Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #16
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmash
I say the trade shouldn't go through

You say that but do you think LAC can advance farther then they did?
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #17
simonmash
Can barely lace up my sneakers

simonmash has an OK reputation so far

I honestly believe they can advance....they have more chemistry together, they are on the same page...the older guys know what's up, and the younger guys continue to improve

i must admit i would rather have radmonovic than tim thomas (even though tim thomas does a little more on the floor)...radmonovic is a deadlier three point shooter in my mind...

nonetheless it just heats up the little rivaly between the lakers and clippers...

i really don't think the clippers would get far with AI.....They would trade away their backup PG who might even be their starting PG.....who would they sign? and who would they have for the future? all these things...and as much as i can't stand maggette's decision making....i think they can still go deep

i consider them a contending team...they are very solid...

KAMAN can only get better
BRAND continues to improve
MAGGETTE was injured all year....he will def have a better year
MOBLEY had a horrible year, it can't get worse
CASSELL is one of the most consistent players...he is SAM I AM
LIVINGSTON was injured his rookie yr and the start to this yr....I'm sure he worked on this jump shot this summer....
TIM THOMAS - Clutch, great off the bench
Q ROSS - Unbelievable defensive player...very under rated and shot continues to improve
J SINGLETON - Energy Can jump out the building...he rebounds, dunks, and has a shot
EWING - Energy guy
simonmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #18
Lei
Decent playground baller

Lei has decent reputationLei has decent reputation

both two have never stopped suffering from injuries, which cause risks
AI is already 31 now, he is definitely going to decline, its just a matter of time, that is a risk too.
Lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #19
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei
both two have never stopped suffering from injuries, which cause risks
AI is already 31 now, he is definitely going to decline, its just a matter of time, that is a risk too.

They said that he would be a shell of himself at 31 4-5yrs ago. And allas he has put up the best season in his entire career. Granted the team didnt win many games and missed the playoffs he did what many said he wouldnt do. He will decline, cant escape the inevitable. However he has another 2-3 tops good years in him before he flames out like GP did.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #20
Heelcrazy2
I airball my layups

Heelcrazy2 has an OK reputation so far

I know that this will not happen, but it got me thinking about it.

I think a backcourt of SLiv and AI would actually be a decent backcourt.
Heelcrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #21
CVMerlot954

CVMerlot954 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan
The AI and the practice thing is overblown, he's the type of guy who will it all when on the court. I personally think Livingston is overated, he won't even surpass the current Chris Paul..

Oh mi gawd, that's the funniest icon ever... is he jerking with his noodle,.? *lol* he looks quite happy doing it,.. *lol* got that "i just came" look in his eye,..
CVMerlot954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #22
CVMerlot954

CVMerlot954 has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't trade S.Liv for A.I. The players the Clippers have right now, is a great team. They've got a lot of depth. A.I. would take too many shots away from the other players. S.Liv, can score, but the Clips have enough scorers and good shooters IMO. T.Thomas is a great addition. The Clips are gonna be great next year, as long as the injury bug doesn't bite.

The only team that A.I. would be good for, is the Bulls. They've got so much defensive-minded players, I don't know where they're gonna find scoring.
CVMerlot954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #23
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Default AI trade idea

Works if you add Zelko Rebraca to make it 125% of salaries.

Philly trades AI and 1st round in 2007

and Clips trade Maggette, Livingston, and Rebraca.

Two superstars in AI and EB plus future coach Sammy equals
Finals next year for the ClipperNATION
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #24
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Billy King would do that deal in a second.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:35 PM   #25
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Doubt that the Clips do it though. Theyre really pretty high on Livingston. He could turn out to be a good PG but he's really injury prone. I wont mind seeing him here in Philly. Also, I thought that this rumor didnt have legs and was just thrown out there in Steven A. Smith's article..guess i was wrong.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #26
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

praneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation here

livingston will be a good pg in the league. He is still like 21 years old right? Maggette is injury prone, but when healthy he is a monster. AI is a great player, but how many years does that body have left. the way he plays, he wont last much longer. Plus i dont think adding AI puts the clips over the top.
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #27
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Shaun Livingston = overrated garbage who was actually less effective than Jared Jeffries in all respects last season.

Shaun Livingston = timid guy who is good at passing and having long arms and absolutely nothing else.

Shaun Livingston = has hit 1 three in his career, can't finish at the rim, barely shoots 40% from the floor and is sub-70% from the line.

So, is this really the guy you want to base your franchise around, when you could have AI in exchange for two reserves who barely even played for you last year and who had barely any impact when they did?

Allen Iverson = the best non-Bron/Wade backcourt player in basketball. You pull the trigger on that.

Oh yeah, I forgot, despite that all he does is hang out at the top of the key and pass to somebody who can actually do something, he manages to be injured ALL THE TIME because he is skinny and frail.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: