Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 AM   #16
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fact or Fiction: T-Mac is NOT a top-3 Small Forward

Quote:
Then again, Pierce isn't doing extraordinarily well in that department either as of late, so that evens it up a little bit.
You must be joking.

A chronic injury case versus a guy who didn't miss a game when he was stabbed and missed four (4) games in the last five years before sitting out half the year on an obviously tanking team.

Come now, you're better than that.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #17
Moderation

Fiction. He is 3rd. He could climb to 2nd if he has a healthy year and houson does well.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #18
Valiant Valor
Banned

Valiant Valor has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I'd give Tmac top 3 if it weren't for his health problems. Then again, Pierce isn't doing extraordinarily well in that department either as of late, so that evens it up a little bit. I'd trust him to stay healthy more than Mac though. And yet, with both healthy, I have to go with Tmac.

And, as people have pointed out, Tmac is not a SF. I don't get why people never seem to realize this.
Uh, maybe because that's where he's been OFFICIALLY listed since he came into the league.
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He has officially been voted as a guard to the All-Star game and officially listed as a guard in Houston Rockets boxscores.

What kind of official evidence do you have that overrides NBA.com? Not being a deuche, I'm seriously wondering.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #20
Valiant Valor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderation
Fiction. He is 3rd. He could climb to 2nd if he has a healthy year and houson does well.
Uh, Houston had a good year plus he stayed healthy last season and he's still not top-3 in my book.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #21
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
Uh, Houston had a good year plus he stayed healthy last season and he's still not top-3 in my book.
Read Make it Rain's post and then re-think your position. If those fact-based, unbiased replies don't compel you to elevated McGrady to at least number two, I don't know what's wrong with you.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #22
Valiant Valor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
He has officially been voted as a guard to the All-Star game and officially listed as a guard in Houston Rockets boxscores.

What kind of official evidence do you have that overrides NBA.com? Not being a deuche, I'm seriously wondering.
Uh, what All-Star game has he been voted in over Kobe and Nash?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #23
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Like a lot of people have said i consider T-Mac a guard, but in comparison to the others you listed I put him right after LeBron when 100%.

1. LeBron
2. 100% T-Mac
3. Carmello
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:33 AM   #24
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Dude, in 2003 and 2004 he started at guard in the All-Star game. In 2002 he was voted as a guard. These are both per NBA.com. Try thinking back more than, you know, three years.

He's also made All-NBA teams as a guard and was listed at guard for the Rockets last year. What more do you want?

Still waiting on this "official evidence" that convincingly overrides NBA.com.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #25
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Not if you don't take the FIBAs into account. You could make a case for Anthony being a better scorer but the difference between him and Pierce is that he takes over four more shots a game for about three more points. Pierce is a better rebounder, passer, neither are difference makers on defense, and Pierce has actually shown the ability to lead a team. He's not clearly better than Paul Pierce.

Oh, and I'm saying fiction.

It's true that these FIBA competitions do help Melo's popularity, as its a national display of his talent where all (well most of us) are cheering for him because he's on all of our team. But as a person that watches all of his games, I and the others like me have seen him even more amazing in the NBA. He's just as consistent there. He's just not in the national spotlight like a Lebron or Kobe... and Im sure you know that everybody has loved to hate him for whatever reason (the brawl, the stop snitching thing, or being Lebron/Wade/Bosh lovers) and without worrying about his actual oncourt impact. The rookie/soph games, the allstar games, the FIBA games when he's on neutral ground, he excels as everybody does get to see what he's about.

But these FIBA games don't show much more than his stats in the NBA does, just that everybody gets to see his impact. And right now he's a better player than Pierce or Tmac. Though its not by that much. And if I were a Pierce or Tmac fan, I would certainly think my guy was better. Especially since, again, Melo isn't hyped, televised a lot and not heavily showcased on SC and because both other guys are also in the conversation for top 10. And I too consider Tmac a sg
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #26
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

I see what you're saying, Geeze; I'm cool with people saying Anthony is better. But to act like he's learly, no-brainer better than Paul Pierce is just ignorant. It's definitely arguable.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #27
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

-Tracy McGrady's first three seasons with Toronto, he was primerly a back up small foward.

-In Orlando he played the shooting guard (all four seasons).

-His first season in Houston, he played small foward (he even started at SF in the All-Star game and made the All-NBA team as a foward)

-His past 2 seasons, he has played 2 guard.

As you can see, Tracy McGrady has made his name by being a shooting guard.

So the answer to the question is fiction since (recently) his main position isn't a small foward.

Last edited by L.Kizzle : 09-07-2007 at 02:46 AM.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #28
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

T-Mac is a top 4 shooting guard.

Career Starts G- 377, F-166
Starts Last Year G-70, F- 1
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #29
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
-Tracy McGrady's first three seasons with Toronto, he was primerly a back up small foward.

-In Orlando he played the shooting guard (all four seasons).

-His first season in Houston, he played small foward (he even started at SF in the All-Star game and made the All-NBA team as a foward)

-His past 2 seasons, he has played 2 guard.

As you can see, Tracy McGraday has made his name by being a shooting guard.

So the answer to the question is fiction since (recently) his main position isn't a small foward.

100% correct
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:49 AM   #30
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You must be joking.

A chronic injury case versus a guy who didn't miss a game when he was stabbed and missed four (4) games in the last five years before sitting out half the year on an obviously tanking team.

Come now, you're better than that.
Merely replying to the OP's question. I'm assuming his question was: "Assuming T-Mac is a SF, is he Top 3 at that position". But, I also do not think T-Mac is a SF. He's clearly a guard. But to say he's not better than Paul Pierce is ludicrous. A healthy T-Mac is much better than a healthy Pierce is all I was trying to say. Now, if you wanna argue which player is more durable, I'll concede that Pierce wins that department.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: