Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default So what should the Kings do? Trade Bibby and Artest and start over? Or keep building

around those two players and Kevin Martin.

or what
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: So what should the Kings do? Trade Bibby and Artest and start over? Or keep building

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
around those two players and Kevin Martin.

or what
This is how i see it.... our only chances of winning a ring is with them both imo. If bibby can be the Bibby of old we have a chance. We just need a dominate PF someone like Elton Brand. Via FA we can be dangerous.

But if thats a pipe dream, then we can always look at getting a Defensive force in the paint a la Camby or Chandler. We could be very good we just need one more piece.

A starting lineup of
Camby
Artest
Cisco
Kevin
Bibby....could be nice
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:38 AM   #3
King_Of_Kings1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

King_Of_Kings1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: So what should the Kings do? Trade Bibby and Artest and start over? Or keep building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
This is how i see it.... our only chances of winning a ring is with them both imo. If bibby can be the Bibby of old we have a chance. We just need a dominate PF someone like Elton Brand. Via FA we can be dangerous.

But if thats a pipe dream, then we can always look at getting a Defensive force in the paint a la Camby or Chandler. We could be very good we just need one more piece.

A starting lineup of
Camby
Artest
Cisco
Kevin
Bibby....could be nice

i want some of what your smoking.... the best perimeter defender in the league at PF

just wait a few years and this lineup will be better:

Hawes
Williams
Garcia
Martin
Douby

thats a good lineup even though its very finese, hopefully petrie gets fired and we bring in a GM who can aquire some toughness... but thats a different thread
King_Of_Kings1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Of_Kings1
i want some of what your smoking.... the best perimeter defender in the league at PF

just wait a few years and this lineup will be better:

Hawes
Williams
Garcia
Martin
Douby

thats a good lineup even though its very finese, hopefully petrie gets fired and we bring in a GM who can aquire some toughness... but thats a different thread
come now thats wat we call a small/fast lineup....or better yet thats the best lineup we could put out there wit camby
Old 09-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
King_Of_Kings1

yeah, your probably right
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I say trade Mike Bibby to the Cavs and Ron Artest to the Heat and get whatever picks or players you can cause the West is getting stronger and the Kings aren't going to win with that team they got. Its time to rebuild it was a nice run while it lasted.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I say trade Mike Bibby to the Cavs and Ron Artest to the Heat and get whatever picks or players you can cause the West is getting stronger and the Kings aren't going to win with that team they got. Its time to rebuild it was a nice run while it lasted.
yeah that makes sense huh?? ....bro we are still committed to winning.. just like the lakers. Why dnt the lakers trade kobe to the bulls and get w.e picks they can??

Because they still feel the can win ball games and so do we
Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #8
King_Of_Kings1

Quote:

i dont think the cavs want bibby anymore....they have gibson who can do everything bibby can plus defense

and im a big artest fan, but i would like to trade him to a contender just so he wont waste his prime in sac.

and the lakers wont trade kobe cause the ticket sales would drop dramatically.....i dont think you can say that about any player on the kings cause we dont have a "superstar"
Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
yeah that makes sense huh?? ....bro we are still committed to winning.. just like the lakers. Why dnt the lakers trade kobe to the bulls and get w.e picks they can??

Because they still feel the can win ball games and so do we

Kobe still has like 4 years and 86 million left on his contract and the Bulls would have to give up part of their starting lineup and bench to get Kobe and plus the Bulls just needed a low post scorer to play next to Ben Wallace in which they signed Joe Smith for and the East is weak so that will better the chances the for the Bulls to win the East, but back to the subject. Do you really see the Kings contending in the West with the roster they got and if they do make the playoffs its one and done in the first round so why not trade Bibby and Artest while teams still want them and while they have value and just let the Kings start over from scratch.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Kobe still has like 4 years and 86 million left on his contract and the Bulls would have to give up part of their starting lineup and bench to get Kobe and plus the Bulls just needed a low post scorer to play next to Ben Wallace in which they signed Joe Smith for and the East is weak so that will better the chances the for the Bulls to win the East, but back to the subject. Do you really see the Kings contending in the West with the roster they got and if they do make the playoffs its one and done in the first round so why not trade Bibby and Artest while teams still want them and while they have value and just let the Kings start over from scratch.
i see where you are coming from BUT!... the maloofs still feel that they can win games with bibby and artest. If we can some how get a better Center more defensive minded like Chandler/Camby/Dalembert we'd be in good shape imo

and our bench really looks good this year. Just Role Players who know their roles and contribute dramatically in their own way. Our bench is better than the lakers but the lakers starting 5 edges us by a thin margin

Salmons
Cisco
Mikkie
SAR
Douby
Justin
Hawes
Shakur ....looks really good when they are 100% healthy and with a new and improved system kings can really go somewhere...Just need to rid ourselves with Miller imo
Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i dont think the cavs want bibby anymore....they have gibson who can do everything bibby can plus defense

That's pretty laughable dude....comparing Bibby with Gibson?
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:16 AM   #12
King_Of_Kings1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
That's pretty laughable dude....comparing Bibby with Gibson?

your right, bibby could never play the defense gibson does

actually bibby is very overated.... his playmaking skills have diminished over the years, he cant lead a team, and when his jumpers (chucks) are not going in, he is pretty much worthless on the court.......he should be thanking webb and vlade for that fat contract he has because they're are the ones that made him look good

bibby is clutch i'll give u that, but can u honestly point out what bibby can do on the court that gibson cant?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #13
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
your right, bibby could never play the defense gibson does

actually bibby is very overated.... his playmaking skills have diminished over the years, he cant lead a team, and when his jumpers (chucks) are not going in, he is pretty much worthless on the court.......he should be thanking webb and vlade for that fat contract he has because they're are the ones that made him look good

bibby is clutch i'll give u that, but can u honestly point out what bibby can do on the court that gibson cant?

I could compare stats from the regular season and/or the playoffs, but that would be a waste of time.
I could compare stats from Bibby's first couple years to debate how good Gibson may or may not turn out to be, but that would be a waste of time also.

Why? Because Gibson will never be half of the player Bibby is right now. The only knock on Mike is his defense and it's not like Gibson is what I would call an upgrade on D. You're a fool if you think there is one GM, coach, player.....mascot that would rather have Daniel Gibson on their team over Mike Bibby. Sorry, this isn't even an arguement.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: So what should the Kings do? Trade Bibby and Artest and start over? Or keep build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
I could compare stats from the regular season and/or the playoffs, but that would be a waste of time.
I could compare stats from Bibby's first couple years to debate how good Gibson may or may not turn out to be, but that would be a waste of time also.

Why? Because Gibson will never be half of the player Bibby is right now. The only knock on Mike is his defense and it's not like Gibson is what I would call an upgrade on D. You're a fool if you think there is one GM, coach, player.....mascot that would rather have Daniel Gibson on their team over Mike Bibby. Sorry, this isn't even an arguement.
I'd argue that Gibson is a better defender than Bibby simply based on effort and the ability to stay in front.

Regardless, Bibby is a lot better than Gibson right now. Its not even close.

Put Bibby next to a star like Lebron and Bibby would be an allstar.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #15
King_Of_Kings1

of course GM's would rather have gibson, more upside, smaller contract

and you can ***** about stats all you want cause bibby's are better, gibson been in the league 1 year.... bibby has a jumper, nothing else...he doesnt even play with any heart and the next couple of years he's gonna be stealing money from sac town, of course right now bibby is better offensively, but in 2 years gibson>bibby

bibby can chuck up jumpers, nothing else
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: