Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-02-2007, 07:30 AM   #181
bringthetruth
Banned

Default Re: Channing Frye

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
You'll need to ask others about rotoleagues. I don't like them at all because I find them boring.

However, in a league that only went 143 players deep there's little incentive to have Paul Milsap on your team right now, let alone accept him in trade. You shouldn't accept Allen for Paul either since that would leave you with
You do happen to have four center eligible players for two starting spots. It might be beneficial, to try to trade one for someone on the team that only has one center eligible player (i.e. the team with Kobe Bryant). I would attempt a two-for-two trade. But who and what for exactly might be better left up to those who are more knowledgeable about roto.

thejoyofsobe, what is your fantasy basketball name, I wanna check your trophy record compared to mine.

By the way , how many leagues have you won.

You give good advice, just curious.
bringthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #182
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthetruth
thejoyofsobe, what is your fantasy basketball name, I wanna check your trophy record compared to mine.

By the way , how many leagues have you won.

You give good advice, just curious.
I've competed under different names.
I started in 05-06 and came in sixth in a H2H league. I now see the folly in autodrafting. I came in sixth because the league was only 8 cat and points was the tiebreaker. I ended up with three less points than the other manager because he had some miracle performances from some players, even though I had him soundly beaten in other categories.
The next season, we did that league again except I got them to have 9-cats and I won it. I also won another H2H league. I join this experimental league where all of the players come from just two NBA teams and you end up making like five roster transactions (more on days when only one of your two teams is playing) and it got old really fast. Most of the managers, including myself eventually abandoned that league.
I also joined a roto league that turned out to be run by a fascist commissioner that rejected more than fair trades and removed the bench spots, so when someone is injured you either have to drop them or suffer the roto consequences. Although I know most roto leagues are run differently, I learned that I really did not like the scoring format. I abandoned that one too. I feel kind of bad abandoning two teams in the same season but I don't plan on joining any more experimental leagues with flawed premises.

This season I'm fielding 5 H2H teams. Each has a decent shot at winning its league, except for the one in the league where some bonehead commissioner thought Billups/Dalembert/Ridnour for Stoudemire/Paul/Frye was fair and helped both managers' team. Needless to say we've had some arguments on the league messageboard over that one.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-02-2007 at 11:56 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #183
xrvdx
I brick open layups

Hey sobe, I know you don't like judging roto teams, but talent-wise, would a trade of shawn marion and vince carter for my Pau Gasol and chris paul help me or hurt Me?
xrvdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #184
Fabolouso
I airball my layups

Do you still think Frye is a safe bet?
Fabolouso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #185
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabolouso
Do you still think Frye is a safe bet?
No. I underestimated how much the Blazers would use Outlaw at PF and overestimated the amount of offense they'd run through Frye but still a guy to keep an eye on.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-03-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #186
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvdx
Hey sobe, I know you don't like judging roto teams, but talent-wise, would a trade of shawn marion and vince carter for my Pau Gasol and chris paul help me or hurt Me?
Talent-wise that would be a roughly fair trade and you'd be getting two players that have been very healthy the past few years.
However, the problem with this is that if you made this trade you'd have no good point guards and punting a category has worse consequences in Roto than in H2H.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #187
xrvdx
I brick open layups

On that team, I just dropped Jarret Jack for Rondo, who was just dropped by another GM. In addition, I dropped Marvin Williams for Kelenna Azuibuike, and Garcia for Ronnie Brewer. Were these good moves that will help my team?

P.S-Webster, Luther Head, J.R. Smith, and Mike James are on the waivers.

Here's my roster as of now.
PG
Rajon Rondo
(Bos - PG)
SG
Jason Richardson
(Cha - SG,SF)
G
Peja Stojakovic
(NO - SG,SF)
SF
Ricky Davis
(Mia - SG,SF)
PF
David West
(NO - PF)
F
Al Jefferson
(Min - PF,C)
C
Boris Diaw
(Pho - PF,C)
C
Pau Gasol
(Mem - PF,C)
Util
Kelenna Azuibuike
(GSW - SG,SF)
Util
Ronnie Brewer
(Uta - SG,SF)
BN
Chris Paul
(NO - PG)
BN
Nene Hilario
(Den - PF,C)
BN
Luke Walton
(LAL - SF)
Old 11-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #188
Naughty_devil
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Do you think Smush Parker would be worth it? How many minutes is he goung to get in Miami?
Naughty_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #189
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty_devil
Do you think Smush Parker would be worth it? How many minutes is he goung to get in Miami?
Smush Parker isn't really worth owning right now and will lose even more value once Wade returns.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #190
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
On that team, I just dropped Jarret Jack for Rondo, who was just dropped by another GM. In addition, I dropped Marvin Williams for Kelenna Azuibuike, and Garcia for Ronnie Brewer. Were these good moves that will help my team?

P.S-Webster, Luther Head, J.R. Smith, and Mike James are on the waivers.

Here's my roster as of now.
PG
Rajon Rondo
(Bos - PG)
SG
Jason Richardson
(Cha - SG,SF)
G
Peja Stojakovic
(NO - SG,SF)
SF
Ricky Davis
(Mia - SG,SF)
PF
David West
(NO - PF)
F
Al Jefferson
(Min - PF,C)
C
Boris Diaw
(Pho - PF,C)
C
Pau Gasol
(Mem - PF,C)
Util
Kelenna Azuibuike
(GSW - SG,SF)
Util
Ronnie Brewer
(Uta - SG,SF)
BN
Chris Paul
(NO - PG)
BN
Nene Hilario
(Den - PF,C)
BN
Luke Walton
(LAL - SF)
I like those moves. Rondo, Paul and Brewer ought to make you very good in steals. Just keep an eye on Rondo because just judging by Boston's first game, it doesn't look like Rondo will be producing assists like you need, but with Paul, Diaw, Davis and Walton you should have some room for error in the mean time.
Also keep a watchful eye on Azubuike's production once Stephen Jackson returns.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #191
xrvdx
I brick open layups

Ben wallace has just been placed on the waivers by a GM. Should I go for him?
Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #192
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Ben wallace has just been placed on the waivers by a GM. Should I go for him?
He is being dropped because he had a bad first game and isn't doing so well through the first half of the second. Since I don't know Roto very well enough to know if Ben Wallace is more valuable than Nene at this point but if it were H2H I would feel comfortable dropping Hilario for him.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #193
xrvdx
I brick open layups

Wait nvm, ben wallace was just added by someone, and that person dropped Devin Harris. Would Harris be a good fit for my ROTO team?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #194
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Wait nvm, ben wallace was just added by someone, and that person dropped Devin Harris. Would Harris be a good fit for my ROTO team?
I don't think so, but he would be someone to keep an eye on if Rondo doesn't pan out.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #195
xrvdx
I brick open layups

Hey sobe, would a trade of my Jason Richardson and David West for Deron Williams and Corey Magette help me or hurt me?

Last edited by xrvdx : 11-03-2007 at 11:53 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: