Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #61
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Channing Frye

Hah Sobe please do me. Same league as the others:

PG. Leandro Barbosa
G: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Manu Ginobili
SF: Dorrell Wright
PF: Tyrus Thomas
F: Caron Butler
C: Marcus Camby
C: LaMarcus Aldridge
Util: Richard Jefferson
Util: Monta Ellis
Bench: ELton Brand
Bench: Luis Scola
Bench: Tony Allen
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #62
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Hah Sobe please do me. Same league as the others:

PG. Leandro Barbosa
G: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Manu Ginobili
SF: Dorrell Wright
PF: Tyrus Thomas
F: Caron Butler
C: Marcus Camby
C: LaMarcus Aldridge
Util: Richard Jefferson
Util: Monta Ellis
Bench: ELton Brand
Bench: Luis Scola
Bench: Tony Allen
I'm going to do this assuming Elton Brand comes back on par with what he did last season

FG%-Arenas is going to drag you down but your bigs ought to be able to bring you up to mediocrity. Maybe better than that if Scola turns into a 14 or so point scorer.
FT%-You're going to be very strong in this category because of Gilbert's freethrows and none of your bigs (save Thomas) are crap freethrow shooters.
3PTM-You're going to be competitive with Arenas, Barbosa and Ginobli. However, you have a lot of guards and forwards that aren't particularly strong three point shooters (Butler, Wright, Ellis and Allen). I think you need to move at least one of these guys to try to get some more threes. Maybe Wright but he'll have more value once the season begins when he'll likely average 1 stl and 1 blk.
PTS-Hard to tell because there are a lot of questions about Brand, Scola, Aldridge, Thomas, Allen and Wright. Even if they turn out as expected, you're not going to be at the top of your league but you should be in the upper half. If not then you could be looking at a rough year.
REB-If Brand comes back you'll be better than average. If not, you'll not be very good at all. Either way you're going to have to be without his services until probably February.
AST-Easily your weakest category. You'll not win this many weeks.
STL-With Arenas, Butler, Ginobili, Ellis and Allen you're going to win this category almost every week.
BLK-Your guys ought to keep you competitive until Brand gets back, if he gets back. Should Brand return and if Tyrus Thomas ends up getting at least 25mpg by the end of the season, you're looking at a blocks powerhouse. Camby, Brand, Thomas and Aldridge should help you cruise in this category.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #63
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great work Sobe. Thanks a lot.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #64
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Great work Sobe. Thanks a lot.
I completely agree. Sobe rocks!

Sobe should do the preaseason power rankings.

Or why not do this, Sobe, rank the teams that we've posted up till now. Its nice to get an unbiased opinion
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #65
HoopitUP
Serious playground baller

HoopitUP has an OK reputation so far

Sobe is the man. always there for good advice.
HoopitUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #66
xrvdx
I brick open layups

xrvdx has an OK reputation so far

Sobe, so Deng and ellis was accepted for Jamison, which gives me an empty roster spot, which I used for foye. Who should I put in that empty utility spot now?
xrvdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #67
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvdx
Sobe, so Deng and ellis was accepted for Jamison, which gives me an empty roster spot, which I used for foye. Who should I put in that empty utility spot now?
I didn't know you still had an empty spot.
Give me an update of your team pre-Jamison trade and post-Jamison trade.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #68
xrvdx
I brick open layups

Brendan's Team
This is my roster now. Now that Deng's gone, I don't know who to use for the Utility position.

Player
PG
Baron Davis
(GS - PG)
PG
Deron Williams
(Uta - PG)
SG
Andre Iguodala
(Phi - SG,SF)
SG
Josh Smith
(Atl - SG,SF)
SF
Carmelo Anthony
(Den - SF)
SF
Lamar Odom
(LAL - SF,PF)
PF
Dirk Nowitzki
(Dal - PF)
PF
Emeka Okafor
(Cha - PF,C)
C
Amare Stoudemire
(Pho - C) INJ
Util
Antawn Jamison
(Was- SF,PF)- FOR NOW
BN
Ricky Davis
(Min - SG,SF)
BN
Tyson Chandler
(NO - C)
BN
LaMarcus Aldridge
(Por - PF,C)
BN
Randy Foye
(MN - PG,SG)
BN
Andrea Bargnani
(Tor - SF,PF)
BN
Raymond Felton
(Cha - PG,SG)
Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #69
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Brendan's Team
This is my roster now. Now that Deng's gone, I don't know who to use for the Utility position.

Player
PG
Baron Davis
(GS - PG)
PG
Deron Williams
(Uta - PG)
SG
Andre Iguodala
(Phi - SG,SF)
SG
Josh Smith
(Atl - SG,SF)
SF
Carmelo Anthony
(Den - SF)
SF
Lamar Odom
(LAL - SF,PF)
PF
Dirk Nowitzki
(Dal - PF)
PF
Emeka Okafor
(Cha - PF,C)
C
Amare Stoudemire
(Pho - C) INJ
Util
Antawn Jamison
(Was- SF,PF)- FOR NOW
BN
Ricky Davis
(Min - SG,SF)
BN
Tyson Chandler
(NO - C)
BN
LaMarcus Aldridge
(Por - PF,C)
BN
Randy Foye
(MN - PG,SG)
BN
Andrea Bargnani
(Tor - SF,PF)
BN
Raymond Felton
(Cha - PG,SG)
Oh, I thought you were saying that you only had 15 of a possible 16 players.
Is this a H2H or Roto league?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #70
xrvdx
I brick open layups

No, I have all 16 after I picked up foye. I meant, what player out of my bench/starters should play the utility spot, since Deng used to be my utility man. This is a H2H league.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #71
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
No, I have all 16 after I picked up foye. I meant, what player out of my bench/starters should play the utility spot, since Deng used to be my utility man. This is a H2H league.
It doesn't matter much since you'll be doing daily roster changes. Keep your best players in the lineup and make adjustments according to how the matchup between your opponents is progressing throughout the week.
Overall, I would say you've got a very balanced roster where you are strong in 7 of the 9 categories and you should contend for your league title, barring a slew of injuries. Keep an eye on Peja in case one of your players is dogging it. Don't be afraid to drop some of your lower valued players in case of major injury because with such a shallow league there are usually viable candidates in free agency. Have fun and good luck.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #72
xrvdx
I brick open layups

all right, sobe, thanks for your help.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #73
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
all right, sobe, thanks for your help.
No worries. Actually let me add to what I said. Since there are only six teams in your league, have patience with your best players when they have non-seasonending injuries because every team in your league is automatically in the playoffs. Good luck.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:19 AM   #74
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
Without looking at the other teams in your league, I like the potential that this team has but it could also blow up.
Like you said you're going to pretty good in the big man stats, FG%, REB and BLK. Same with FT% since you have enough high volume/high percentage guys to counteract Shaq. If Belinelli, Mo Pete and Herrmann pan out this season you also ought to be pretty good in threes as well. Being a force in STL ought not to be difficult with Kobe, KG and Marion on your team. You'll never win assists and I'm terrible at gauging TOs.

I'd let this team play a couple of weeks before making moves to trade away one of your stars (BTW, you should be trying to trade Marion if you do).

Who's left in free agency? You need to fill that last roster spot with a player with center eligibility because you've got two roster spots for centers and only two players to fill those spots. Is Perkins available by any chance? Or Pryzbilia? And be on the lookout for a DeShawn Stevenson replacement in case Nick Young starts to take minutes away from him.

Thanks sobe. And yea if I trade one of my stars, it will be Marion for sure.

I picked Brandon Haywood for the last roster space. Etan Thomas has heart irregularity and could be out for a while. Haywood averaged 6/6 and 1 blk last season playing 22 min/gm. I'm not really high on Pryz and Perkins isnt available.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 10-05-2007 at 02:22 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:00 AM   #75
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

**** Brendan Haywood. I swear to god I plan on murdering anyone who holds onto Haywood for longer than two weeks. What a cocksuck.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: