Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #16
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best Book You've Read

the holy book
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #17
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Animal Farm

Farenheit 451

Now I understand why they made us read this crap in High School.

meh.. I didn't really like F451, and only read 10 pages of Animal Farm. I hate the kind of books that try to make you think with all of these metaphors and sh*t.
The funny thing was that I got an A on the Animal Farm test without really reading anything. Multiple choice and T/F questions, which are always easy to guess on.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #18
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Wilt, 1962

A must read for any hoops fan.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #19
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Hearts in Atlantis is my favorite.

After that you've got 1984, Franny and Zooey, Invisible Man, Lord of the Flies, Catch-22, and America the book.

Just curious does anybody else think Great Gatsby is a grossly overrated book?

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 09-14-2007 at 01:18 AM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #20
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Hearts in Atlantis is my favorite.

After that you've got 1984, Franny and Zooey, Invisible Man, Animal Farm, Catch-22, and America the book.

Just curious does anybody else think Great Gatsby is a grossly overrated book?

I really liked 1984, definitely an interesting book that causes you to think. I liked the Great Gatsby as well, i had to read it for school last month. But for how short it is, and for how the book ends with no real point, it is a pretty overrated book.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #21
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How dare you blaspheme the name of F. Scott Fitzgerald like that.

You guys are probably Atheists too
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #22
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Ender's Game-a science fiction novel but absolutely fantastic. The way its written, described and the story. It just f*cking brilliant.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #23
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Deception Point and In Cold Blood
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:16 AM   #24
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I'm snagging The Alchemist tomorrow at the library, well that is if they have it...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 AM   #25
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nathaniel Fick - "One Bullet Away"
Evan Wright - "Generation Kill"
Michael Herr - "Dispatches"
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #26
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
But for how short it is, and for how the book ends with no real point, it is a pretty overrated book.
The ending was the best part. I didn't even read the first few chapters at first, as when I was told I had to read it for class, I just used sparknotes for it. Then a few people started telling me how good it was, so I decided to give it a shot. Read from chapter 6 (I think) on, finished it, loved the ending, and went back and read it again.

I can't really give an opinion on whether or not it's overrated because I just haven't read enough classics to compare it to. I know it's a critically acclaimed novel and that I enjoyed it, but without knowing how good the rest of the books on its level are, I don't think I can make a fair judgment.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:47 AM   #27
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Lance Armstrong: It's not About the Bike.

Maybe not the best, but highly recommended.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: