Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Why is it taking so long for devean George???

I wan't some news on this whole devean george issue.

We can get some nice complimentary players from him in return.

I am anxious to see where he ends up
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people
Default Devean

Is he not an unrestricted Free Agent? who have you heard wants to do a sign and trade for him?
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

sorry, but DGeorge has no value. his next contract, if he gets one, will be near the vets minimum.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Deavens big dollar days are over
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He would be a good veteran player for a team. he hits big shots and can score 20 here and there.

I guess in his contract year last season he started getting worried.

Maybe if no one wants him we can keep him for a pay cut
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I heard a few teams were interested in him...hes not a terrible player and hes not too old so i dont see why a contending team wouldnt want him as a backup...i dont think we will get anything back for him...he is unrestricted and he doesnt have a whole lot of value...prob sign for the vet min...cant see the lakers re-signing him becasue they have already have a ton of swingmen...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I just dont understand how a solid scorer can all of the sudden have no value.

People forget the Jobe he did on carmelo anthony this season.

They developed a rivalry with each other
Old 07-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.

I think that after a few more players get signed....Devean will be on that next tier of free agents to move. Like how the T wolves signed Mike James and that allowed Marcus Banks to know that his time there was over.

I remember that a couple of teams were looking at him, I forgot who. But a player like Devean George, nice defender,athletic rebounder, decent jumper will always have a place in the league.

Hopefully the Lakers get a sign and trade......or at least there will be space for Pinnock on the roster.
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Playoff contenders should be interested in him. Teams like Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Miami, Detroit, New Jersey.

These things take time. Just look at the Al Harrington situation.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem with George is not his athletic skills. He is a "head" case and gets down on himself too much. He's actually a really nice guy, and from what I understand, he is liked by most of his team mates.

The Lakers signed him for a huge contract hoping he would develop into a solid player. Unfortunately, he has been inconsistent. As my dad calls him, "curiously inconsistent George."

Anyway, I do wish him luck. He will for sure land at another team!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:27 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
The problem with George is not his athletic skills. He is a "head" case and gets down on himself too much. He's actually a really nice guy, and from what I understand, he is liked by most of his team mates.

The Lakers signed him for a huge contract hoping he would develop into a solid player. Unfortunately, he has been inconsistent. As my dad calls him, "curiously inconsistent George."

Anyway, I do wish him luck. He will for sure land at another team!

Even if he is what your dad calls him...I think he got drafted from a Division 3 college.

That would be pretty difficult to stay in the NBA but he did. and helped out in his first 3 seasons in our championship run.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #12
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Yeah i agree with you he got drafted out of Augsburg if i'm not mistaken. To be honest I would rather keep this guy more than a lot of people on out roster.

Cook, McKie, Green, Wafer just to name a few. The guy knows the triangle, knows it very well and has helped us in the playoffs.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey, I am not knocking him... I like him, so its bitter sweet that he's gone. Maybe if there is no market for him, the Lakers will resign him for cheap.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people
Default Ok Ok he has value

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I just dont understand how a solid scorer can all of the sudden have no value.

People forget the Jobe he did on carmelo anthony this season.

They developed a rivalry with each other

But Lakerfreak you do realize that he is a free agent and the best that the Lakers can hope for is a roster spot opening up when someone signs George since again he is a FA.

I am just looking for you to acknowledge this. It does not sound like you understand was a unrestricted free agent is.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #15
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Hes crap thats why
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: