Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
AAD
I brick open layups

AAD has an OK reputation so far
Default Nick Young VS Rodney Stuckey

which player is better because detroit passed up on nick young for stuckey so which player is better
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nick Young VS Rodney Stuckey

Haven't seen enough of either to give a truly accurate player evaluation but....

Seems to be a matter of preference between the two. If you like the Kobe Bryant-type of player you go with Young. If you like the Dwyane Wade-type of player you go with Stuckey.

Please note that I said type. I did not say Young or Stuckey would be as good as either of those guys.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hopefully Stuckey.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

I thought they were both two of the most overrated players drafted in the first round, but I could be wrong. I've seen Young play quite a lot and he didn't convince me. But then again how people play iin college doesn't have that much to do with how they'll do in NBA.

My problem with Stuckey was (is) that he is an undersized sg who played against very weak competition. If he can play pg in the NBA he might succeed, but I doubt it.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Chauncey Billups was an undersized SG when he came in. But he showed nowhere near the intensity Stuckey does bringing it to the hoop.

Stuckey will be developed at PG from what I can tell so far. Its good he has guys like Chauncey and Lindsey Hunter to help him along the way.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

A lot of people think that Stuckey will be a top 5 player from this draft. He's a 6'5 combo guard. He can run the point pretty well and he has good size for a SG. Stuckey's my bet.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6'5" isn't too undersized for a SG, especially one that will rely on penetration as opposed to trying to get his shot off against taller defender. THe question will be who can he guard.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #8
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Billups played in a good conference and had faced some good competition. And even though he scored a lot and didn't get that many assists in college, he was more of a pg than Stuckey is.

Stuckey could be big enough to play sg. He was taller than I expected in pre draft measurements. 6'3.75 without shoes, 6'4.5 with shoes.

I'm not saying Stuckey won't be good, just that there are lots of unknowns. He played only against two decent teams last year, and only 4 minutes in one of those games.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I trust Joe Dumars.

Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently an unusually large amount of GMs have been complimenting Joe on Rodney and Amir after they got to see them in action during the summer. ESPN Magazine even did a piece praising Amir.

Obviously I'm excited and have a subjective viewpoint so we'll see.

By the way Rodney is a solid 6'4 not 6'5.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #10
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Nick young will probably get more playing time because of the lack of depth on the wizards bench, but I think Stuckey is the better player from what I saw in summer league but I need to see them both play a significant amount of minutes before I stick to my judgement just yet...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The next Dwyane Wade in this years NBA Draft Class

Rodney " Rocketman" Stuckey, He will be one of the best SG in this years NBA Rookies. Base on what i have read and seen he is a D-Wade type of player that will surely make a quick impact in the aging Pistons roster. The Pistons will probably give him enough playing time in his rookie season and less than 2 years from now he might be replacing Chauncey Billups in the starting lineup for this team, who need to build their team around their young guns Amir Johnson, Jason Maxiell and Rodney Stuckey.

Rodney is a Tremendous scorer with excellent body strength … Has the ability to play both guard positions, with solid ball handling and passing ability, that he can use in creating some shoots for his teammates.

In Eastern Washington he prove that he is a guard that is very good at driving to the basket and creating some space. Overall, he Has a solid mid range game with a good pull up shot off the dribble

Sophomore Season in the NCAA

24.6 PPG | 5.5 APG | 4.7 RPG, | 2.4 SPG

Freshmen Season in the NCAA

24.2 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 4.1 APG, 2.2 SPG

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=22937

2007 Summer League Stats

19.0 ppg, 46% fg, 4.0 rbpg, 2.6 APG

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/...rodney_stuckey

Quote:

Stuckey played college basketball at Eastern Washington University. As a sophomore, he averaged 24.6 points, 5.5 assists, 4.7 rebounds, and 2.4 steals per game. Against Portland State, he scored a season high 36 points. In his sophomore season, he had nine 30-point games and three 10 assist games. He had a career high 7 steals against Idaho.

In only two seasons, he scored 1,438 points, made 983 point field goals, collected 279 rebounds, dished out 283 assists, and collected 145 steals.

His favorite NBA player is Dwyane Wade and he wears number three in his honor.

Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g0b2T-2ybs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyi6W...elated&search=

Last edited by Lebron23 : 09-07-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #12
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

I was pysched when i saw we drafted Stuckey.....
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Chauncey Billups was an undersized SG when he came in. But he showed nowhere near the intensity Stuckey does bringing it to the hoop.

Stuckey will be developed at PG from what I can tell so far. Its good he has guys like Chauncey and Lindsey Hunter to help him along the way.

I still think to this day that Chauncey plays more like a SG anyways. His passing has gotten better over the years, and he's shown good leadership, but he'll always be shoot first.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Young makes me really nervous. He has almost no playmaking ability at all, as evidenced by his having more TOs than assists, and while I know he measured well athletically, he never seemed to play all that athletically. His defensive numbers (steals and blocks) are not good, and those are things that good athletes usually excel in even if they're not good defenders. His rebound rate I remember not being bad though, which is usually the other athletic factor.

Stuckey's got a ton of unknowns about his mentality. Whenever you draft a guy that's playing that far ahead of his comp, I always wonder how he'll adjust. He took twice as money shots as the next highest guy on his team. More shots than the next two highest guys combined. He's got numbers that indicate some playmaking, but it's hard to tell what they mean because he's always got that ball. It's fair to say that there's not going to be a good NBA team where Rodney Stuckey's got the ball 75% time. So now you really have to project what he can do without it. I really liked him in the summer league, and he appears to play as athletically as he measures.

I'd rather take my chances with Stuckey at the moment.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

i went to eastern washington university. stuckey came the year after i left but i am very familiar with the level of play in the big sky. It is a WEAK conference, so i hear all of your points that he didnt play against good competition. that being said... i am pretty sure that dumars watched him go up against other draft prospects before he took him with the 15th pick.
all this beign said. the guy can get to the hoop with ease and think he will be able to do the same in the pros. i expect him to average about 10 points a game. he will be a player that can give both billups and hamilton a rest. i wish he would ahve gone elswhere because i am not at all a piston fan, but will be a stuckey fan.

i would rather have stuckey
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: