Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 02:55 AM   #31
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation
Default Re: Fact or Fiction: T-Mac is NOT a top-3 Small Forward

would i be going out on a limb if i were to say pierce > melo ??

Melo has more skill id say, but pierce is just, better? thats my personal opinion...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:42 AM   #32
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
If T-Mac is a SF

1. LeBron
2. T-Mac
3. Melo

Why is Pierce in the talks? He hasn't been a Top 3 SF in a while.

Actually Pierce is top 3 material. He just hasn't been talked about because the Celtics suck and he has been injured. There is a reason he has the nick name "The Truth". Don't get you list of best players because ESPN doesn't talk about them. Pierce is like Kobe in the 4th when he wants to be.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:51 AM   #33
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Actually Pierce is top 3 material. He just hasn't been talked about because the Celtics suck and he has been injured. There is a reason he has the nick name "The Truth". Don't get you list of best players because ESPN doesn't talk about them. Pierce is like Kobe in the 4th when he wants to be.
Two years ago. 79 games played. No playoffs. This is the East, by the way, and in the Atlantic. No excuses for that. There are certain physical aspects of Pierce's game that I've always disliked. For a swingman, he's rather slow and his ballhandling ability is average at best in comparison with the league's premier swingmen. And by the way, that last sentence doesn't make sense. Who the fuck doesn't want to excel in the fourth? You're saying the games he didn't do well in the 4th were games where he didn't feel like it? What kind of bullshit is that?
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 AM   #34
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Two years ago. 79 games played. No playoffs. This is the East, by the way, and in the Atlantic. No excuses for that. There are certain physical aspects of Pierce's game that I've always disliked. For a swingman, he's rather slow and his ballhandling ability is average at best in comparison with the league's premier swingmen. And by the way, that last sentence doesn't make sense. Who the fuck doesn't want to excel in the fourth? You're saying the games he didn't do well in the 4th were games where he didn't feel like it? What kind of bullshit is that?

Maybe I should have said when he "needs" to. I have been to many blazer games where Paul Pierce caught fire from down town. Sending the whole Rose Garden into shock like a fans worst nightmare. It's funny how when Wade got hurt suddenly he isn't elite anymore. Now that Paul Pierce isn't in the playoffs every year and all the Lebron hype in the east, Pierce is not one of the leagues top players. That is bull****.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:12 AM   #35
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Maybe I should have said when he "needs" to. I have been to many blazer games where Paul Pierce caught fire from down town. Sending the whole Rose Garden into shock like a fans worst nightmare. It's funny how when Wade got hurt suddenly he isn't elite anymore. Now that Paul Pierce isn't in the playoffs every year and all the Lebron hype in the east, Pierce is not one of the leagues top players. That is bull****.
What has Pierce done anyway? In the weak Eastern Conference, has he been to an NBA Finals? I think not. And who said Wade wasn't elite?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:24 AM   #36
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Well Iverson and Kidd have no rings so they aren't top players? Pierce made a push with the Celtics when they had players. He can't carry the Celtics on his back, or don't we all know this by know? *Cough* Kobe Bryant...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:26 AM   #37
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Well Iverson and Kidd have no rings so they aren't top players? Pierce made a push with the Celtics when they had players. He can't carry the Celtics on his back, or don't we all know this by know? *Cough* Kobe Bryant...
I said Pierce hasn't been to an NBA Finals. Where did I talk about rings????? Both Iverson and Kidd have been to the Finals at least once. Please read so I don't have to re-clarify. The point is Pierce has been in the weak East his whole damn career. And no Finals. LeBron's been in the league 4 years and already has a Finals appearance. And Kobe has 3 rings. Don't know why you brought him up.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:57 AM   #38
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

fact

t-mac is a shooting guard (a top 3 shooting guard)

Last edited by Shep : 09-07-2007 at 05:01 AM.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 AM   #39
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
I said Pierce hasn't been to an NBA Finals. Where did I talk about rings????? Both Iverson and Kidd have been to the Finals at least once. Please read so I don't have to re-clarify. The point is Pierce has been in the weak East his whole damn career. And no Finals. LeBron's been in the league 4 years and already has a Finals appearance. And Kobe has 3 rings. Don't know why you brought him up.

Do you think Lebron went through some struggle in the east? I'm saying Pierce has lead his team far. Biggest 4th quarter come back in playoff history in the Eastern Conference finals. Has a long list of Celtic franchise records, a team that has 16 championships, those records must be impressive. Not to mention he's had messed around and had a triple double his fair share of times.

Don't degrade a superstar. He has accomplished more the LaBrick.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:13 AM   #40
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Do you think Lebron went through some struggle in the east? I'm saying Pierce has lead his team far. Biggest 4th quarter come back in playoff history in the Eastern Conference finals. Has a long list of Celtic franchise records, a team that has 16 championships, those records must be impressive. Not to mention he's had messed around and had a triple double his fair share of times.

Don't degrade a superstar. He has accomplished more the LaBrick.
The Detroit Pistons is better than any team Pierce has ever met in the playoffs.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 AM   #41
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tracy_mcgrady/index.html

Tracy McGrady
Forward - Guard

Notice Forward is listed first.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #42
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

Kobe's titles won't count cause Shaq won them for him.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #43
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tracy_mcgrady/index.html

Tracy McGrady
Forward - Guard

Notice Forward is listed first.

So? nba.com also lists Zach Randolph at 215 pounds and lists Eddy Curry as both a forward and a center. T-Mac is a guard first, forward second everyone knows that.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 AM   #44
Valiant Valor
Banned

Valiant Valor has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
So? nba.com also lists Zach Randolph at 215 pounds and lists Eddy Curry as both a forward and a center. T-Mac is a guard first, forward second everyone knows that.
I don't.
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #45
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Except for the NBA, apparently. But then again, the NBA can't compare to the knowledge of ISH, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: