Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default The 2008 Mock Draft Thread

Post here your Mock Drafts, and don't diss a member's mock draft too much, i.e. cuss them out because your favorite player dropped two spots. I'll start off.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

Default Re: The 2008 Mock Draft Thread

Lottery Mock Draft 2.0

By Marny Navis
This is my second official mock draft of the season. I do not plan on making another one in a while, but I thought I'd hop on it after seeing the crazy turn of events with the Bulls, Heat, and, maybe more surprisingly, the Magic's rise to the top. Just a few notes, this draft does not reflect the current standings in the NBA right now. If I went by that, I would have Chicago in my top five, which I do not believe will happen. Also, I am not doing a full mock draft, I am only doing a lottery draft, because I feel I have not gathered enough information so far to go that deep into the draft. Well, here we go, you may start disecting my picks and giving your criticism. Enjoy!

1. Minnesota Timberwolves- O.J. Mayo, SG/PG, USC*

2. Seattle Supersonics- Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis*

3. Philadelphia 76ers- Michael Beasley, SF/PF, Kansas State*

4. New York Knicks- Eric Gordon, SG/PG, Indiana*

5. Miami Heat- DeAndre Jordan, C, Texas A&M*

6. Memphis Grizzlies- Kosta Koufos, C, Ohio State*

7. a-Phoenix Suns- Darrell Arthur, PF, Kansas

8. Portland Trailblazers- Nicolas Batum, SG/SF, France**

9. Washington Wizards- Kevin Love, PF, UCLA*

10. Golden State Warriors- Donte Greene, SF, Syracuse*

11. Indiana Pacers- Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown

12. Charlotte Bobcats- Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma*

13. Sacramento Kings- Chase Budinger, SG/SF, Arizona

14. Los Angeles Clippers- Jerryd Bayless, PG/SG, Arizona*

a- Pick via Atlanta (Joe Johnson trade).
*- Denotes Freshman.
**-Nicolas Batum was born in 1988, making him eligible for the 2008 NBA Draft.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I did this based off I believe ESPN's power rankings. It was kind of fun since some teams that I expected to be good were at the bottom.

1. Minnesota-Derrick Rose-People will pull for Beasley with Gomes at PF and Foye at PG, but Rose has is too good of a natural PG to pass up.

2. Seattle-Michael Beasley-Just drafted Durant and Green and have Wilkins and Wilcox, but Beasley has too much potential to pass up.

3. New York-O.J. Mayo-No clue what they will do, but Marbury and the rest of the backcourt may be on their way out.

4. Chicago-DeAndre Jordan-Ben Wallace has not worked out and now they can get a young one to replace him.

5. Golden St.-Nicolas Batum-Matt Barnes is decent, but Batum is too good to pass up

6. Phoenix via Atlanta-Kosta Koufos-Amare has a history of injuries and Koufos should be able to help him some out right away.

7. Memphis-Roy Hibbert-Would rather take Eric Gordon, but with Gasol possibly on his way out after another losing season, Hibbert helps fill a possible hole in the middle.

8. New Jersey-Darrell Arthur-Sean Williams has worked out well, but they still need help inside.

9. Miami-Chase Budinger-Wade will need another young scorer next to him if they hope to not waste him in the future.

10. Sacramento-Brook Lopez-This team needs to start somewhere and a twin towers of Hawes and Lopez would be nice.

11. Philadelphia-Eric Gordon-Big steal here since he will be the go-to scorer for this team in the future.

12. Portland-Darren Collison-This team has so many young players, but it seems at this point that the PG spot may have the biggest hole.

13. Indiana-Tywon Lawson-Tinsley has been a good player for a long time, but it is time to move on.

14. L.A. Clippers-Serge Ibaka-Time to start over, why not start with a big man?

15. Washington-Jamont Gordon-Would like to get Lopez, but they could use some help at guard off the bench.

16. Milwaukee-Danilo Gallinari-Not many holes on this team on paper, but Gallinari is a steal talent-wise at this point.

17. Charlotte-Andrew Ogilvy-Has more potential than their big men outside of Okafor and May.

18. Cleveland-Donte Greene-Not their ideal player, but is a huge steal at 18.

19. Toronto-Hasheem Thabeet-They need a true defensive post player.

20. Houston-DeVon Hardin-Would be a lot like Kelvin Cato was next to Yao.

21. Utah-Kevin Love-The type of player they love.

22. Detroit-Ante Tomic-Huge upside to develop for the future.

23. L.A. Lakers-Earl Clark-Not really much left to help them, but Clark can help them off the bench.

24. Denver-Joey Dorsey-A surprise pick, but seems to be the type of player George Karl likes.

25. San Antonio-Brandon Rush-Finley, Bowen, and Barry are not getting younger.

26. New Orleans-Kyle Weaver-They took Wright to help solidify the frontcourt last year, and Weaver to solidify the backcourt this year.

27. Orlando-Bryce Taylor-Not sure why I like this pick, but he has some potential to contribute.

28. Dallas-Deron Washington-Nothing much they can do with this pick to help right away so why not try to get another Josh Howard?

29. Seattle via Phoenix-Rodrique Beaubois-After missing out on Rose, they hope to grab another Tony Parker.

30. Boston-Nickola Pekovic-Has size, so why not?
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

Joey Dorsey would be an intriguing pick for any team in the first round. He looks so much like Ben Wallace at times that you could almost swear it was him playing. The eyes are very different, however. I am not high on Michael Beasley simply for his attitude. I don't want him next to a Jeff Green and a Kevin Durant. He would really bring them down and would make everything about him. Jordan would be a great pick for Chicago and would help them with inside scoring. I like Thabeet more for Charlotte purely for his potential, but he has a chance to be a complete bomb. As for Gordon going to 11, I could definitely see him fall that far. I don't think he will, but if there's an odd man out in next year's draft, I'm betting it'll be him.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

Man, I need to watch more games so I can do a full mock draft. . .
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

MOCK DRAFT 3.0
Marny Navis

1. Minnesota Timberwolves- Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis

2. Seattle Supersonics- Eric Gordon, SG/PG, Indiana

3. Miami Heat- DeAndre Jordan, C, Texas A&M

4. Chicago Bulls- O.J. Mayo, SG/PG, USC

5. Portland Trailblazers- Donte Green, SF, Syracuse

6. New York Knicks- Michael Beasley, SF/PF, Kansas State

7. Philadelphia 76ers- Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma

8. Memphis Grizzlies- Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown

9. Sacramento Kings- Darren Collison, PG, UCLA

10. Charlotte Bobcats- Kevin Love, PF/C, UCLA

11. Phoenix Suns (ATL)- Jerryd Bayless, PG/SG, Arizona

12. Los Angeles Clippers- Chase Budinger, SG/SF, Arizona

13. Milwaukee Bucks- Nicolas Batum, SG/SF, France

14. New Jersey Nets- Earl Clark, SG/SF, Louisville
Old 12-07-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

Question: Is Blake Griffin comparable to Sean May?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I did this based off I believe ESPN's power rankings. It was kind of fun since some teams that I expected to be good were at the bottom.

1. Minnesota-Derrick Rose-People will pull for Beasley with Gomes at PF and Foye at PG, but Rose has is too good of a natural PG to pass up.

2. Seattle-Michael Beasley-Just drafted Durant and Green and have Wilkins and Wilcox, but Beasley has too much potential to pass up.

3. New York-O.J. Mayo-No clue what they will do, but Marbury and the rest of the backcourt may be on their way out.

4. Chicago-DeAndre Jordan-Ben Wallace has not worked out and now they can get a young one to replace him.

5. Golden St.-Nicolas Batum-Matt Barnes is decent, but Batum is too good to pass up

6. Phoenix via Atlanta-Kosta Koufos-Amare has a history of injuries and Koufos should be able to help him some out right away.

7. Memphis-Roy Hibbert-Would rather take Eric Gordon, but with Gasol possibly on his way out after another losing season, Hibbert helps fill a possible hole in the middle.

8. New Jersey-Darrell Arthur-Sean Williams has worked out well, but they still need help inside.

9. Miami-Chase Budinger-Wade will need another young scorer next to him if they hope to not waste him in the future.

10. Sacramento-Brook Lopez-This team needs to start somewhere and a twin towers of Hawes and Lopez would be nice.

11. Philadelphia-Eric Gordon-Big steal here since he will be the go-to scorer for this team in the future.

12. Portland-Darren Collison-This team has so many young players, but it seems at this point that the PG spot may have the biggest hole.

13. Indiana-Tywon Lawson-Tinsley has been a good player for a long time, but it is time to move on.
14. L.A. Clippers-Serge Ibaka-Time to start over, why not start with a big man?

15. Washington-Jamont Gordon-Would like to get Lopez, but they could use some help at guard off the bench.

16. Milwaukee-Danilo Gallinari-Not many holes on this team on paper, but Gallinari is a steal talent-wise at this point.

17. Charlotte-Andrew Ogilvy-Has more potential than their big men outside of Okafor and May.

18. Cleveland-Donte Greene-Not their ideal player, but is a huge steal at 18.

19. Toronto-Hasheem Thabeet-They need a true defensive post player.

20. Houston-DeVon Hardin-Would be a lot like Kelvin Cato was next to Yao.

21. Utah-Kevin Love-The type of player they love.

22. Detroit-Ante Tomic-Huge upside to develop for the future.

23. L.A. Lakers-Earl Clark-Not really much left to help them, but Clark can help them off the bench.

24. Denver-Joey Dorsey-A surprise pick, but seems to be the type of player George Karl likes.

25. San Antonio-Brandon Rush-Finley, Bowen, and Barry are not getting younger.

26. New Orleans-Kyle Weaver-They took Wright to help solidify the frontcourt last year, and Weaver to solidify the backcourt this year.

27. Orlando-Bryce Taylor-Not sure why I like this pick, but he has some potential to contribute.

28. Dallas-Deron Washington-Nothing much they can do with this pick to help right away so why not try to get another Josh Howard?

29. Seattle via Phoenix-Rodrique Beaubois-After missing out on Rose, they hope to grab another Tony Parker.

30. Boston-Nickola Pekovic-Has size, so why not?

You have no clue do you? A long time? He's been in the L for 7 years. I can think of a few other concerns that the Pacers could handle before fucking up our floor leader.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #9
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
You have no clue do you? A long time? He's been in the L for 7 years. I can think of a few other concerns that the Pacers could handle before fucking up our floor leader.

Like a center? Diogu/Hibbert would be a strong duo inside.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

MY MOCK

1. Minnesota Timberwolves- Michael Beasley, SF/PF, Kansas State Fr.

2. Seattle Supersonics - Derrick Rose 6-4 195 PG Memphis Fr.

3. Miami Heat - OJ Mayo 6-5 210 PG USC Fr.

4. Chicago Bulls - DeAndre Jordan 6-11 250 C TX A&M Fr.

5. Memphis Grizzlies - Roy Hibbert 7-2 278 C Georgetown Sr.

6. New York Knicks- Eric Gordon 6-4 220 SG Indiana Fr.

7. Golden State Warriors - Chase Budinger, SG/PG, Arizona So.

8. Phoenix Suns via Atl- Kosta Koufos 7-0 252 C Ohio St. Fr.

9. Philadelphia 76ers - Nicolas Batum 6-8 210 SG France 1988

10. Portland Trail Blazers - Donte Greene 6-10 226 SF Syr. Fr.

11. Sacramento Kings - Darren Collison 6-1 170 PG UCLA Jr.

12. Indiana Pacers - Kevin Love 6-9 260 PF UCLA Fr.

13. New Jersey Nets - Danilo Gallinari 6-9 210 SF Italy 1988

14. Washington Wizards - Jerryd Bayless 6-3 182 PG Arizona Fr.

15. Toronto Raptors - Earl Clark 6-8 220 SG/SF Louisville So.

16. Milwaukee Bucks - Blake Griffin 6-9 243 PF Oklahoma Fr.

17. Cleveland Cavaliers - Brook Lopez 7-0 260 C Stanford So.

18. Houston Rockets - Andrew Ogilvy 6-11 250 C Vanderbilt Fr.

19. LA Clippers - DeVon Hardin 6-10 240 PF California Sr.

20. Charlotte Bobcats - Hasheem Thabeet 7-3 265 C UConn So.

21. Detroit Pistons - Jamont Gordon 6-4 225 PG Miss. St. Jr.

22. Utah Jazz - Ante Tomic 7-1 237 PF/C Croatia 1987

23. LA Lakers - Brandon Rush 6-6 202 SG/SF Kansas Jr.

24. Denver Nuggets - Ty Lawson 5-11 193 PG UNC So.

25. Dallas Mavericks - Serge Ibaka 6-10 220 PF Congo 1989

26. Seattle SuperSonics - Jeff Pendergraph 6-10 230 PF Ariz. St. Jr.

27. San Antonio Spurs - Kyle Weaver 6-5 201 SG/PG Wash.St. Sr.

28. NewOrleans Hornets - Bryce Taylor 6-4 205 SG Oregon Sr.

29. Orlando Magic - DJ White 6-8 242 PF Indiana Sr.

30. Boston Celtics - Tyler Smith 6-7 220 SF Tennessee So.
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
MY MOCK

1. Minnesota Timberwolves- Michael Beasley, SF/PF, Kansas State Fr.-I hate the kids attitude.

2. Seattle Supersonics - Derrick Rose 6-4 195 PG Memphis Fr.

3. Miami Heat - OJ Mayo 6-5 210 PG USC Fr.- Enough balls to satisfy the star backcourt?

4. Chicago Bulls - DeAndre Jordan 6-11 250 C TX A&M Fr.

5. Memphis Grizzlies - Roy Hibbert 7-2 278 C Georgetown Sr.-Grizzlies are in a scummy situation because they have something at every position. Hibbert wouldn't be bad; Milicic can still start, and Roy'll be a backup anyway most likely.

6. New York Knicks- Eric Gordon 6-4 220 SG Indiana Fr.

7. Golden State Warriors - Chase Budinger, SG/PG, Arizona So.

8. Phoenix Suns via Atl- Kosta Koufos 7-0 252 C Ohio St. Fr.-There's a bunch of guys like Nic Batum and Donte Greene that would benefit Phoenix here. I think they need to take a shot at someone. Koufos not bad though; nice inside-out combo with Amare.

9. Philadelphia 76ers - Nicolas Batum 6-8 210 SG France 1988-Steal.

10. Portland Trail Blazers - Donte Greene 6-10 226 SF Syr. Fr.-^^

11. Sacramento Kings - Darren Collison 6-1 170 PG UCLA Jr.-Good backcourt.

12. Indiana Pacers - Kevin Love 6-9 260 PF UCLA Fr.

13. New Jersey Nets - Danilo Gallinari 6-9 210 SF Italy 1988

14. Washington Wizards - Jerryd Bayless 6-3 182 PG Arizona Fr.

15. Toronto Raptors - Earl Clark 6-8 220 SG/SF Louisville So.

16. Milwaukee Bucks - Blake Griffin 6-9 243 PF Oklahoma Fr.

17. Cleveland Cavaliers - Brook Lopez 7-0 260 C Stanford So.

18. Houston Rockets - Andrew Ogilvy 6-11 250 C Vanderbilt Fr.

19. LA Clippers - DeVon Hardin 6-10 240 PF California Sr.

20. Charlotte Bobcats - Hasheem Thabeet 7-3 265 C UConn So.

21. Detroit Pistons - Jamont Gordon 6-4 225 PG Miss. St. Jr.

22. Utah Jazz - Ante Tomic 7-1 237 PF/C Croatia 1987

23. LA Lakers - Brandon Rush 6-6 202 SG/SF Kansas Jr.

24. Denver Nuggets - Ty Lawson 5-11 193 PG UNC So.

25. Dallas Mavericks - Serge Ibaka 6-10 220 PF Congo 1989

26. Seattle SuperSonics - Jeff Pendergraph 6-10 230 PF Ariz. St. Jr.

27. San Antonio Spurs - Kyle Weaver 6-5 201 SG/PG Wash.St. Sr.

28. NewOrleans Hornets - Bryce Taylor 6-4 205 SG Oregon Sr.

29. Orlando Magic - DJ White 6-8 242 PF Indiana Sr.

30. Boston Celtics - Tyler Smith 6-7 220 SF Tennessee So.

pretty good mock draft
Old 12-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Tinsley has always been a 8-15pt, 5-8ast, 40%, 30%3pt guy for his whole career. Up and down. Bad shooting. On the court this team was good, now is average, and never got to the next level. This year he has had maybe is best season, but the team is 10-10. Where are they going? Off the court he has gotten in trouble a couple times in the last year. I have always been a fan of Tinsley, but it is time to start over. O'Neal has been a constant trade rumor the last couple years. It is time to move on from the O'Neal/Tinsley reign in Indy. Ty Lawson was my pick because his speed and uptemo style would give this team a playing style. Of course they may want to go with a defensive, slow the game down type of player as well. Either way, Granger, Dunleavy, Diogu, and Murphy is a fairly young core of guys.

Some people may want to stick with Tinsley and O'Neal and try to patchwork a team together that will compete, but how are they going to do that if they keep the 4 I mentioned before? They have a full team. They have a mix of youth and vets. They just aren't on the same level as the Spurs, Suns, Celtics, Magic, and Pistons of the NBA. Unless they can add Amare or Bosh or Howard, this team will be a .500 club for the near future.

And yes, 7 years as the starting PG on a team is a long time. How many other guys have been around that long? Bibby?

And again, I like Tinsley and think he is a very good player. If you go back and look at the old ISH board from about 5 years ago, I was saying that Tinsley should be their PG and they should stick with him. But unless O'Neal and Granger become as good as KG and Pierce, this team isn't going to be more than a 1st round exit.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #13
marny_navis
Banned

PG for Indy isn't a bad idea; it's that or a center. Diogu's the future at PF, Dunleavy and Granger will probably be starting on the wings for a while. A center would be best, IMO, but they still need a backup PG.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #14
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Just some imput...

Chicago NEEDS a big man who can SCORE!

Hibert would be nice, but not likely.
DeAndre Jordan would be nice as well, but again might not be likely unless most of the other crazy freshmen leave.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #15
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
pretty good mock draft

FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: