Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #16
catquickspider
Serious playground baller

catquickspider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe

just pause the video when kobe is under the basket...it looks to be of normal height

I see loki is STILL catching feelings when kobe does something good

"that cant be true "

a pic of the dunk...he still has hops

Last edited by catquickspider : 09-08-2007 at 07:33 PM.
catquickspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #17
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

That rim is 10 ft. Why would it be lower? Even tot he extent of 9.6 or 9.8? And you truly wouldn't be able to tell that off a simple glance. That baseline shot clearly shows the rim looks to be normal height. The angle from the video is kind of deceptive.

That said, incredible dunk. Kobe looks to be in the best shape I've seen in quite awhile. Explosive. Hopefully it translates to a better game this year. Absolutely sick dunk, and it looks like he was doing it in Air Force 1's.

Oh, and Loki ... didn't you make a bet with me and/or someone else that Kobe wouldn't even play for Team USA? That he would make up some excuse and not play, let alone win a Gold Medal?
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #18
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Absolutely flawless windmill.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #19
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Two things:

- When was this video taken?

- That rim looks like it's at 9'6"-9'8" by eye

And is that even Kobe? Hard to tell. Seems like it's him though from the way that he struts afterward, as if he had just won the championship. Typical cocky-a$$ Kobe.
It was taken a couple days ago in Hong Kong.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #20
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Doesn't Kobe's arms look bigger to you guys?

LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #21
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #22
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
pssh what's that bending over thing for?
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #23
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #24
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Yup, rim looks 10 feet there. Kobe clearly still has his hops.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #25
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALakerFan4Life
Doesn't Kobe's arms look bigger to you guys?

Kobe on steroids ?!?! : :)

But seriously, his arms have actually gotten smaller compared to last year. Check pics of him from last summer, where he gained a ton of weight. It's basically that new diet that saw him lose 20 lbs, plus steady lifting and strength training makes his arms look more cut as opposed to bigger due to more muscle mass. Dude right now just looks flat out lean and mean. I mean, to get up that high on a windmill throwdown wearing Air Force 1 Low's ... haha, dude is really striving hard to keep his body @ peak physical condition. Which is great, and shows is work ethic.

Btw, that's Kobe jumping over two dude's back to back. CRAZY. Maybe's he's gonna try and make a cmeback to the dunk contest? ... hahaha

If anyone finds the video of Kobe in Asia back in 1998, he was doing a promotional thing for Adidas. And well, there is video of him doing the "arm in the hoop" dunk before VC did it in the 2000 slam dunk contest. Just FYI. Here, it's in one of these two ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNW3sBT2yLM
Old 09-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #26
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer

^

Kobe playing pocket pool in front of record crowd.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 AM   #27
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

More videos, kids ...

Loki, are you paying attention?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvvdCclKpjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQKDetS0UmU
Old 09-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #28
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its a great dunk but the rim does look a little low. Could just be because the angle is from above though.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:04 AM   #29
VeeCee15
Great young streetballer

VeeCee15 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

How come Kobe has never done a better windmill in the court in a NBA game..in warm ups or wheneveR?

Oh yeah...9.5' rims.

*** u ******s
VeeCee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 AM   #30
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe has had a couple great windmills. Vs the Nets I think. Hd another in 04 I think on the break. I like Kobes windmills more than anyone but VC. Arenas had a nice one once as well.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: