Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #16
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: NBA 2K8 GS Warriors Player Rankings

Monta has a D+ potential? hmm Everybodys rating seems too high
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #17
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

Another flaw 2k8 has yet to address, Live continues to dominate the accuracy of rankings.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #18
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

will 2k ever get the 3pt ratings right? Al Harrington an 86 is even worse than Rip having a 91 last year.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #19
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai
Another flaw 2k8 has yet to address, Live continues to dominate the accuracy of rankings.

Really?

Live 08
Tim Duncan - 91
Gilbert Arenas - 91
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #20
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai
2k's ratings may be high, but they are 100x better than Live 08's rankings.
I dont think anyone is going to get over 98 in 2k though.
Kobe - 98
Bron - 97
TD- 96
those are my guesses.
2k's rankings have always been high, but there players styles and statistics have always been accurate.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #21
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I'm not sure what the ratings mean now that they've introduced hotspots. Bruce Bowen will shoot 3's well from the corners but not from the top. But it looks like they will give him one number for 3's on the visible menu even though it's really 5 different numbers.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
who cares about a number? if you actually played 2k Duncan and KG were top 5 players. not in Live.

you could single handedly dominate with Duncan on both ends. they really got that right.

there's one thing they GOTTA fix though. and that's the way your feet were ALWAYS on the line whenever you shot a 3. I'd shoot 20 threes in a game and only 8 would be counted as 3s. one foot on the line. it's absolutely horrible. they could automatically set right behind the line, with all the other unecessary animations they make players do, they could at least set up in the right place. and how is it possible to hit a corner 3 with say Bowen? you either step out or step on the line.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #23
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

It's true that you don't make many 3s from the corners. Maybe they fixed it?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #24
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
who cares about a number? if you actually played 2k Duncan and KG were top 5 players. not in Live.

you could single handedly dominate with Duncan on both ends. they really got that right.

exactly. overall ratings don't mean crap except for the player is well-rounded.

I've explained this a thousand times and people still don't get it.

So here, I'll try it differently.

You have one PF/C who is a monster in the paint. He has great inside scoring, great rebounding, good blocking, and average passing.

Then you have a PF/C who is basically a hybrid. He has good inside scoring, good rebounding, good blocking, good passing, good dribbling, good awareness, good outside shooting, and good stealing.

The second guy will be higher ranked. But if I'm starting a team out, I'll take the first guy because I know I can get points, rebounding, and defense.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #25
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe the person doing the association trained them so their ratings went up? You never know.
Quote:
Live's ratings are complete garbage. Live 06: Kidd - 85, Iverson - 89, Marion - 91.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #26
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

there's one thing they GOTTA fix though. and that's the way your feet were ALWAYS on the line whenever you shot a 3. I'd shoot 20 threes in a game and only 8 would be counted as 3s. one foot on the line. it's absolutely horrible. they could automatically set right behind the line, with all the other unecessary animations they make players do, they could at least set up in the right place. and how is it possible to hit a corner 3 with say Bowen? you either step out or step on the line.

Agreed.

They did fix the problem in College Hoops though.

Quote:
hmm.. a 93 seems a bit high. that means lebron is gonna be a 99 or 100.

tim duncan better be a 100, too.

No one should be a 100. A 100 should be a player that can shoot from the outside, post up, defend, pass and etc.

And the ratings always suck in 2k games. Shannon Brown was a 74 but Bargnani was below 70 (iirc.)

Baron Davis 93? More like a 85 or so.

My Knick ratings would be as follows

PG: Marbury (83) Nate Robinson (74) Mardy Collins (72)
SG: Crawford (79) Fred Jones (69)
SF: Q-Rich (78) Balkman (73) Jeffries (69)
PF: Randolph (85) Lee (78)
C: Curry (82) Rose (70) Chandler (65)
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #27
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Really?

Live 08
Tim Duncan - 91
Gilbert Arenas - 91
Well Arenas is cover boy, so they gotta give him something.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #28
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Agreed.

They did fix the problem in College Hoops though.

No one should be a 100. A 100 should be a player that can shoot from the outside, post up, defend, pass and etc.

And the ratings always suck in 2k games. Shannon Brown was a 74 but Bargnani was below 70 (iirc.)

Baron Davis 93? More like a 85 or so.

My Knick ratings would be as follows

PG: Marbury (83) Nate Robinson (74) Mardy Collins (72)
SG: Crawford (79) Fred Jones (69)
SF: Q-Rich (78) Balkman (73) Jeffries (69)
PF: Randolph (85) Lee (78)
C: Curry (82) Rose (70) Chandler (65)

no thanks...Chandler is w/out a doubt a SF, Rose is w/out a doubt a C. What about Morris? And those are only 13 players, so what about Nichols?

Chandler may be a rookie, but he is the definition of an everything player.

Everything else seems to be pretty good. I could argue for hours for why Mardy Collins should be at least a 75, but i won't.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #29
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far

NBA 2K >>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA Live in everything
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
will 2k ever get the 3pt ratings right? Al Harrington an 86 is even worse than Rip having a 91 last year.
2k Sports crew don't watch basketball. They just go by stats. Al Harrington shot 43%+ from 3.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: