Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Blow This Team Up

If the Kings keep Bibby and Artest to start building, by the time they're any good, their careers will be on the back nine. If Bibby, Artest, and Miller can land some nice young players to put around KMart2, then that would be the best scenario. Get a bad season and a chance to pick OJ Mayo, Beasley, or Rose in next year's draft.

Scenario 1: Trade Bibby and Abdur-Rahim to the Lakers for Bynum, Crittenton, Radmanovic, and Brown. This would make Kobe ecstatic as he's not a big fan of Bynum. Bibby, Bryant, and Odom would make a nice trio in LA. For the Kings, they get a nice young center in Bynum and PG in Crittenton. Brown gives them options next summer as his $9M contract is an expiring one. Radman would be a filler to make salaries match.

Scenario 2: Send Artest and Garcia to NY for Wilson Chandler, David Lee, and Malik Rose. Rose is a horrible contract, but if they show they're willing to take it on, then Isaiah could let go of Lee who he likes a lot. With 1 more year left, Rose will have value next season as an expiring contract.
Marbury, Richardson, Artest, Randolph, and Curry would make a nice line up for the Knicks.

Scenario 3: Send Miller to San Antonio for Barry, Udrih, Elson, and the rights to Tiago Splitter. Basically, this is for financial reasons as all 3 are expiring contracts. Why would SAS do this after winning a championship? To insure another one. Imagine Parker, Ginobli, Bowen, Duncan, and Miller. Miller would be the best center they've had since Robinson retired. They still have Oberto, Vaughn, and Horry off the bench. This move frees up $11M for next summer.

Altogether, the Kings would shed $22M for next summer. That savings could be use to get some big named, young free agents. Within that group will be Devin Harris, Andre Iguodala, Al Jefferson, Ben Gordon, Gilbert Arenas, Josh Smith, and Shawn Marion.

For the time being, the line up would look like this:

PG Crittenton - Udrih - Douby
SG Martin - Barry - Shakur
SF Salmons - Chandler
PF Lee - Brown - Williams
C Bynum - Moore - Hawes

Splitter stays in Spain. Hawes goes D-League and guys like Rose and Radman gets buried on the bench.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Blow This Team Up

Horrible, I dont' like the idea. Bynum sucks, we can't build around him.
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

If the Lakers won't trade Bynum for Kidd or O'Neal, would they really trade him and Brown for Bibby/SAR?

I like the Spurs trade though.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

I choose scenarion D: None of the above

Especially involving Garcia in the trade to NY, WOW I'll pass.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
If the Kings keep Bibby and Artest to start building, by the time they're any good, their careers will be on the back nine. If Bibby, Artest, and Miller can land some nice young players to put around KMart2, then that would be the best scenario. Get a bad season and a chance to pick OJ Mayo, Beasley, or Rose in next year's draft.

Enthusiasm doesn't = reality.

Quote:
Scenario 1: Trade Bibby and Abdur-Rahim to the Lakers for Bynum, Crittenton, Radmanovic, and Brown. This would make Kobe ecstatic as he's not a big fan of Bynum. Bibby, Bryant, and Odom would make a nice trio in LA. For the Kings, they get a nice young center in Bynum and PG in Crittenton. Brown gives them options next summer as his $9M contract is an expiring one. Radman would be a filler to make salaries match.

3 reasons why this isn't viable:

1. These two teams are NOT going to make any moves unless they are the last two teams in the league. Not only are they conference and division opponents, but sac gets screwed in this deal, and here's why:

2. Yeah, Brown's contract is comming off the books after the season, but they would be taking another long bad contract in Rad that overpays him until 2011. Sac already has Salmons and Garcia to fill that reserve spot, and quite frankly, developing Garcia is more important than playing another crappy overpaid role player who won't get any better. They also don't need Bynum, since the young frontline talent is going to be Hawes and Williams, along with the new signing of Moore. And Bynum makes the third reason:

3. LA's suits won't let go of Bynum for that deal. If they passed on Kidd, JO, and possibly KG (rumors), then why the hell would they deal him for Bibby and SAR? Doesn't make any sense. If their goal was getting talent to keep Kobe happy, they have better options that Bibby and SAR.

Quote:
Scenario 2: Send Artest and Garcia to NY for Wilson Chandler, David Lee, and Malik Rose. Rose is a horrible contract, but if they show they're willing to take it on, then Isaiah could let go of Lee who he likes a lot. With 1 more year left, Rose will have value next season as an expiring contract.
Marbury, Richardson, Artest, Randolph, and Curry would make a nice line up for the Knicks.

First off, a deal that involved Ron going to NY was talked about, but Lee was the key guy. Zeke didn't want to give him up, and Sac wanted him, so this deal is dead until some othe guys become avaliable for trade a little later on NY's roster.

Quote:
Scenario 3: Send Miller to San Antonio for Barry, Udrih, Elson, and the rights to Tiago Splitter. Basically, this is for financial reasons as all 3 are expiring contracts. Why would SAS do this after winning a championship? To insure another one. Imagine Parker, Ginobli, Bowen, Duncan, and Miller. Miller would be the best center they've had since Robinson retired. They still have Oberto, Vaughn, and Horry off the bench. This move frees up $11M for next summer.

Miller was injured last season, and played like crap. It's hard to imagine SA taking a chance (and his contract) on a huge question mark. Miller is in shape now, but can he stay healthy? I just don't see SA pulling the trigger on this, since Miller is the kind of guy who is best used in the high post with the ball, while that is exactly what Tim does. Miller can spot up, but plays no defense, doesn't rebound well, and basically doesn't do anything for them that Oberto can't do. Miller wouldn't be used to the best of his abilities on that team, and IMO, isn't worth it to SA.

Quote:
Altogether, the Kings would shed $22M for next summer. That savings could be use to get some big named, young free agents. Within that group will be Devin Harris, Andre Iguodala, Al Jefferson, Ben Gordon, Gilbert Arenas, Josh Smith, and Shawn Marion.

Every single one of those players would require a huge contract to lure to sacramento, and the kings are learning the lessons of Bibby and Miller. I see the kings trying to rebuild with younger, cheaper talent instead of overpaying a guy yet again.

I like your creativity, but the fact is that any deals involving Bibby and Miller won't be until after this season, as Bibby will then be entering his last year, and the following year, Miller will be in his. Grabbing more frontline talent or reserve swingmen won't work, as the Kings obviously want to develop Garcia, Douby, Williams, Hawes, and just signed Moore. Plus, Thomas is still a huge contract thorn in the side of the franchise, so look for major moves in 09 and 2010.

Last edited by Showtime : 09-14-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

i love that SA trade tho...Splitter would be nice for us. We haven't had a sensible Center since well Divacs and Miller to some extent
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #7
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea. I'd love for Splitter to come to the Kings.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08

I like the idea of freeing up cap room for Harris, Iguodala and Smith. But I heard somewhere that Iguodala is close to signing a Kevin Martin-like contract extension; so that rules him out. Of the three, I'd like to see Smith on the Kings the most. Right now his maturity is not quite where it needs to be but give him 2-3 years and he'll be amazing. He's already contributing at a high level.

Realistically, it seems like Harris is our best option as a free agent. Something tells me he's tired of splitting time with Jason Terry and wouldn't mind trying out another team where he can be "The Man". We'd have to get him at the right price and right amount of years though. He does have a few holes in his game...
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Devin Harris already is signed with a 5-year 42 mill dollar contract... Where ya been?
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #10
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

Yup, that officially makes me an idiot. So I guess we can focus on Josh Smith then?
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenpolynice
Yup, that officially makes me an idiot. So I guess we can focus on Josh Smith then?
oh be easy on yourself
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: