Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 07-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
G.O.P
I airball my layups

G.O.P has an OK reputation so far
Default Thoughts on GP wanting to return

I just wanna know what the rest'a y'all think on Payton wantin to come back next season. Personally, I think he should just retire ... Watchin him at certain parts of games was nothin short of ugly, and caused me to do this

Last edited by G.O.P : 07-17-2006 at 03:06 PM.
G.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
dtheck
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dtheck has an OK reputation so far

I'm split down the center.. he messed up so many times during the playoffs(Talking to a ref while the ball was actually being played)---but then the big shots he hit which I'm sure no one can forget. I love the Glove and it sure is great having him around as a mentor for the younger guys. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay another year, but if he goes out on top with the 'ship..I gotta understand that too.
dtheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

i think hes too old and greedy for more. one ring took him that long, just retire glove.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

It's straight.

Keep the cohesion. Don't want him playing full time back up minutes, though. Would be nice brining in cheap combo guard/ball handler ala Eddie House or Tony Delk.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

he has had a big drop off, he is not what he was even when he was with the Celts, age has really hurt him, don't know if he'd be a good backup at this point...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
muggsy
I Hit Open Layups

muggsy has an OK reputation so far

i think his experience till speaks alot. im not the biggest fan of him but hey till enjoyed him playin n umm his team did win the championship so my thinking is u ALWAYS BRING BACK THE SAME TEAM TO DEFEND, they did win it all basically as a team n payton was part of that so id say keep him as well as everyone else, if they dun win next season, maybe then or if they do worse but yeh
muggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seeing GP with the Lakers, it was clear that his skills have dropped off A LOT as he has gotten older.

However, he has NEVER been a slacker and has worked his a$$ off and has tried to contribute.

Personally, like Zo, I would like to see them go out on top with a ring. I think thats a much better feeling to have in life, than to go for a second attempt and possibly lose.

So, I would like to see him retire on top. I think he would be happier for the rest of his life because of it!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

i would like to see both GP and Zo continue to play the game as long as their hearts desire.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #9
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Who's the vocal leader on your guys' team? It seems like Wade is a quiet one and prefers to lead by example on the court. Shaq is the anchor down low, but does he fire up anyone at halftime or time-outs? From my perspective, it looks like Payton is the only real vocal leader...
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:20 AM   #10
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

I still would like to have him out there for a good 15 mins a night because even though he is old he still has a very high IQ of the game and scoring is what we really need anyways from a guy like House.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #11
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

praneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.P
I just wanna know what the rest'a y'all think on Payton wantin to come back next season. Personally, I think he should just retire ... Watchin him at certain parts of games was nothin short of ugly, and caused me to do this

GP deserves 1 more year. he is going to show wade how to play some d. Plus he is a veteran and made that shot against the mavs that won the game. one more year for the vets min wont hurt them at all. He gave that team a lot, reward the guy riles c'mon. He is old, but they are a slow down team, plus he know how to play with shaq, which will make matters a little better. He can play both guard spots, and is minimal risk.
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: