Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 AM   #46
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Default Re: Channing Frye

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvdx
So, would a carmelo and amare trade for kg sound good?
If Amare + Deng is too much for KG, then Amare + Carmelo IS WAY TOO MUCH for KG.

EDIT: i've got a very serious storm headed my way right now (2 inch hail and 11inches of rain per hour). I'm disconnecting my internet to avoid a lightning strike on my computer and DSL router. I'll get back to you when I can.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2007 at 12:24 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #47
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
Big boi

FG%-You ought to be decent but nothing particularly special
FT%-It's actually a challenge to not be dominant in this category when Dirk is on your team.
3PTM-I think you need more. Bibby still ought to get his two, but there are a lot of uncertainties regarding JR Smith. It's probably a long shot but is Peja still out there in free agency by any chance?
PTS-Decent put nothing particularly special.
REB-Pretty good with Nowitzki, Randolph and Dalembert.
AST-I like that you're getting assists from untraditional places (Miller and Walton), but I don't think they'll be enough because your starting point guard doesn't generate a lot of dimes and neither does Nelson. How well Knight produces is largely dependent on how well Cassell returns from an injury plagued season. Cassell is 38 and not likely to do have a repeat of 05-06 numbers. I expect Knight to do well and lead your team in assists. Are there any other point guards left to replace Nelson with? Preferably one that shoots threes.
STL-Once again, just average. Other than Brevin Knight, you don't have a single player who'll get you more than a single steal per game.
BLK-You'll probably lose this category almost every week. Your only real shotblocker is Dalembert.
I agree with you on most accounts. Right now I think I'm between 7-12 out of 14.

Advice as to what direction I should take my team?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #48
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Oooh Sobe, do me.

Just curious, I'm in the same league as bigboi. I'm thinking I'm in the 6-8 range at the moment.

PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Wally Szserbiak (I know)
G - Mo Williams
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Tim Duncan
F - Al Harrington
C - Ben Wallace
C - Nene Hilario
Util - Larry Hughes
Util - Jamal Magloire
Bn - Steve Francis
Bn - Travis Outlaw
Bn - Marvin Williams

Don't need anything in depth, just general reactions.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #49
xrvdx
I brick open layups

All right, thanks sobe. I'm gonna try and offer a deng for jamison swap. I still don't know what do with ellis and melo though. Try to get back to me when you can.
xrvdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #50
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Oooh Sobe, do me.

Just curious, I'm in the same league as bigboi. I'm thinking I'm in the 6-8 range at the moment.

PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Wally Szserbiak (I know)
G - Mo Williams
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Tim Duncan
F - Al Harrington
C - Ben Wallace
C - Nene Hilario
Util - Larry Hughes
Util - Jamal Magloire
Bn - Steve Francis
Bn - Travis Outlaw
Bn - Marvin Williams

Don't need anything in depth, just general reactions.
FG%-Nothing special. Duncan brings it up and Kidd, Hughes and Francis will bring it down.
FT%-Weak. You've got no high volume/high percentage freethrow shooters to make up for the deficiencies of your bigs.
3PTM-You ought to be good if Szczerbiak pans out. Decent if he doesn't.
PTS Mediocre but what do you expect with Kidd as your first round pick
REB Very strong.
AST You ought to be better than average here if Francis and Hughes both get more than 3.5 per game (they both did last season).
STL-Better than average. Could be a strong category if AK gets back to his old self.
BLK Your best category
TO-I'm never good at judging this category so I'm not going to pretend I can help you here.

I really like Travis Outlaw. He should be the starter in Portland. If you extrapolate last season's averages to 35mpg, I think he's somewhere around 14 pts, 1.4 stl and 1.7 blk. However, I'm not too high on Marvin Williams. He's got a lot more value in real life than in fantasy basketball. He can't shoot threes and doesn't produce particularly good steals or blocks. What other small forwards are in free agency? Preferably one that gets steals and threes.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #51
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvdx
All right, thanks sobe. I'm gonna try and offer a deng for jamison swap. I still don't know what do with ellis and melo though. Try to get back to me when you can.
The storm passed a mile west of here so no torrential rains or hail. But plenty of lightning.

Deng plus Ellis for Jamison. If that's accepted then go grab Foye. If it were a deeper league you would be paying too much for Jamison, but with less than 100 players taken Ellis's value is diminished.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:11 AM   #52
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Sobe, get my PM?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:09 AM   #53
hotsizzle
Superstar

haha aight sobe...I'm in the same league as BigBoi and RIdonks. My team is a pretty rare one out there but I'm worried about depth problems. Check it:

PG: Marco Bellinelli
SG: Kobe Bryant
G: Morris Peterson

SF: Shaw Marion
PF: Kevin Garnett
F: Al Thornton

C: SHaq
C: Bynum

UTIL/Bench

Walter Herman
Delonte West
Kenyon Martin
DeShawn Steveson
--Not sure yet

This is a very very active league. Obviously it took me a lot of trades to get those 3 stars. Along the way, the only deal that I didnt like was the KG deal, I overpaid for him sort of.

Anyways, I've done some research...that Marion/KG duo should have me competitive in most of the "big man" stats. Shaq has been saying that hes healthy and in great shape..Riley is really pushing him to play 70+ games this season. I have high hopes on Bynum, Thornton, and Bellinelli but its obviously not safe to have that many young unproven guys starting.

I'm kind of in the middle on what I want to do..trade one of my stars for depth? Or go with those 3 top 5 players and work the waiver/FA wire...which is thin considering its a 14 team active league.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #54
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
haha aight sobe...I'm in the same league as BigBoi and RIdonks. My team is a pretty rare one out there but I'm worried about depth problems. Check it:

PG: Marco Bellinelli
SG: Kobe Bryant
G: Morris Peterson

SF: Shaw Marion
PF: Kevin Garnett
F: Al Thornton

C: SHaq
C: Bynum

UTIL/Bench

Walter Herman
Delonte West
Kenyon Martin
DeShawn Steveson
--Not sure yet

This is a very very active league. Obviously it took me a lot of trades to get those 3 stars. Along the way, the only deal that I didnt like was the KG deal, I overpaid for him sort of.

Anyways, I've done some research...that Marion/KG duo should have me competitive in most of the "big man" stats. Shaq has been saying that hes healthy and in great shape..Riley is really pushing him to play 70+ games this season. I have high hopes on Bynum, Thornton, and Bellinelli but its obviously not safe to have that many young unproven guys starting.

I'm kind of in the middle on what I want to do..trade one of my stars for depth? Or go with those 3 top 5 players and work the waiver/FA wire...which is thin considering its a 14 team active league.
Without looking at the other teams in your league, I like the potential that this team has but it could also blow up.
Like you said you're going to pretty good in the big man stats, FG%, REB and BLK. Same with FT% since you have enough high volume/high percentage guys to counteract Shaq. If Belinelli, Mo Pete and Herrmann pan out this season you also ought to be pretty good in threes as well. Being a force in STL ought not to be difficult with Kobe, KG and Marion on your team. You'll never win assists and I'm terrible at gauging TOs.

I'd let this team play a couple of weeks before making moves to trade away one of your stars (BTW, you should be trying to trade Marion if you do).

Who's left in free agency? You need to fill that last roster spot with a player with center eligibility because you've got two roster spots for centers and only two players to fill those spots. Is Perkins available by any chance? Or Pryzbilia? And be on the lookout for a DeShawn Stevenson replacement in case Nick Young starts to take minutes away from him.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #55
poorlilrich
woop woop

Sobe I'm in the same league as Sizzle, Bigboi and Ridonks ... we should get you in the league next year.

What do you think of my team?

PG
Dwyane Wade

SG
Paul Pierce

G
Devin Harris

SF
LeBron James

PF
Danny Granger

F
Jason Kapono

C
Chris Wilcox

C
Kwame Brown

Util
Charlie Bell

Util
Andres Nocioni

BN
Sam Cassell

BN
Grant Hill

BN
DeSagana Diop
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #56
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

sobe... another team to rate... in the same league as ridonks,bb,sizzle

most people rate my team 1-6 out of 14... i think im pretty decent but i want to trade sheed for a PG... is that the right move?

pg raymond felton
sg quentin richardson
g Michael Redd
sf Carmelo Anthony
f Rasheed Wallace
pf Jermaine O'neal
c Dwight Howard
c Andrew Bogut
util Charlie Villanueva
util Mike Conley (i see big things from him this year)

bench:
rodney carney(starting for sixers)
jeff green (should get minutes)
steve blake (temporary for assists, has an outside chance of starting)

i've got 5 bonafide stars and a breakout candidate in bogut... i think felton pushes himself into the top 7-8 PGs this year... what do you think? thanks
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #57
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
Sobe I'm in the same league as Sizzle, Bigboi and Ridonks ... we should get you in the league next year.

What do you think of my team?

PG
Dwyane Wade
SG
Paul Pierce
G
Devin Harris
SF
LeBron James
PF
Danny Granger
F
Jason Kapono
C
Chris Wilcox
C
Kwame Brown
Util
Charlie Bell
Util
Andres Nocioni
BN
Sam Cassell
BN
Grant Hill
BN
DeSagana Diop
FG%-Should be better than average if Pierce rebounds from last season's 43% to somewhere around 47%.

FT%-Wade and Pierce are enough to counteract LeBron's suckage but I don't know how much better they'll make you.

3PTM-It should come as no surprise that you need more three point shooters when you have Wade, Harris and Hill on your team.

PTS-You've got three of the best scorers in the league, although we don't know how Pierce's new teammates will affect his averages. Should be pretty good.

REB-Mediocre. You don't have a single double-double guy. And you'll be in worse shape once Dampier gets back.

AST-Pretty good if Harris improves like Avery Johnson wants but you need to start looking around for a replacement for Sam Cassell but don't make any moves until you see how he plays during the season.

STL-James, Wade and Harris should make you better than average.

BLK-I like blocks coming from non-traditional sources (James, Wade and Granger), but once Dampier comes back from his injury your team could be back to mediocrity or possibly worse.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #58
Glove_20
The Expert

Sobe in case you were wondering, this is from the league that has its forum on ISH.

But I don't need my team rated because I already know its the best unlike others in our league...They aren't experts like me, I am the defending champ
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #59
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
sobe... another team to rate... in the same league as ridonks,bb,sizzle

most people rate my team 1-6 out of 14... i think im pretty decent but i want to trade sheed for a PG... is that the right move?

pg raymond felton
sg quentin richardson
g Michael Redd
sf Carmelo Anthony
f Rasheed Wallace
pf Jermaine O'neal
c Dwight Howard
c Andrew Bogut
util Charlie Villanueva
util Mike Conley (i see big things from him this year)

bench:
rodney carney(starting for sixers)
jeff green (should get minutes)
steve blake (temporary for assists, has an outside chance of starting)

i've got 5 bonafide stars and a breakout candidate in bogut... i think felton pushes himself into the top 7-8 PGs this year... what do you think? thanks

FG%-Should be near the top of your league with Howard and O'Neal. Anthony's shooting close to 48% as well.
FT%-Probably one of the worst in your leage. I crunched the numbers using last season's freethrows made and attempted between Howard, Redd, Anthony and O'Neal and it puts you right at 75%. Then Bogut, Q-Rich and Carney will probably offset most of the positive effect of Felton, Wallace, Villanueva, Conley, Green and Blake.
3PTM-Good but could be better. You're not going to be getting much out of Anthony, Conley or Green.
PTS-Better than average with two of the leagues top scorers. O'Neal and Howard aren't going to be too shabby this season either.
REB-Your best category. If Q-Rich continues to rebound at the level he did last season it will be difficult to beat you.
AST-I'm guessing Felton will get 8-9 assists this season. If Conley gets you six then you'll be competitive. If he doesn't get a lot of playing time then you may be just okay. I know free agency is shallow but keep an eye out for viable replacement for Blake, preferably one that shoots threes.
STL-Not too good unless Conley has the same success in this category as he did in college.
BLK-Very good. Needs no explanation
TO-Not usually able to gauge this category but you make it easy with Howard, O'Neal, Anthony and Redd. You're not going to do well.

I would trade Sheed for a point guard. Someone like Hinrich if you could swing it. That would help your steals and threes. Then drop Blake to pick up someone like Perkins or Pryzbilia out of free agency.Maybe even try Sheed + Blake for Hinrich.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #60
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
FG%-Should be near the top of your league with Howard and O'Neal. Anthony's shooting close to 48% as well.
FT%-Probably one of the worst in your leage. I crunched the numbers using last season's freethrows made and attempted between Howard, Redd, Anthony and O'Neal and it puts you right at 75%. Then Bogut, Q-Rich and Carney will probably offset most of the positive effect of Felton, Wallace, Villanueva, Conley, Green and Blake.
3PTM-Good but could be better. You're not going to be getting much out of Anthony, Conley or Green.
PTS-Better than average with two of the leagues top scorers. O'Neal and Howard aren't going to be too shabby this season either.
REB-Your best category. If Q-Rich continues to rebound at the level he did last season it will be difficult to beat you.
AST-I'm guessing Felton will get 8-9 assists this season. If Conley gets you six then you'll be competitive. If he doesn't get a lot of playing time then you may be just okay. I know free agency is shallow but keep an eye out for viable replacement for Blake, preferably one that shoots threes.
STL-Not too good unless Conley has the same success in this category as he did in college.
BLK-Very good. Needs no explanation
TO-Not usually able to gauge this category but you make it easy with Howard, O'Neal, Anthony and Redd. You're not going to do well.

I would trade Sheed for a point guard. Someone like Hinrich if you could swing it. That would help your steals and threes. Then drop Blake to pick up someone like Perkins or Pryzbilia out of free agency.Maybe even try Sheed + Blake for Hinrich.
thanks... proposed sheed+blake for the dude that has hinrich
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: