Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 03:03 AM   #16
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,886
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

The thing that Jason Kidd could provide to this team is some consistency, organization and chemistry.

First off, you know what your going to get out of Kidd. He's going to pass the ball, play D (although this skill is diminishing) and grab some rebounds. He doesn't go outside of his game and he's mastered this art. Unlike Marbury who still can't find a balance in his game. At times he's a scorer, other times he's a distributer.

And having that consistency from Kidd would add about 5-10 wins imo. Not to mention Kidd's game is infectious and makes other players better (I hate using cliches but it's true), while if Marbury is hot, he's by himself and the team can't feed off of him.

Can we as Knick fans seriously say that Marbury transcends other player's game? Maybe this year will be different..............
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #17
j Fresh
Local High School Star
 
j Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the Knickerbockers' hood ..
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Starbury got mad skills dude don't hate
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:19 AM   #18
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass
 
RecSpecs110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Ugh....another Kidd vs. Marbury discussion, huh?
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #19
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
The thing that Jason Kidd could provide to this team is some consistency, organization and chemistry.

First off, you know what your going to get out of Kidd. He's going to pass the ball, play D (although this skill is diminishing) and grab some rebounds. He doesn't go outside of his game and he's mastered this art. Unlike Marbury who still can't find a balance in his game. At times he's a scorer, other times he's a distributer.

And having that consistency from Kidd would add about 5-10 wins imo. Not to mention Kidd's game is infectious and makes other players better (I hate using cliches but it's true), while if Marbury is hot, he's by himself and the team can't feed off of him.

Can we as Knick fans seriously say that Marbury transcends other player's game? Maybe this year will be different..............

like i said before. in sports its all about your win lose record. the teams marbury played on lose more games then they won. if marburys numbers never changed but his teams won more games. people would say completely different things about marbury.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 AM   #20
Thaihoops
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 62
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

I like Marbury, he is a nice player and I don't care how many interns he does.

But.. Kidd is definitely in another league...Who would you rather play with on your team?

And no we still wouldn't win the big one with J. Kidd, at least not this year.

TH
Thaihoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #21
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble
 
Chuck Thou NBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: www.youtube.com/lebeatstv
Posts: 2,583
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

I think you would win a championship, because look at what Kidd does on his team with just RJ, VC, & Nenad Kristic. Imagine JKIDD on the Knicks. I think they make the NBA Finals at least, in the weak East? where LeBron James made the Finals? yeah they make it. Probably not this season with the Celtics but last year yes definately.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #22
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,544
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksCity
That is the rason why Marbs has been bashed his whole career. He should have had more assist per game....
Yeah, cause Marbury being one of the only capable scorers on many of his past teams had no effect on Marbury's game. Marbury went from being a Kenny Anderson/Rod Strickland type PG to a Calvin Murphy type guy magically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksCity
True and the main reson has been because of him, as a testament that every team he has played for has done better IMMEDIATELY after he left.
Not even going to explain in detail, again, why this is stupid.

Just do the research and you'll learn that: a) both the NJ Nets and Phoenix Suns were extremely injury-plagued; b) neither team was as strongly contructed as they are now.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Why do the research on any of this?

Jason Kidd makes players better.

If Marbury doesn't score he is going to be unhappy.

As much as I felt LB was the wrong coach, he was right about Marbury. If he would just destribute the ball more, he would have more success.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #24
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,544
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Why do the research on any of this?
And on that note I'm done...
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #25
MJ23
Banned
 
MJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

media hates marbury so much, therefore people like you always bash him like hes the worst pg in the nba...imo, marbury is the most underrated pg in the league...
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Yeah, cause Marbury being one of the only capable scorers on many of his past teams had no effect on Marbury's game. Marbury went from being a Kenny Anderson/Rod Strickland type PG to a Calvin Murphy type guy magically.

Kenny and Rod were not the same type of player, but we won't get into that period, plus comparing Marbury to Kenny just because of the GT connection is a dis to Marbs.

Quote:
Just do the research and you'll learn that: a) both the NJ Nets and Phoenix Suns were extremely injury-plagued; b) neither team was as strongly contructed as they are now.

No...I want you to do the research and you will find that amazingly the teams that Marbs got traded from got [b]Immediately [/] better because of the point guard they acquired. Some of the same players Marbs played with in Phoenix are still there now. With Nash they instantly excelled.

A side note for New Jersey, look at their record when Marbs got shipped out for Kidd. The went from perrenial losers to instant NBA finalists. If that doesn't give you an indicator on the importance of having a real PG who is a floor general as is Kidd is then there is no convincing you.

The Nets went to the finals with virtually the same team. Unless your counting a young RJ as the difference maker.

No the difference is that Marbury makes no one better as the main distributor.

Yes he can score, but don't dare say that Marbs didn't have any help, therefore that's why he lost. He has had help his whole career.

But the point is as I will say again, the Job of the PG is to distribute that ball.

Great PG's makes player better, helping them to score easy baskets.

Marbury refuses to do that.

But I have a question for you.....How many PG's can you think of in the L during Marbury's career has been as notorious for giving up his dribble as he does.

And you know just as well as I do that the Knicks will not be relevant until the day Marbury takes that hike. History around Marbury dictates this.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
And on that note I'm done...

You should be done just because you are wrong. I respect you views, but on this one no one will agree.

Marbury is a loser. Not because of lack of talent. Rather, lack of insight to use his talent to benefit his team. Everywhere he went was the same.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #28
MJ23
Banned
 
MJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

have any of you ****** ever thought maybe his teammates never liked him therefore they all play like shyt....you guys can talk bout Kidd all you what but he doesnt have nothing just like marbury and nash
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23
have any of you ****** ever thought maybe his teammates never liked him therefore they all play like shyt....you guys can talk bout Kidd all you what but he doesnt have nothing just like marbury and nash
1)You don't have to like your teammates. Just a common goal to want to win.

2)Kidd has made his teammates better as he has gotten wiser to the game.

Nash has done the same.

Marbury is a second tier PG, because he does not understand his position as a PG.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #30
MJ23
Banned
 
MJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
1)You don't have to like your teammates. Just a common goal to want to win.

2)Kidd has made his teammates better as he has gotten wiser to the game.

Nash has done the same.

Marbury is a second tier PG, because he does not understand his position as a PG.

1. how are you gonna get good chemistry and you dont like the players

2. kidd puts up triple doubles but his team is underachieving while hes overachieving

3.Nash has an all star squad but hes still great though
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy