Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
darkofan
Banned

darkofan has an OK reputation so far
Default It's official: Darko is a retard - Serbia eliminated, he's fined 10000 EUROS

You never thought to hear it from me, did you?

Well, I have made up my mind, definitely.

The occasion? Well, for starters, my home country's national team, Serbia, got eliminated last night by Israel (WTF!??) from the European Championship in Spain with three losses, zero victory. We are officially today at the bottom of the list of European teams. Five years ago we were world champions in Indiannapolis, where we beat the USA in the quarterfinals and Argentina in the finals.

We did lack our best players - our team that DIDN'T PLAY included Peja, Krstic, Radmanovic, Pavlovic and Rakocevic amongst others, but we had Darko at center and one of Europe's top schooters Milan Gurovic, leading a bunch of 8 first timers in the national team, a fairly young group. We didn't suck in the preparations. At all.

How did the new Memphis Grizzly do? The title of my post sums it up nicely, but it need elaboration.

1. In the course of the last two months, from the begginning of the preparations, he was constantly giving stupid statements, boasting that Serbia had a young fearless squad that is going to take everyone by the balls, gave idiotic nationalist statements, was spotted on multiple occasions at 3 AM in downtown Belgrade (that's our capital city) in his fancy car, never stopped talking about referees (in an interview he said "I don't like the referees. -Why? -Because they're bad persons. They just want to mess you up." ???)

He was our best player in the preparations though.

But then came the Euro and the first game against Kirilenko's Russia. Darko played probably the worst game of his life (for the national team) and displayed a wide range of stupid, retarded moves and decisions in offense - since we are deprived of our best players, he's suddenly the go-to-guy. Now, for some weird reason - I suspect it's because he has bulked up considerably, he's bigger than ever - his offensive moves don't include fadeaway jumpers and double step penetrations anymore (he used to use them in Japan last year pretty effectively); all he does is taking the ball and going to the basket without any finesse, just relying on his physique. It's now working very well and the Russians constantly double teamed him.

Darko just like missed badly or made a turnover on nearly every occasion, completely disrupting the offensive rythm of his team and not showing any remorse. In defense, he was a non-factor. AK killed us (he's averaging 17,7 pts, 14 rebs and 2 blocks so far).

The second game against Greece Darko was better, but still made countless stupid decisions and acted generally like a punk. We lost in overtime after some questionnable refereeing and in front of the locker room, Darko cursed loudly at the refs, saying "How the hell they think they are these ****ers, They can suck my dick, I will ****ing kill them, this Italian, I hear he has a daughter, I will **** her too". It made the headlines everywhere (see article below)

Here's the video, he's actually saying this in the camera of a Serbian TV station, he's a crazy ****. http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...nemous-tirade/

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...nemous-tirade/

and people in Serbia found their new villain.

FIBA fined him 10000 EUR falling short of disqualifying his ass from the tournament (they should have), after he apologized that he was "emotional after the poor refereeing and the lost game and he did not know what he was talking about". Pathetic.

In the third game, despite his solid stats (he averaged 14,7 points and just under 10 rebs along with 3 blocks per game), we were eliminated by Israel and posted the worst result in our country's history since 1947. After having previously said that we could even aim for the gold, Darko said "This is the maximum of this team."

Conclusion:

The guy is a serious, unrecoverable head case. Had he not been one, he would be an all star today. He would use his physical and other assets to the best and be a 18/10/3 player at the age of 22.

Instead, he uses 40 % of what he can do, makes poor decisions, does not try hard enough, badmouths the referees, can't score in other ways than bullying opponents into the basket, can't hit two free throws in a row, is less effective in shotblocking because he's been hitting weights, does not care and does not hide it, never smiles during the game and plainly seems to be evolving into a BAD PERSON.

I never thought I would say this, but I have been amazed with how he has regressed in the past year. He was very good last summer in Japan, but he just seems lost in his head. Needs a serious mentor, but I doubt he will find one. The grizzlies are mad for paying him 7M per year, after this debacle at the Euro, people here hate him and for a good reason. I simply think he is mentally limited to reach his potential.

There, I said it. I'm not sad for Serbia because we need to rebuild. When we bring Krstic to play alongside Darko in two years - we did not qualify for the Olympics needless to say - it will be better. But our U-16, U-18, U-19 and U-21 national teams are European and World champions this summer (four gold medals, a record) and we have a bright future. I just hope that our new talents will have more brains and heart than Darko.

Last edited by darkofan : 09-06-2007 at 05:08 PM.
darkofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: It's official: Darko is a retard - Serbia eliminated, he's fined 10000 EUROS

So basically you're saying he's going to be a star in the NBA now?
reppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: It's official: Darko is a retard - Serbia eliminated, he's fined 10000 EUROS

ouch, bad news for the Grizzlies :
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Wait a second. I think I understood a couple of words he said. Peetchka means fock and Govna means sh!t.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #5
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

where can we get a full translation?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

See, I told you Joe Dumars. Darko is a retard and has no basketball I.Q. Darko should be benched when he plays for Memphis!!!

Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Wait a second. I think I understood a couple of words he said. Peetchka means fock and Govna means sh!t.

"Picka" means p-ssy and "jebem" means f-ck.

As for Govna, dunno.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Darko has finally been americanized.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #9
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
"Picka" means p-ssy and "jebem" means f-ck.

As for Govna, dunno.

yeah, that's right. Picka temate, means your Mom's pu$$y or fock your Mom's pu$$y right??? Just wondering.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Well, we got rid of him for Rodney Stuckey. I think we made the right move.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #11
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

darkofan, you should be pretty excited about the basketball future of your country, and maybe just look away from the present.

As you mentioned, Serbia pretty much dominated every other tourney in Spain this summer. U-16, U-18, U-19 & U-20 champions. Maybe as unprecedented as the ugly showing Serbia had in this tourney. And yes, despite missing some players (especially at U19 and U20) USA also participated in those tourneys

Not only that, but Serbian had MVP's in each of those tourneys except in the U-19, where despite Kosta Koufos being very deserving, Milan Macvan could have very well been the MVP hadn't that fiasco game against Lithuania happened. Milos Teodosic, Dejan Musli and Milan Macvan were pretty much unstoppable at their respective stages.

Really, as ugly as the Serbian team is looking right now, Serbia has probably one of the brightest futures in basketball.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sorry bud.

There has always been something wrong with Darko. I could never put my finger on it... but maybe he's just mentally weak and breaks down under the pressure?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #13
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

What a disgrace...ROFL who the hell says these kinds of things in front of all those reporters...this guys mentally ill..
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 AM   #14
darkofan
Banned

darkofan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
darkofan, you should be pretty excited about the basketball future of your country, and maybe just look away from the present.

As you mentioned, Serbia pretty much dominated every other tourney in Spain this summer. U-16, U-18, U-19 & U-20 champions. Maybe as unprecedented as the ugly showing Serbia had in this tourney. And yes, despite missing some players (especially at U19 and U20) USA also participated in those tourneys

Not only that, but Serbian had MVP's in each of those tourneys except in the U-19, where despite Kosta Koufos being very deserving, Milan Macvan could have very well been the MVP hadn't that fiasco game against Lithuania happened. Milos Teodosic, Dejan Musli and Milan Macvan were pretty much unstoppable at their respective stages.

Really, as ugly as the Serbian team is looking right now, Serbia has probably one of the brightest futures in basketball.

The problem is we are dominating youth tournaments for the last decade in more or less similar fashion, but these young stars are not able to live up to their talent on the senior level.

While Macvan and Teodosic are nice players, they are not NBA caliber, they have European stile (which is maybe better for us).

Nemanja Aleksandrov (born in 1987) was one of the greatest talents in Europe until two years ago, when he injured his knee. Now nobody's talking about him.

Musli has NBA potential, but he's only 16, let's wait and see.

The Greek Koufos is locked to be a no. 1 pick in two or three years, mark my words. I have not seen a big man dominating a competition like he did this summer for a long time. In fact, the last guy who dominated in this way was Darko seven years ago (European cadet championship in Lithuania in 2000 I think). But Koufos is a legit big man, a center and he is good in his head.

BTW govno means ****.

And I repeat, Darko is a retard.
darkofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:24 AM   #15
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

darko should be checked for steroid use. it seems that he had a short fuse.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: