Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-14-2007, 02:36 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Am I too optimisitic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
T-Mac has chronic back problems and it's only a matter of time before has his back fused ala Scottie Pippen. No doubt he'll miss at least 20 games.

Golden State will move up as high as the 5th spot...remember, they made the big trade midway in the season and they were just starting to gel at the end.

The new on the rise team will be the New Orleans Hornets, they usually kick our A** and have added new talent, if they are healthy add them to the mix.

We have Kobe so we have a shot at spots 6-8 if he stays healthy and someone Bynum, Turiaf, Evans,Bynum, Fisher, Farmar or Criitt comes up huge this season...if not and Kobe misses 10-15 games we could easily fall to
10th.

Side note.......Portland is going to kick A** in a few years....they'll be a high lottery team again next year and if Oden recovers well, they'll be great!!!!!!

I have to admit this is the most optimistic I have ever seen you

AND WHY THE HELL IS NOONE RESPONDING TO MY LONG POST??!! LOL
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:52 AM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
ND WHY THE HELL IS NOONE RESPONDING TO MY LONG POST??!! LOL
it took the words away...lol no actually it was a good post, i agree with alot of the thoughts, obviously the big three suns, mavs and spurs are going to be the teams to beat... but the rest is not as set as people assume...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 AM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
it took the words away...lol no actually it was a good post, i agree with alot of the thoughts, obviously the big three suns, mavs and spurs are going to be the teams to beat... but the rest is not as set as people assume...

Which parts we talkin homeboy?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #19
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

If we don't make a trade, the absolute best case scenario is winnin 2 games in the 1st round n that's it
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #20
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
If we don't make a trade, the absolute best case scenario is winnin 2 games in the 1st round n that's it

Oh come on now....we could actually win 3
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #21
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

I guess a lot of you are right. 5th place is kind of a reach. I was just going by last years team which, in my opinion, should've won 52 games if they hadn't lost
40+ games from Odom and Walton.

Losing Kwame for 40+ games is not insignificant either. At least he wouldn't have allowed Eddie Curry torch the Lakers with 27 points. Kwame's injuries cost at least 4 games.

But I'm confident that this current roster (without major injury) is better than the 45-37 roster of 05-06, or last years 42-40 record.

Is 48 wins realistic?
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #22
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

anything is realistic
the injury hit us hard, and as long as injury hit the Rockets every year (it just varies)
or injury hit a team such as Denver, could always put us at 48 wins
but also remember there are teams that struggled with injury last year too
and the key is to be able to beat those teams still

the Lakers was inconsistent if you think about last year
we can pull off OT over Houston
and we'll lose to Bobcats the next night
the Lakers would easily be in the 50 win
if we could just beat the .500 and -.500 teams on a Regular basis
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #23
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think to imagine 50 wins is a realistic notion, assuming that the current lakers can stay in a favorable possition...

By that I mean that they can even have injuries but as long as they are not longlasting or in bundles.. then they can even work thru that..

I think the bench is the place of much more concern... You have to worry about Farmar and Evans production, the recuperation of Mimsee (since they are banking for him to be a factor), and also the nonexistance of Cook and Shasha.

Because the rest will bring what we need, players such as DFish, Walton, KB, and LO... those we dont need to worry about.

And Players like Bynum, Kwame, J.C. and Turiaf... those guys need to overachieve if the Lakers plan on hitting anything above 40 victories....

But if all goes proper it could happen...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #24
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

MyLakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton_04
I guess a lot of you are right. 5th place is kind of a reach. I was just going by last years team which, in my opinion, should've won 52 games if they hadn't lost
40+ games from Odom and Walton.

Losing Kwame for 40+ games is not insignificant either. At least he wouldn't have allowed Eddie Curry torch the Lakers with 27 points. Kwame's injuries cost at least 4 games.

But I'm confident that this current roster (without major injury) is better than the 45-37 roster of 05-06, or last years 42-40 record.

Is 48 wins realistic?

Getting 48 wins or the 5th seed is possible, but not likely. Last year's Lakers could have easily been a 5th seed; however, too many teams have improved significantly to likely do so this year. I bet even teams like the Mavs, Suns, and Spurs won't win 60 games this season. They will still be the teams to beat, but there is a lot more paridy in the West than there was in that past few seasons.

Fortunately the Lakers were beating the elite teams at the start of last season, so they absolutely have a chance to do fairly well. However, teams like the Rockets, Nuggets, Warriors, and Hornets are significantly better than they were last season and the Jazz seem to have found their mojo again. So getting a lot of wins will be tough for everyone. How we stack up against these teams will be the difference.

The Nuggets could legitimately be scary if they continue to build on how they were playing at the end of last season.

If the Rockets can stay healthy, they could emerge as a real conteder, not just a good playoff team. Adding Steve Francis and Scola is huge. And the return of Bonzi Wells gives them a bench with punch. And lastly, Rick Ademan is the perfect coach for this team. Let's just hope it takes them a little while to gel in the new offense; because talentwise, they are EASILY a 4th seed.

The Jazz aren't likely to waste half their season again like they did last year. So recordwise, they could be better than they were last year.

The Hornet's are flat out a good team. Before Paul and Peja went down w/ injuries, they were really starting to gel. I still think the Lakers are a cut above them, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they made some noise this year.

Golden State has the possibility to end anywhere from 5 to 10. Although they will feel the loss of JR, the new euro rookie looks great and is PERFECT for Nelly ball. Like the Rockets and Lakers, how they do may ultimately come down to how healthy they are.

The Lakers were VERY good last year when healthy and proved they could beat even the elite teams before LO went down.

This year they have a nice upgrade at PG with Fish and a more seasoned Famar. VRad can potentially be very effective off the bench (we'll see). Mihm's return could really be a factor. It's not that I expect great numbers from him, it's more that all 3 of our centers are foul prone; so it's nice to know we will always have a "decent" center out there. But the biggest potential for improvement is that EVERYONE on the squad should really know the triangle. As many of us know, the triangle really only works well when EVERYONE knows what to do. This will be that first season in a long while we have this situation. Is it enough? Hmmmmm, difficult to tell.

So the Lakers are competing with the group above for the 4th through 8th seeds. I actually believe the Lakers have enough talent to make the 5th seed. Unfortunately, I am just not so sure they can be consistent enough game in and game out to come out on top of this group of veteran teams. As such, I predict 6 or 7 seed.

Last edited by MyLakers : 09-14-2007 at 05:23 PM.
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #25
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far
Default Just had to bring this thread back

This thread just reminded me of what September was like.

A lot has changed
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Just had to bring this thread back

Quote:

A lot has changed

You weren't being too optimistic.... you weren't optimistic enough!
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:06 AM   #27
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Just had to bring this thread back

Quote:

A lot has changed

LOL nice bump man! We've made it boys..We've made it. Now it's time to do our thing and win some playoffs and the championship game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
You weren't being too optimistic.... you weren't optimistic enough!
QFT!
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: