Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 09-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
vood002
I brick open layups

Cool Trade cat & sam

Sorry if this is redundant, I see other people discussing snippets of this but I wanted to unify it.

With eyes on next season, one could approach Brands ACL as a blessing in disguise for the Clippers. Already hurting with a tendonless Livingston, underperforming Kaman, and unhappy Maggette, our chances of being a contender were slim to nil--And what is Basketball about anyway? Winning it all of course. Why have Brand play his 40 mpg and carry the clippers on his back for another year, taking the wear and tear that comes with the position?

That's right--I am suggesting a near complete cash-in of the season. Trade Sam and Mobley (more on this in a second), develop the young guys, get Corey comfortable again in a leadership role, and get Kaman some of his confidence back. Pair that with a healthy and rested Brand + Livingston at the start of next year and we're right back on track. Obviously something was wrong last season even before Livingston went down. This squad needed help in a lot of ways.

Any guesses what the clips could get in return for sam and cuttino? I figure some team would bite around the all star break to help make the second-half push. They might be able to score some young guys or draft picks.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Default Re: Trade cat & sam

We would have to get an All-Star if we do that trade. We are talking about $14,550,000 in annual salaries.

Last edited by adiedanny : 09-12-2007 at 07:39 PM.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
clipps
Good college starter

I actually wouldn't mind trading Mobley and Cassell. Problem is, we would not get anything good in return. No team wants Cat's contract, and the only teams interested in Cassell would be title contenders that can use the extra PG/Veteran.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
I actually wouldn't mind trading Mobley and Cassell. Problem is, we would not get anything good in return. No team wants Cat's contract, and the only teams interested in Cassell would be title contenders that can use the extra PG/Veteran.
The only way any team would take on Mobley's contract is a Team that is interested in dumping salaries at the end of the season(Cassell,Williams) or a Team interested in obtaining Maggette, the likelihood of him opting out will be high but you never know. In other words we can expect to have him off our books this time next year unless he signs an extenstion. If he is traded to another Team who knows what he will end up doing.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:32 AM   #5
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

Angry Re: Trade cat & sam

No trading Cat or Sammy. Lets show some loyalty to both for
signing with the Clips.

I question the loyalty to the Clips of the fan with the Faker
avatar who posted this bad trade idea.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
No trading Cat or Sammy. Lets show some loyalty to both for
signing with the Clips.

I question the loyalty to the Clips of the fan with the Faker
avatar who posted this bad trade idea.
I agree, like I said before the last person I would want to trade is Cassell. This is his final contract year and regardless if he will retire or try to get one more contract, he will be killing the opposing teams and I would hate to trade him and have our team play against him. Sam Cassell is the heart of our team and he will be the one player that will compensate for loss of Brand.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps

Exactly
end of forum!
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
Exactly
end of forum!

No, never end of forum! End of thread, maybe :).

As for trading Cat and Sam, I say no thanks. Cassell has done a lot for us and I don't want any part of backstabbing him. Plus, we won't get anything of value in return for either of them.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #9
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
No, never end of forum! End of thread, maybe :).

As for trading Cat and Sam, I say no thanks. Cassell has done a lot for us and I don't want any part of backstabbing him. Plus, we won't get anything of value in return for either of them.

I agree with that highly, it would be rather disloyal to turn around and trade Cassel when he was one of the main reasons why the Clippers made the playoffs two seasons ago.

Plus, his leadership alone may be a useful asset to this roster, even if hes down, the swagger will still be around..

Last edited by ZeN : 09-18-2007 at 01:38 PM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:04 AM   #10
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I agree with that highly, it would be rather disloyal to turn around and trade Cassel when he was one of the main reasons of why the Clippers made the playoffs two seasons ago.

Plus, his leadership alone may be a usful asset to this roster, even if hes down the swagger will still be around..
You nailed it right on the head, Cassell was one of the main reasons the Clippers made the playoffs. That is why I think, as long as he is on our team we do have a snowballs chance in Hell.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
vood002
I brick open layups

I agree that Cassell is a huge part of this team. Nobody else in the squad knows how to win. Has Sam said that he wants to stay with this team? It doesnt seem to me that it would be disloyal to trade him to a contender through the middle of the season, I'm sure he could benefit as much as the clips
Old 10-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #12
vood002
I brick open layups

I didnt realize how big Cats contract was.

No need to question my loyalty. I'm a lakers and clippers fan, I always root for the clippers when they play the lakers. I won't claim to be as hardcore as many of the fans here are, because I'm not, but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan and it certainly doesn't mean that I don't want what's best for the team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: