Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Re: making highschoolers wake up at 6am is the stupidest idea ever conceived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
People around high school age actually need more sleep than adults in order to stay healthy and properly develop.

I thought middle school was the crucial sleeping years, though I could be wrong...........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #17
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Default Re: making highschoolers wake up at 6am is the stupidest idea ever conceived.

Quote:
yawn... Geewiz with another "i'm in college, so to show how awesome I am, I'm gonna let everyone know about it" rant.

I agree. After reading his excessive tirade, I came to the final conclusion that his mommy made him go to bed at 9:30 sharp his junior year of HS, and because he was such a good boy (yesh he was!) he was allowed to stay up until 10:00 as a senior.

Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #18
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
the subject should be, making ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT and MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS wake up at 6 a.m. is the stupidest idea ever. They need more sleep than high schoolers. Of course, they benefit from having parents who pretty much make them turn out their lights and go to sleep, so they are usually out at 10 due to no choice of their own.

On weekends I never slept past 7:30 when I was that age. I always had big days of capture the flag and bike riding, I didn't want to sleep through that. They need more sleep but they also go to bed way earlier.

My senior year of HS was the best, I had 1st and 7th period off. Sleep in an extra hour and leave an hour early. Tits.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #19
clipps
Decent college freshman

Wow, I am actually a part of this generation of kids... Amazing. Kids had to wake up early for school and get off around 3 throughout time. It was like that 50 years ago. It was like that 20 years ago, it was like that 5 years ago, and it's like that now. Why should they change the entire school system because these kids b*tch about waking up too early in the morning after being on myspace or watching tv or playing video games till 2-3 in the morning the night before. Geewiz, you are not even in HS anymore. Why are you even b*tching about it... along with the a million and one things that you b*tch about constantly.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Damn, y'all highschools started early. Our first class was right at 8:00 AM and last class was at 2:30 PM. Good ol' George Bush High School.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #21
clipps
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat
I agree. After reading his excessive tirade, I came to the final conclusion that his mommy made him go to bed at 9:30 sharp his junior year of HS, and because he was such a good boy (yesh he was!) he was allowed to stay up until 10:00 as a senior.

:
Old 09-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #22
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

That's why I love college/university...I can pick my own schedule and my first semester my earliest class was at 11am. Latest was 2pm...
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #23
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Wow, you guys start school early. Over here in England all schools don't start till around 9. I've just started Sixth Form College and 3 days of the week I start at 9, 1 day I start at 9.30 and the other day I don't start until 11.35, which was today.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

i wonder what Geewhiz will find to complain about next. First it was notetaking and now hs hours. He certainly is creative.

Anyone care to guess what his next rant will be about?
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #25
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

He can rant about whatever he wants; he's in college now!

Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #26
clipps
Decent college freshman

What the hell is he even b*tching about anyway. You still get some quality sleeping time in class.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #27
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat
He can rant about whatever he wants; he's in college now!

I wonder if there is one poster on this board who doesn't know geewiz is in college.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #28
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Wow, you guys start school early. Over here in England all schools don't start till around 9. I've just started Sixth Form College and 3 days of the week I start at 9, 1 day I start at 9.30 and the other day I don't start until 11.35, which was today.
Exactly I heard England made it later and the kids grades all went up I think 20 percent. Don't quote me on that, but it was around 20 percent.

Lol at all the fools saying "It's always been this way why change" Never heard of progress? Jesus I hate people like that, makes me want to slap em' right upside the head....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #29
clipps
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
I wonder if there is one poster on this board who doesn't know geewiz is in college.

How many times did Geewiz post a topic or post in a topic and mention something about him being in college.... a litte bit too much.

Thats like if I had some random name other than "clipps" and I kept reminding people that I'm a clipper fan.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Geewiz doesn't have many friends. Loners tend to be the ones who spill everything out whenever and wherever they can because usually they have no one to talk to.

I expect his next thread to be "Do College Bathrooms Ever Get Cleaned?"

or

"Your Feelings on Coed Bathrooms" He'd have an erection throughout the entire discussion too.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: