Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Kobe should Sit Out

Quote:
according to basketball reference Kobe Bryant has made $107,594,865 in his professional basketball career
I know hes probably spent around 20-30 million so far in his career but still that'll leave him with about 80 million he still has(unless he is throwing millions away weekly):)

If I were him I'd sit out for the LAL,and take the team to court in order to have my contract terminated,id even pay up to 20 million just so I can be a free agent unless they actually go out and bring in some all-star talent to help me or im quitting.

its too late to do this now for this year but it would be revolutionary for NBA to have a player take a team to court to have his contract terminated if they cant trade him,it will show NBA GM's and owners that its actually the players who run the team and without a star player the team loses money due to poor ticket sales and other setbacks
this basically would make GM's think extra hard when their team is losing and their star is disgruntled

in the NBA,star players(in their prime) are usually irreplaceable because few first round picks come into the NBA and immediately become stars compared to the NFL where when a star leaves,they use their first rounder to replace them
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kobe should Sit Out

there was a thread on this yesterday... and everyone came to the same conclusion... DUMB IDEA

kobe sits out and then what? no1 shows up to see the lakers? are you kidding me? couple hundred empty seats, TOPS.

and why would kobe risk the chance of getting injured without a contract? why lose millions of fans because of his selfish actions?

if he really wants out, he should just waive his no-trade clause and asked to be moved anywhere. no GM would see the ponit in accepting kobe if they didn't have a team in place that had a chance at going deep in the playoffs... why put up with that headache? he moves elsewhere, lakers have a chance at getting a solid package...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
ibricklayups
Banned

ibricklayups has an OK reputation so far

he's not that of a cry baby. this will just add another negative reputation to his name.
ibricklayups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oneways alter ego...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Dumb idea. And even if Kobe does try that, the judge is just gunna laugh in his face. Kobe does not have that much power. He agreed to sign the contract regardless whether the Lakers would make other big moves or not. And Kobe did have the chance to sign with the Clippers, who were a much more talented squad, and not to mention that he would ahve had the chance to completely turn a lowley Clippers franchise completely around, much more than the 05-06 winning season. Brand, Maggette, Kobe, Kaman, and Livingston would have been amazing.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
I know hes probably spent around 20-30 million so far in his career but still that'll leave him with about 80 million he still has(unless he is throwing millions away weekly)

you missed the big costs.

california state taxes take in 9.3%, and uncle sam takes in 35%. after those 44% charges plus his agent fees and the legal fees he had to pay for the colorado case, he isn't worth anywhere close to a $100m yet. probably only about 1/3rd of that. also, he spent another 2-3 million on a diamond ring after he cheated on his wife.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

"If I were him I'd sit out for the LAL,and take the team to court in order to have my contract terminated,i"

Uh...being on a crappy team is not grounds for termination of a legal contract. If anything sitting out would open him up to a breach of contract lawsuit (though the Lakers are very unlikely to pursue such a option).

Last edited by Valliant13 : 09-06-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

^^it would be funny though
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: