Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
cangoods
I brick open layups

Default Tired of this Celtics Mess

I am so sick and tired of everyone acting like the celtics have all but won a title already. They have the same number of wins as we do .. ZERO .. and have to play the same number of games. Their big 3 has ZERO championships combined, and none of them may play all 82 games.

Just a couple points, as far as matchups the old celtics scared me more than the new celtics. The knicks thepast couple years have more trouble with the scrappy and young teams (charlotte, sixers, and "old celtics"), than teams with super stars.

When philly had inverson, we played them well. we play Lebron and the cavs well, even Miami we are competitive with.

The bobcats have our number, and so did the sixers after they traded iverson, and for the past 3 yeas you could almost mark any celtics game down as a loss, because they have killed us.

I am not saying teh celtics dont have talent, but the knicks play top heavy teams better than we play scrappy 1-12 teams.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Tired of this Celtics Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangoods
I am so sick and tired of everyone acting like the celtics have all but won a title already. They have the same number of wins as we do .. ZERO .. and have to play the same number of games. Their big 3 has ZERO championships combined, and none of them may play all 82 games.

Just a couple points, as far as matchups the old celtics scared me more than the new celtics. The knicks thepast couple years have more trouble with the scrappy and young teams (charlotte, sixers, and "old celtics"), than teams with super stars.

When philly had inverson, we played them well. we play Lebron and the cavs well, even Miami we are competitive with.

The bobcats have our number, and so did the sixers after they traded iverson, and for the past 3 yeas you could almost mark any celtics game down as a loss, because they have killed us.

I am not saying teh celtics dont have talent, but the knicks play top heavy teams better than we play scrappy 1-12 teams.

- Cangoods

u make good points as far as the celtics and how we lose to maybe lesser teams. but i seriously think that the knicks will be more hungry in every game, because there comes a point that guys are just sick of losing. the knicks will not be losing forever. i think the knicks are goin to come out and be hungry for every game they play. but im not goin to front tho the celtics will be a problem this up-coming year but the problem with them is that they have like a 2-3 year window to really do somethin. because there three key guys are all 30+ i think. but i will be payin attention to that team tho.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

KG with Sprewell, Cassell, and practically no one else on the team: what was it? like 55-60 wins in the Western Conference?

KG with Pierce, Allen, and practically no one else on the team: probably around 60 wins in the L-Eastern Conference

Sorry but the 3rd most talented player in the league alongside one of the greatest shooters of our generation, and an older wiser, and more well rounded Carmello Anthony has to make some noise.

oh and brooklynchild, we have a young team, if anything the Celtics stars are tired of losing and they realize that they have a 3 year window to do something. So really, shouldn't they be that team that will come out hungry 82 games out of the year?

And don't say, "Well I just really have this feeling that the Knicks are gonna want it more."
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
KG with Sprewell, Cassell, and practically no one else on the team: what was it? like 55-60 wins in the Western Conference?

KG with Pierce, Allen, and practically no one else on the team: probably around 60 wins in the L-Eastern Conference

Sorry but the 3rd most talented player in the league alongside one of the greatest shooters of our generation, and an older wiser, and more well rounded Carmello Anthony has to make some noise.

oh and brooklynchild, we have a young team, if anything the Celtics stars are tired of losing and they realize that they have a 3 year window to do something. So really, shouldn't they be that team that will come out hungry 82 games out of the year?

And don't say, "Well I just really have this feeling that the Knicks are gonna want it more."

I agree 100%.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

The only part of this thread that I don't get is.......

No one has annointed the C's champions on our board , or even on the main board.

Nobody.

But Pierce, KG, Ray Allen and 12 d-league players for a year or two is light years above the Knicks right now.

That teams is built to win right now, the Knicks are not.

And a far as the way they are constructed.....

Those are three of the most unselfish players in the L that all can take over a game.

The one to watch out for is Paul Pierce.

Rarely does a team give a player an opportunity to win like this.

If the C's don't win 55+, I would truly be shocked.

The C's can win 40 games with Pierce alone.

No way anyone can hate on them.

If these players were on the Knicks, the outlook would be totally different.

We would be talking championships, nothing less.

So let the C's do their thing. I wish them the best.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

what people aren't realizing through the madness and shock that I'm still in that the deal actually happened is that (with the exception of pierce) not only are these guys extremely talented but KG and Allen are 2 of the most unselfish superstars in the NBA. They pass, they can defer if another guy is hot and they can score score score from multiple areas on the court. This is a huge test for the coaching staff of Boston because this is the easiest lineup to successfully implement an inside out offensive scheme I've ever seen in my 22 yrs of watching basketball. One of the best pf in basketball history and the prettiest jump shot ive ever seen in my life on the same team? I'm not guaranteeing a championship but these guys are no hoax. The Knicks might want to make some more trades just to make the playoffs because they are serious! Especially since they have Posey also now. We made a nice acquisition but so did a lot of other team. Ppl are sleeping on NJ. Dwight Howard looked awesome in FIBA play (i know its different but still).We have our work cut out 4 us.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

As much as the Knicks may have an inside scorer in Curry, a mid-range gamer in Zach, who is the outside guy? Those two should be consistent. But the Knicks don't have that consistent guy from 18+.

Then there is the defense factor. I hope they learn to play some "D".

Bottom line......The Celtics have geared up to win now. Too obvious to see.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

It's rare that a bunch of great players suddenly get thrown together. The Celtics could rock, but until they develop chemistry I'll assume they're going to be pretty good, but not great. And "pretty good" doesn't win titles.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
cangoods
I brick open layups

i have ro respond to some of these posts.

First off Minn was already a playoff team when they added cassell and sprewell and gave up vitually nothing. Celtics were one of the worst teams in the league last year, Uprooted their entire team, its more than merely adding two players.

apples and oranges. Now i will admit KG, and Allen are more talented than Cassell and Spree, but one thing you cant neglect is that both spree and Cassell were big game players who had there best games when it mattered. Cassell had 2 rings, and spree had a finals appearence when he came.

How many finals appearances do any of the big 3 have between them, how many rings ? ZERO. How many times have each of these guys came up lame or mediocre in a big playoff series, or deciding game.

Last thing i want to add to this, is there is no way all 3 of these guys stay healthy all year, and if you have 2 of them healthy by the playoffs i would concider yourself lucky.

This team has the hands down top 3, but its still a flawed team, and not a championship caliber team yet.

Celts dont scare me. in the words of our commander and chief ...

"BRING IT ON!!!"

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: