to prove me wrong and i will just keep turning it around and further make you look stupid.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #81
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're not making anyone look stupid other than yourself.

Dwade coming back just before the playoffs has everything to do with that sweep.

Furthermore it doesn't mean **** if you sweep someone in the first round and still can't get out of the second, while nearly getting swept in the process.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #82
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
My thoughts on Toronto......they will not repeat the same level of success as last season (as in less wins, and maybe no playoffs)

Why?

1. The EC is much better than last season... especially their own division. Many teams made significant additions or experienced a rash of injuries (much worse than Toronto) last year and are expected to be better (NY, Boston, Orlando, Charlotte, NJ, Milwuakee, Miami, Washington, etc.) Last year Toronto was that team that snuck up on others and flew under the radar. It won't be so easy this year.

2. Every one likes to think because they are young, they are destined to improve, despite the fact there are many other teams in the L that can use the same exact logic. They are also more seasoned than many think they are, when you consider the age and experience of many of their core players. Bagrnani is really the only player with lots of potential yet to be reached.

3. They lost to the Nets in 6 even though they had homecourt and NJ was without their starting center and only veteran gaurd off the bench. In the process NJ exposed their lack of rebounding and defense. Two major weaknesses.

4. They have not made any significant additions to the team, nor did they have a draft pick. They added role players in Delfino and Kapono, to replace role players, and only added to their plethora of shooters. While they may be deeper on the wings, they still do not have a star there. Their major weaknesses.. rebounding and defense they failed to address at all.

Overall, I think Toronto will struggle to make the playoffs as a .500 team.

I watched basically every raptor game (live near TO) and I agree with all that is said here. I think they overachieved last year and didn't address major issues. Despite the coach of they year (which is always given to a team that shows improvement...might as well be called 'coach of the most improved team or team that was to suck but was ok..like when Doc Rivers won it)...I think Mitchell is a problem as well. Next year will be the year I think the Raps get a lot better, but this year, knowing the Celts will take a playoff spot in the east, that means to me, TO, ORL, MIL, NY will be fighting for 8th. Charlotte will be a potential surprise too....hell even Indy with a healthy JO and new coach.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #83
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You're not making anyone look stupid other than yourself.

Dwade coming back just before the playoffs has everything to do with that sweep.

Furthermore it doesn't mean **** if you sweep someone in the first round and still can't get out of the second, while nearly getting swept in the process.

When it's 2 outta your 3 best players 2nd time in the playoff's... getting to the second round is a success with a team averaging an age of 24. Deuces your a h.ater, i would love to hear what team your a fan of... ***.git
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #84
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

the Atlantic last season was probably the weakest its ever been in history.

now its one of the most exciting divisions in the league.

gonna be interesting to see Boston and a healthy NJ duke it out.
NY and Toronto will be in the running with about 5 other teams for the 6-8th seeds.

Last edited by AI Nuggets3 : 09-09-2007 at 02:42 PM.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #86
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

1. Chicago
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Detroit
5. Toronto
6. New Jersey
7. Washington
8. Miami

9. Milwuakee

Is how I see it shaking down. Miami will go higher if Shaq can actually stay healthy for the full year, but honestly at this stage of his career, how likely is that?
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #87
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

yeah. detroit is getting no respect in these rankings. we are without a doubt a top 3 team in the east. and we own chicago. like deuce said, gordon is a mismatch on D and rip/chauncey will tear him apart.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote