Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-08-2007, 04:15 PM   #16
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default Re: So Kobe got voted in the All-Star game in 1998, as a bench player???

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
i remember him and jordan going at it..he did shoot some long 3s with jordan in his face and actually made some of them. and yeah he didn't play in the 4th, and he was outscoring jordan as of the 3rd quarter.

he prolly didn't listen to his teamates or coach during that game

Nope. I actually made a video of Jordan schooling the hell outta kobe at the 98 all star game before on my old youtube account, and Kobe fans accused me of editing only Jordan scoring clips...whenactually, there were NO clips of Kobe scoring on Jordan AT ALL in that game.

I have the game on tape. Not ONE of Kobe's points came with Jordan guarding him. Not a one. So I'm sorry, you must have remembered wrong about Kobe hitting a three in Jordan's face.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So Kobe got voted in the All-Star game in 1998, as a bench player???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Nope. I actually made a video of Jordan schooling the hell outta kobe at the 98 all star game before on my old youtube account, and Kobe fans accused me of editing only Jordan scoring clips...whenactually, there were NO clips of Kobe scoring on Jordan AT ALL in that game.

I have the game on tape. Not ONE of Kobe's points came with Jordan guarding him. Not a one. So I'm sorry, you must have remembered wrong about Kobe hitting a three in Jordan's face.

bruceblitz?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #18
eurobum
High School Varsity 6th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Nope he was backing up Eddie Jones. The fans just really liked him. I think that was the year he won the dunk contest too. Didn't really deserve to be in the game but luckily afterward he worked on his game enough to make up for it.

my comment was to the ASG, not the regular season. i know he didn't start till the lockout season when eddie jones was shipped to the hornets.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #19
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember Kobe jacking up a 30 footer in this game, went in too. Also had a 360 dunk, caught an alley from KG, and went behind the back self pass and hook shot over Mutombo.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #20
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Im not 100% sure about this but i think that he is not the first 6th man to start in an all star game.
I think Dan Majerle made it as a starter when he was the 6th man on the suns, this doesnt mean that thunder dan wasnt better than the guy in front of him. this is a pointless topic based around someone wanting to give some love for kobe. the more i read insidhoops the more i dont like kobe... . and the truth is that i like kobe and often have his back with arguments with my friends. get off kobe's nuts on here. if you like him then great. but dont try to bring up things like this to make other people realize how great he is.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:58 PM   #21
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Actually, two of Kobe's baskets came with Jordan "guarding him" -- one three-pointer and one two-pointer along the baseline. In both instances Jordan was playing team defense and helping out on penetration/post play and got sucked in, and Kobe received the kick-out and nailed the shot. Jordan didn't really try to recover at all on either shot and basically gave them to him (he never came within 6 feet of Kobe on either shot attempt since he didn't care). Not that Kobe can't (or couldn't have) hit a shot on Jordan -- of course he could have. He just didn't in that game.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #22
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
The internet makes me feel old.

while stating nothing that leads to the contribution towards this thread - you post this unneeded trash...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:05 PM   #23
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:

They say Kobe fans are insecure Making videos to try to make a 19 year old player look bad
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #24
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

this crap is so hilarious. it's like a press release thats written by a third world country. Like this is a how an English press release would look at Laos or something.

Jordan cannot scored 70 points in an NBA Ball game - FACT
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #25
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #26
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Was that the year that Kobe waived off a Karl Malone pick? I never forgave him for that.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #27
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
They say Kobe fans are insecure Making videos to try to make a 19 year old player look bad

Yeah but unlike how you clowns try to make it out to be, it wasn't like Jordan was in his prime either. The man was THIRTY FIVE in the video.

Ask any average joe over 35

"when were you in better shape, when were you a better athlete? 19 years old or 35 years old?"

And Elite, even though Poseidon has overtaken you for the dumbest Laker fan on ISH, you're still #2 in my book. *thumbs up*
Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 AM   #28
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Um ok.... David Robinson scored 70, so does that somehow prove Robinson to be superior to Jordan?

And I thought you were a Lebron follower, now you behind Kobe too?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #29
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Um ok.... David Robinson scored 70, so does that somehow prove Robinson to be superior to Jordan?

And I thought you were a Lebron follower, now you behind Kobe too?

Loki = Rational *****

you = I-D-I-O-T
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:18 AM   #30
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
The internet makes me feel old.
It makes me feel young every time BULLs tells me I'm 12
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: