Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Would they be NBA Finals contenders? This isin't a hateful question towards yours truly Stephon Marbury, however, if he had Jason Kidd's mindset things would be diffrent because 'Starbury' is more athletic, and has more skills than Jason Kidd one on one basketball. So, answer that question folks, if Jason Kidd ran the Knicks as point guard, would they be NBA title contenders?
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Put JKidd on this roster we would of won a title by now if he's been here since Marbury has. PERIOD.

Imagine

Jason Kidd
Allan Houston
Van Horn
K Thomas
Nazr M.

Into the roster today where he can rest due to our deep roster.
Yeh we would be a real great team by now.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Let's just say that if Kidd ran the Knicks, we would have two titles by now.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Ok this proves my point, Stephon Marbury has the same athletic skills as Jason Kidd, and he's younger, I think if Marbury watches Jason Kidd video tapes he will learn to be a team player.

Can this happen?

Is it more than that? does he need the personality change too?
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Yes Marbury has better physical and basketball skills than Jason Kidd. Marbury is a better scorer and penetrator.

But Kidd has savvy and the knowledge of what it takes to make his team winners. The Knicks would have been much better with Kidd and Larry Brown would still be the coach if Kidd was on the team then.

Hopefully Marbury has finally learned how to run a team.

Last edited by oldknickfan : 09-15-2007 at 01:55 AM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:32 AM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
Ok this proves my point, Stephon Marbury has the same athletic skills as Jason Kidd, and he's younger, I think if Marbury watches Jason Kidd video tapes he will learn to be a team player.

Can this happen?

Is it more than that? does he need the personality change too?
Hell no
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

No disrespect, but has Jason Kidd won a title?

He has been to the finals twice, but no trophy.

All I can say is that the Knicks would make the playoffs if Kidd was the point.

The difference between the Knicks and Nets is not all Jason Kidd. If that were the case then the Nets would have won multiple 'ships by now.

The Knicks have talent. Not more than when the Nets when they went back to back finals.

Kidd is at least top 3 as a pg, right there with Nash and Deron and CP3, but he can't bring an automatic championship.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #8
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
No disrespect, but has Jason Kidd won a title?

He has been to the finals twice, but no trophy.

All I can say is that the Knicks would make the playoffs if Kidd was the point.

The difference between the Knicks and Nets is not all Jason Kidd. If that were the case then the Nets would have won multiple 'ships by now.

The Knicks have talent. Not more than when the Nets when they went back to back finals.

Kidd is at least top 3 as a pg, right there with Nash and Deron and CP3, but he can't bring an automatic championship.

Kidd is the best pg in da game. PERIOD
Kidd never had a low post presence offensively in his prime.
Kidd never had a back up that can actually bring some energy to the game until now.
And his rosters mostly had him play almost the whole game. On the knicks he would have time to rest and ultimately take the ship prolly once.
And those Nets teams that went to the finals were good but with him on the Knicks now..we would be better.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #9
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Anyone that thinks the Knicks would be in some great spot over the last few years with Jason Kidd compared to Stephon Marbury is the a simpleton.

Jason Kidd is good but he's not that good. Stop believing everything the media says. The Nets turnaround with Kidd was not as simple as "Kidd > Marbury".
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #10
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

if kid was the point i dont believe that the knicks would be better. people is always tryin to make it seem like marbury is a selfish player and all that. let me say this since marbury got to the knicks people cant say he hasnt played hard and he hasnt givin his all. the problem with people is that they need to stop listenin to the media for information because the media dont like marbury so they will try to bash him every chance they get. dont get me wrong kidd is a great player but to me in some ways he is a little over rated.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #11
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
if kid was the point i dont believe that the knicks would be better. people is always tryin to make it seem like marbury is a selfish player and all that. let me say this since marbury got to the knicks people cant say he hasnt played hard and he hasnt givin his all. the problem with people is that they need to stop listenin to the media for information because the media dont like marbury so they will try to bash him every chance they get. dont get me wrong kidd is a great player but to me in some ways he is a little over rated.

Bringin the Nets to the finals those years and being competetive wit that roster is good enuff for me. For me they over achieved and the Knicks have been UNDERachieving since he's had this team.

He plays hard but not smart.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #12
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
You and your media talk...

Have you ever thought that other people on this Knick's forum watch Knick's games?

How about that some of us watch Net's games?

Kidd is obviously a better player than Marbury. He's a much better passer, runs the break much better, is a much better rebounder, and can find the open man in pretty much any situation.

As for the media talk, I watch the NY Knicks, and I don't need to rely on the media to tell me how good Marbury is.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:00 AM   #13
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
You and your media talk...

Have you ever thought that other people on this Knick's forum watch Knick's games?

How about that some of us watch Net's games?

Kidd is obviously a better player than Marbury. He's a much better passer, runs the break much better, is a much better rebounder, and can find the open man in pretty much any situation.

As for the media talk, I watch the NY Knicks, and I don't need to rely on the media to tell me how good Marbury is.

this is what i mean. the media can never say that marbury cant play. when marbury is at the top of his game, there is not a man in this world that can stop him. but the media does say that he's selfish and he's all about himself and stuff like that. and u here people in this whole message board say the same things. and i dont agree with that. how u average 8 assist for the first ten years of your career and u selfish and all about himself. it doesnt make any sense. thats like sayin i average 28 points a game and people are tellin me i cant score. if the teams marbury played on won more and he didnt do anything different people would be sayin different things about him. cause at the end of the day in sports all that matter is your win lose record. and unfortunitely his teams lost more games then they won.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
how u average 8 assist for the first ten years of your career and u selfish and all about himself. it doesnt make any sense.

That is the rason why Marbs has been bashed his whole career. He should have had more assist per game.

He has the tools to be one of the best pg's to ever play in the NBA, because he refuses to be a PG. Great pg's make plays for their teammates all game long. They only shoots when they have to.

Kidd doesn't shoot much at all yet is one of the all-time leaders in triple doubles of any position. 10 points,10 boards, 10 assists is a typical Kidd statline. Marbury can only dream for that. Kidd helps his team by getting the ball and keeping his teammates involved with the ball.

Marbury has never done that.

Quote:
thats like sayin i average 28 points a game and people are tellin me i cant score.

I didn't get your point here but if you take 20 shots to get those points, people will say you are a chucker.

Quote:
cause at the end of the day in sports all that matter is your win lose record. and unfortunitely his teams lost more games then they won.
True and the main reson has been because of him, as a testament that every team he has played for has done better IMMEDIATELY after he left.

Last edited by knickscity : 09-16-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:35 AM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Kidd is the best pg in da game. PERIOD

Period is kind hard to picture with Nash, TP, CP3, Deron in the L right now. Kidd no doubt is in this elite group, but no way is he hands down better.

Quote:
Kidd never had a low post presence offensively in his prime.
Kidd has prospered due to the fact he plays at his peak when he has finishers, guys who are active movers without the ball, such as RJ, K-Mart, Vince Carter. If you are referring to a Eddy Curry-type player Kidd would not be nearly as effective, he would be forced to shoot more, due to Curry getting doubled on every possesion.
Quote:
Kidd never had a back up that can actually bring some energy to the game until now.

Who are you referring to?? His back-up in Williams hardly gets run because he can't run an NBA offense. He is not NBA ready yet, for a team that has playoff aspirations, that is.

Lots of times people get energy mixed up. Energy that forces turnovers, gets extras possessions is great. Two energy guys on the Knicks are Lee and Nate. Lee is a hustle-type player. Nate is an energy guy, but if he is out there too long he will eventually kill the team flow by trying a highlight attempt that usually lead to a fast break for the opponent. Lee on the other hand isn't a good defender either. If he is out there too long his turnovers and fouls are sure to pile up.

Quote:
And his rosters mostly had him play almost the whole game.
Stars want this, so do team leaders. Your best player is supposed to be on the floor for the majority of the game.

Kidd plays a total of about 3 quarters worth a minutes, somehwere around 36 minutes per game. He has done this pretty much his whole career. That's not alot, but if you want him to sit down more, be my guest.

I can't imagine how teams who had or have now, guys like Nash, who run their teams with such skill sitting down for long stretches like that.

Quote:
On the knicks he would have time to rest and ultimately take the ship prolly once.
No comment whatsoever. It really say bushels on it's own.

Last edited by knickscity : 09-16-2007 at 01:42 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: