Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Where is everyone wanting/hoping/planning on going on in the next 6 months-1 year? I am going out to Los Angeles sometime next spring. Gonna hit up some beaches, sporting events, attend taping of the Jay Leno Show, Price is Right, etc. Might make a daytrip down to San Diego. Also, hoping to go to NYC next Summer. I've always wanted to go there.

My family also has a bunch of relatives that live in Germany, so we might be going there for Christmas instead of having the usual celebration here.

What do you guys have planned, or are dreaming of?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!
 
Sagat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tiger Up Her Butt!!!
Posts: 958
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

I'll probably hit up Thule, Greenland. I might even go to Nepal; I plan on climbing Mt. Everest wearing nothing but a lime green thong and my Timberlands with no socks on.

I'll take my laptop with me, might get lonely on those peaks. I'll come here and have some thread sex.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,459
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Next 6 months:
alpine tx
fayetville ar
cali/AZ/NM (road trip)
American Samoa
Vancouver BC
and probably chicago
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Hawker
Banned
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,940
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Where is everyone wanting/hoping/planning on going on in the next 6 months-1 year? I am going out to Los Angeles sometime next spring. Gonna hit up some beaches, sporting events, attend taping of the Jay Leno Show, Price is Right, etc. Might make a daytrip down to San Diego. Also, hoping to go to NYC next Summer. I've always wanted to go there.

My family also has a bunch of relatives that live in Germany, so we might be going there for Christmas instead of having the usual celebration here.

What do you guys have planned, or are dreaming of?

Take that trip to Germany. You wont be disappointed. It's better to go outside of America than go somewhere inside of America.

You may think, "ewww germany i wont be able to speak german so whats the point."

They all speak english. Wherever I have gone, people speak english except for mexico (some did).
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,341
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

October, goin to puerto rico for the second time
november, goin to vegas for a conference
december, goin to vancouver for new years.


prob wont take a trip again after that till april or so.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,760
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Take that trip to Germany. You wont be disappointed. It's better to go outside of America than go somewhere inside of America.

You may think, "ewww germany i wont be able to speak german so whats the point."

They all speak english. Wherever I have gone, people speak english except for mexico (some did).
When I went skiing in Austria this past Easter, I noticed that pretty much everyone spoke English. It was very rare I saw someone who spoke only German.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
STelfair31
National High School Star
 
STelfair31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ISH'S FINEST
Posts: 2,205
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

catchin a Magic game over christmas in orland against the knicks and then hopefully DC cuz that is my city
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Florida and then an extensive tour of the Dakotas, I imagine.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #9
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

You'll enjoy San Diego a lot more then Los Angeles or NYC, trust me...it's a gorgeous place to visit.

I ain't going nowhere because I have no money...bunch of friends want me to go to Jamiaca with them in November for a week but I can't afford missing my Co-Op for that much time...I must get a certain amount of hours to get my credits.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Miami and Vegas on my radar before the year is out. Australia is something I might start seriously planning next month. Be a nice bday present for myself. By then I'll have saved up enough money to do something i want to do so bad. Great White Shark adventure. I wanna get in a cage and see one up cloe and personal.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
You'll enjoy San Diego a lot more then Los Angeles or NYC, trust me...it's a gorgeous place to visit.

I ain't going nowhere because I have no money...bunch of friends want me to go to Jamiaca with them in November for a week but I can't afford missing my Co-Op for that much time...I must get a certain amount of hours to get my credits.


I was out in San Diego this past May.........saw a 3-game series with my Reds vs. Padres, hit up some of the beaches, and checked out the nightlife. Good times
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Miami and Vegas on my radar before the year is out. Australia is something I might start seriously planning next month. Be a nice bday present for myself. By then I'll have saved up enough money to do something i want to do so bad. Great White Shark adventure. I wanna get in a cage and see one up cloe and personal.

LOVE Miami. Never been to Vegas. Did the whole Miami beach thing for Spring Break in 04-05. So much energy in that city, and never a boring moment.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #13
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Unfortunately when I was there I was too young to really do anything except go see the Heat play the Mavs. Hell, I'm still too young to do anything but see the Heat play.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #14
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Unfortunately when I was there I was too young to really do anything except go see the Heat play the Mavs. Hell, I'm still too young to do anything but see the Heat play.


Heat vs. Mavs, eh? Did you go in 04? I saw that matchup when I was there........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
LOVE Miami. Never been to Vegas. Did the whole Miami beach thing for Spring Break in 04-05. So much energy in that city, and never a boring moment.

Miami like my 2nd home...i figure i go in the Fall...not as hot as july-august.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy