Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: making highschoolers wake up at 6am is the stupidest idea ever conceived.

Or how his teacher told him to raise his hand next time...GeeWiz is a funny guy, he always brings up the most random conversations.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #32
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: making highschoolers wake up at 6am is the stupidest idea ever conceived.

We should quit picking on him. Lets not forget he's the smartest guy on ISH.
clipps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #33
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
disagree with me, I dare you.

here I am in college and knowledge sticks to me like glue. what's the difference between me in college and me in HS classes I cared about? sleep. that's it. in college I can stay up till 3 am, which I usually don't, and still get 7 hours of sleep, easy. in senior year I probably got an average of 5. sometimes I went a workweek without getting more than 4 hours of sleep any night.

in HS I got no sleep. I would be in class barely conscious, slurring words all over the place, unable to concentrate on anything, and forGET memory, I barely remembered my teachers names much less anything they tried to teach me. it was BAD. granted, my sleep habits were worse than usual, but pretty much everyone wasn't getting as much sleep as they should, and in this culture, it's impossible to go to bed before 11. let's be honest. nobody does. our culture operates its evenings on TV schedule, and good TV ends at 10 at the earliest. in order to get a proper amount of sleep you must be unconscious at 10 at the latest if you're waking up at 6. ain't gonna happen. I can count on one hand the number of people I knew in my graduating class who got as much sleep as they should at night. (there were some, which is almost surprising that any teenager can go to bed at 10 on school nights).

people our age need sleep more than anyone else and at our age we are less predisposed to being "morning people." so as a result? everyone loads up on coffee from age 15-on, making Starbucks the biggest company in the goddam country (I'm convinced Starbucks is the reason HS start times haven't been changed already). newsflash, coffee is bad for you. caffeine is bad for you. yet we're forced into it; it's either coffee or Cs.

and what's with making HS so damn long, anyway? in college you get 3 hours of a class per week. in high school you got 4-5. what's the big idea here? the **** they're teaching us ain't THAT hard. most of class time is wasted anyway. just an excuse to keep us in the building for 7 hours. make school 5 hours. starts at 9:30, ends at 3. so easy.

lol 3 hours a week my ass...

I will agree with you but I never had to wake up at 6am. I woke up at 7am. Go to bed by at least 11:30 everynight and you're set.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #34
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
i wonder what Geewhiz will find to complain about next. First it was notetaking and now hs hours. He certainly is creative.

Anyone care to guess what his next rant will be about?

He is taking a cake major so he shouldnt be complaining any more.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #35
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Making the HS school day start later would f*** up the sports schedules. Don't freshman games start at 3:30, JV at 5:30, and Varsity at 7 or 7:30? Nobody is trying to go to watch a basketball game at 9:30 PM.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #36
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
He is taking a cake major so he shouldnt be complaining any more.

Seriously.

I would love to congratulate Geewiz for finally making it to college.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #37
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's his major? Communications?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #38
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Wanna have thread sex, Randy?
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #39
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
Wanna have thread sex, Randy?

Start the fire.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #40
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

9-3 for me. It's a pretty happy medium as far as I'm concerned, for getting out early enough to still be able to do something afterwards and not having to get out of bed at the crack of dawn each and every morning.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #41
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Start the fire.

Uh-oh. U and Sagat are gonna have to fight to win her heart. Competition is pretty intense. Too bad the program where you can put your fist through the computer screen doesn't exist yet :
mlh1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #42
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
Making the HS school day start later would f*** up the sports schedules. Don't freshman games start at 3:30, JV at 5:30, and Varsity at 7 or 7:30? Nobody is trying to go to watch a basketball game at 9:30 PM.
Just make the day shorter. Start at 9 and finish at 3, no need to be in school as early as 7 in the morning, that's rediculous not to mention that it must be a b!tch to concentrate or even stay awake for that matter.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #43
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Where I sub. teach at, they start at 7:45 and go up until 2:45............
mlh1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #44
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
What's his major? Communications?

I remember him mentioning something about History. So perhaps he is in the liberal arts school?
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #45
Hawker
Banned

Ya, hes doing some combo of sociology, psychology and english.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: