Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-09-2007, 06:01 AM   #16
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Predict this year's MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fence
You're correct that Duncan has been the best player on what is consistently one of the best teams. However, look at where that has landed him in the MVP the last 3 seasons.

This past season, the Spurs won 58 games (3rd best in the league), and Duncan averaged 20 PPG and 10.6 RPG. Duncan finished 4th in MVP voting and received no 1st place votes. Kobe Bryant barely made the playoffs, and he receieved 2 1st place votes and came in 3rd.

In 2006, the Spurs won 63 games (2nd best in the league), and Duncan averaged 18.6 PPG and 11 RPG (although he had the foot issues). He finished a distant 8th in the MVP voting.

In 2005, the Spurs won 59 games (tied for 2nd best in the league), and Duncan averaged 20.3 PPG and 11.1 RPG (he missed a few games, though). He finished in 4th and received 1 1st place vote.

Back when he won MVP in 2002 and 2003, he averaged 25.5 PPG and 12.7 RPG and 23.3 PPG and 12.9 RPG. He also averaged 40.6 and 39.3 MPG those 2 seasons. When he came in a distant 2nd in 2004, he averaged 36.6 MPG, 22.3 PPG and 12.4 RPG.

The last 3 seasons, however, Duncan has averaged 33.4, 34.8 and 34.1 MPG and his numbers have dropped consequently, as well as, perhaps, due to age and more help from teammates.

Duncan is 31 years old now, and while he'll surely still be the best player on one of the best teams--arguably even the best player in the league on the best team in the league--I don't see him improving significantly statistically, nor do I see him being higher than I projected in the MVP race.

That's my objective opinion in evaluating the MVP voters habits. It's not my personal opinion on where Duncan deserves to rank in the MVP race.

I've got to admit, I made my post without doing ANY research. I need to read before I type
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:16 AM   #17
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

KG. No contest.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #18
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LeBron. the hype machine has already decided.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:38 AM   #19
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Wanna avatar bet that it's gonna be KG?

Oh wait... :
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #20
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Agreed. For better or worse, LeBron has this year's MVP wrapped up.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #21
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I think either Lebron or Carmello will win the MVP award as long as their teams win 50+ games.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #22
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

1.LeBron
2.Kobe
3.Steve Nash
4.TD
5.Dirk
6.Agent Zero
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #23
kidachi

1. kobe
2. nash
3. lebron
4. wade
Old 09-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #24
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

if lebron wins 50+ games again and play like 05-06 season (31-7-7) he will get it.

if not, i think its kobe time.
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #25
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I just have a feeling that its going to be Lebron.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have no other choice other than Lebron James. Seems its his turn. He's come up short in the MVP races. Barring injury he will win it imo.

I leave out Kobe Bryant is someone may feel "According to that logic wouldnt it be Kobe's turn?" and it would be a good counter. However I leave him off because the team around him and the conference in which that team plays. Bron and the Cavs are in the East and have a good enough shot having the best record in the East. It would weigh more than what L.A would finish in the standings. I just dont see the Lakers finishing the West with a top 3-4 record.

So thats why my vote goes to Bron.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #27
scilencek
I airball my layups

scilencek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
I'd stop watching basketball if Dirk wins it again...seriously, no chance he get s it. It's already a disgrace as it is.

........ same idea.......
kill me if he wins....
scilencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #28
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

LeBron James, but I would love to see Luol Deng get it, in all seriousness.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #30
Jam.22_
LAL

Jam.22_ has an OK reputation so far

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Duncan
5. Dirk
Jam.22_ is offline   Reply With Quote